Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'm sorry but the 4300 is not even close to a well tuned

19t. In fact, I'm having a hard time keeping up with well tunned C27 stock motors. Oh, I guess I could gear to the moon, but I try to keep motor temps around 130. I would like to see Novak make a slower motor for the novice class.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yea, I have to agree. Fast stock guys have about the same top speed as the 4300... maybe just slightly less if you really gear it aggressively. What they don't have is the incredible rip of the 4300. 19T kills 4300.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Lightbulb

A 19t has more punch at the being of a run. But ss4300 get it back at the end of a run.

If you put the upgrade kit on the ss4300, it will be the same as a 19t the whole run.
Attached Thumbnails New Novak Brusless System-novc5922.jpg  
Old 04-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Just finished installing the GTB onto my Cyclone. Took me a while to figure out the best fitment without all the messy wires. I also used dean plugs so I could switch between brush and brushless motor easily.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

In fact, it would be possible to have more profiles in the ESC's that limit he RPM counts which is totally possible with the sensored BL ESC's. You could have 27T, 19T and Modified profiles ready in the speedo. This would make racing very fun. Just program the speedo and you'll be running any class.
The motor manufacturers worst nightmare though, so it probably wont be reality in a couple of years.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookinco
Just finished installing the GTB onto my Cyclone. Took me a while to figure out the best fitment without all the messy wires. I also used dean plugs so I could switch between brush and brushless motor easily.

looks very neat! Im sure Jason from BMI wil want to see this picture
Old 04-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

THANKS!, Yeah it took me a while to make it all nice and tidy!

I am trying to find the right motor to run with my brushed motor friends.

so is the SS4300 with upgrade kit equal to the speed of a fast 19T motor?

What would be the closest match of brushless motor to brushed 27T and 19T motor?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookinco
THANKS!, Yeah it took me a while to make it all nice and tidy!

I am trying to find the right motor to run with my brushed motor friends.

so is the SS4300 with upgrade kit equal to the speed of a fast 19T motor?

What would be the closest match of brushless motor to brushed 27T and 19T motor?
A SS4300 about 1-2 teeth undergeared will have very similar top end and a bit more rip than a fast stock motor, and that's with the upgrade kit. It can't touch a fast 19T. If you need proof of this, check out the difference in laps at the Novak race where they had a 4300 class. It was right about in the middle of 27T and 19T. The 5800 is considerably faster than a 19T, and again, has a lot more rip.

I found the upgraded rotor and endbell didn't make the motor faster, but did give it a bit more rip. It also made it smoother by eliminating the vibration problems it had.

I really enjoy driving with the 4300. It's a great combination of speed and torque, and the smooth powerband is a real treat. It's far more enjoyable than driving with a stock brushed motor, and it remains consistent throughout the run. Stock motors seem to be a compromise between RPM and torque. The 4300 has plenty of both.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evicerator
The brushed mode in the GTB is the same as profile 3 in the GTX
Hi Steve,
I need some help with setting the GTB to have a smoother power curve when using a 4.5 Velociti motor. The 4.5 has so much rip out of the corners that it literally makes my car understeer on-power no matter how I slowly get on the throttle. Is there a way to go about this? I am looking for the smoothness of an 8x1 Checkpoint motor....Im new to the brushless scene and i don't know if I'm asking for is possible on the GTB. Any tip or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Sonny
Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi Steve,
I need some help with setting the GTB to have a smoother power curve when using a 4.5 Velociti motor. The 4.5 has so much rip out of the corners that it literally makes my car understeer on-power no matter how I slowly get on the throttle. Is there a way to go about this? I am looking for the smoothness of an 8x1 Checkpoint motor....Im new to the brushless scene and i don't know if I'm asking for is possible on the GTB. Any tip or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Sonny
I did mine on the Radio(M11) and I put a little more drag brake on the esc
Old 04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
The Evicerator

Sonny,

You can try running profile 3 which has a slightly lower minimum drive % rating which should result in a "softer" bottom end feel.

If this is not enough however you can try using some negative exponential in the throttle channel to get more of a feel you want. I would not go overboard with this though... I would move in increments of 5% until you find the feel that you are looking for.

Another thing to consider is your gearing... when running a 4.5T I generally run around a 9.5 gear ratio... Depending on your application and track size, this may vary a bit...

Hi Steve,

Sonny
Old 04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Sonny,

You can try running profile 3 which has a slightly lower minimum drive % rating which should result in a "softer" bottom end feel.

If this is not enough however you can try using some negative exponential in the throttle channel to get more of a feel you want. I would not go overboard with this though... I would move in increments of 5% until you find the feel that you are looking for.

Another thing to consider is your gearing... when running a 4.5T I generally run around a 9.5 gear ratio... Depending on your application and track size, this may vary a bit...
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your input. I'll try it next time I hit the track. Btw, I run in a 112Ft X 75Ft Technical Track with a Final Drive of 10.00, the motor temp reaches to 165*F. Is it possible to gear up some more? Thanks again.

SOnny
Old 04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your input. I'll try it next time I hit the track. Btw, I run in a 112Ft X 75Ft Technical Track with a Final Drive of 10.00, the motor temp reaches to 165*F. Is it possible to gear up some more? Thanks again.

SOnny
i was running a 10.11 on my 4.5 on a similar size track and it camo off the track at a 171 degrees! I spoke with Charlie today and he advised me that I could gear up more towards a 10.6 or so!!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if novak or lrp is working on a stock 27T brushless motor?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:40 AM
The Evicerator

Sonny,

It seems like you're getting close to the "safe threshold" of the motor... I would recommend trying the gearing that you are currently using in race conditions just to confirm that you do not experience any problems, and if you feel confident in the temperature and the performance you can probably go up a tooth safely.

But like always, monitor the temperature of the ESC and the motor.

Hi Steve,

SOnny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.