Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Those ceramic balls are that good huh? Well for 12.99 for a 10 pack of 3mm balls(from Acer's website), they better be. But its something thats definitely worth considering if it will stop me from constantly fighting with the stock diff components to get them consistent and not having them wear out.

Thanks for the tip guys.
The Tamiya carbides are over $20. for a set, SOOOOOO $12 was a good deal when I got them 2 years ago and are still using them. At one point, my son and I had 3- 415's, 2 TB02's and 2- TA05's, all with Acers. $280 compared to $120 was a hell of a deal. The Tam carbides didn't seem to hold up as long either.
Give it a shot, I think you will be happy with them.
Fred
Old 03-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
$12 was a good deal when I got them 2 years ago and are still using them.

Give it a shot, I think you will be happy with them.
Fred
I guess anything in this hobby you pay $12 for that last for 2 years is a good deal.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Hey guys...awesome thread!

1. Have any of you got an gear (final drive) chart you could send me?
2. Also what size spur gears have you been able to fit on the car without poking through the bottom of the chassis?
3. I bought the Raybrig (sp) chassis is it legal (TCS) to open the cooling air hole on the top of the body?
4. Are the new TA-05 parts TCS legal? I.E. the lightweight chassis etc...hope so just bought it.

Thanks

[email protected]

Paul
Click on the link in my signature for Gear Chart and you can make your own chart............
Old 03-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

We just got a few sets in stock of the TRF Special Blue shocks in stock. We also received a large shipment of Tamiya parts (quite a few TA05 parts)

THANKS SPEEDTECH for the info but I ordered a bunch of other stuff from you Friday night so I exhausted my rc budget for the week already. Hopefully there will still be a set left when the budget is replenished but thanks for the heads up and its great to see you carry the full line of TA stuff. I dont like buying outside the US and actually never have. THANKS!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey guys...awesome thread!

1. Have any of you got an gear (final drive) chart you could send me?
2. Also what size spur gears have you been able to fit on the car without poking through the bottom of the chassis?
3. I bought the Raybrig (sp) chassis is it legal (TCS) to open the cooling air hole on the top of the body?
4. Are the new TA-05 parts TCS legal? I.E. the lightweight chassis etc...hope so just bought it.

Thanks

[email protected]

Paul

3. cooling hole is not legal.
4. if its available throught TamiyaUSA, it is approved for TCS races.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks...that is an awesome gear chart!

So what size spur have people been running in stock class (I don't want to buy a spur that sticks out the bottom of the chassis)...how about GT3 as well?

Steve (Speedtech rc) got my order in...awesome as usual! When are you going to get the aluminum rear hubs? Also need universals...

Paul
Old 03-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what size spur have people been running in stock class (I don't want to buy a spur that sticks out the bottom of the chassis)...how about GT3 as well?

Steve (Speedtech rc) got my order in...awesome as usual! When are you going to get the aluminum rear hubs? Also need universals...

Paul
A 106 64p. is safe to go with, I have heard of people runing 112 but I have not tried it yet. For GT-3 you can get enough gear in the car with the 106.
Paul..............
Old 03-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bane
THANKS SPEEDTECH for the info but I ordered a bunch of other stuff from you Friday night so I exhausted my rc budget for the week already. Hopefully there will still be a set left when the budget is replenished but thanks for the heads up and its great to see you carry the full line of TA stuff. I dont like buying outside the US and actually never have. THANKS!!!
Hi Bane,

Thank you very much. We try as much as we can to keep stuff in stock. Sometimes is diffcult, but we try Thanks for the support!

Steve Wang
Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paul
Thanks Paul, as for the rear hubs and universal, which ones specifically are you referring to? We just receive this shipment recently so some of the stuff that are still out of stock is probably backordered at the moment.

Steve Wang
Old 03-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Thanks Paul, as for the rear hubs and universal, which ones specifically are you referring to? We just receive this shipment recently so some of the stuff that are still out of stock is probably backordered at the moment.

Steve Wang
Also you could list the lightweight 46mm Blue swing shafts from a TB EVO IV. for the guys not running the LTWT SUS. these will fit a TA05.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by *mini*racer*
Also you could list the lightweight 46mm Blue swing shafts from a TB EVO IV. for the guys not running the LTWT SUS. these will fit a TA05.
Can I use that tbevo4 lightweight blue cvds for the front? The standard 46mm tao5 cvds are still out of stock in my lhs. But they're made of steel instead of alum so I've been waiting for the longest time.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
Can I use that tbevo4 lightweight blue cvds for the front? The standard 46mm tao5 cvds are still out of stock in my lhs. But they're made of steel instead of alum so I've been waiting for the longest time.
as long as they are 46mm long as well.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by izzyracer
as long as they are 46mm long as well.
Tnx. I'll try it out. I just hope it doesn't bend in the front.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
Tnx. I'll try it out. I just hope it doesn't bend in the front.
Well as long you don't hit a brick or something you should be alright.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Paul
108 is the biggest 64p spur you can run on the 05. I run an Xenon 108 and it's just level with the bottom of the chassis. I may switch to a 107 or even a 106. But for now.. the 108 will do til it gets chewed up..

Also.. a 108 is the biggest you can go on the MSX as well... Yeah.. I run one on mine too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.