Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The kit oil (700cSt) is only for a rear gear diff. A spool (solid 'diff') is used in the front.
If you want to use a gear diff in the front you need to run MUCH thicker oil than the rear. Some use 500,000

I have a gear diff with 2.5million in it which only allows the diff to move but only very slowly and it takes a lot of effort.

If you do want to run a diff I suggest putting 1million or 2.5 million in and comparing it with a spool to see which you prefer.
I have only run my 2.5million diff once on asphalt, it made the car very stable but I need to do more back to back testing to see if it was actually quicker.
On a tight carpet track (which everyone seems to think is better with a gear diff in the front) I was quicker with a spool, the front gear diff made the car too safe.

I run 2000cSt in the rear

Skiddins
Okey, thanx for info
I ordered 2000 and 3000cst, i just drive with A spool - solid diff(original)

Last edited by HudyPat; 05-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on 2.5million diff oil in the U.K? I currently use 1million and am interested to see what 2.5 will do.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eded1
Yep on my home indoortrack it helpt me to have a new track record.
No bumpy track an the surface is kind of woven vilt and feel a bit like asfalt.
Thanks

Ed
Originally Posted by Rainmakerr
Good day all.

Anyone tried removing some screws from the top deck to improve flex?
Same good experience for me, when the grip is lower you can remove the screws to get more grip, I´ve had huge improvements some times with this. Last race I even used the thinner upper deck with no screws for a while as the grip was very low, when it came up I just put the screws back to make the car more responsive.

I run asphalt.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

One quick question. I'm going to start driving my t4 in vta w/ the kit setup but I see no mention of what droop settings to go with. Can someone recommend a good place to start with this car?

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
What shock springs are those? Are they short version?
dum question but what kinda battery holder is that looks like servo mounts
Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
Hi. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on 2.5million diff oil in the U.K? I currently use 1million and am interested to see what 2.5 will do.
Stormierhobbies sales it
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I switched from 1 million to 2.5 million a couple weeks ago and it's worth it... Here is where I got it from....

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/store...2C500%2C000cst
Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
One quick question. I'm going to start driving my t4 in vta w/ the kit setup but I see no mention of what droop settings to go with. Can someone recommend a good place to start with this car?

Thanks
Dave
It's on the setup sheet, you'll see the droop blocks with a number of where to be, it's in the second section from the top where it shows what RC shims to use.
I believe it's 6 up front and 5 in the rear on the blocks, it would be different if you measure above ride height ( I think )
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

are you referring to page 31 in the manual? I'd so isn't that just a blank setup sheet? Shows both on 5 for display proposes. Maybe I'm missing something?
I've downloaded the manual off of X rays site and the first few pages are just text.
I did find where it shows the distance between the bottom of the arm and he top of the gdroop screw. 2.2 millimeters in front and 2 millimeters in back.
Do you guys really measure that way?
Thanks
Dave
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

are you referring to page 31 in the manual? I'd so isn't that just a blank setup sheet? Shows both on 5 for display proposes. Maybe I'm missing something?
I've downloaded the manual off of X rays site and the first few pages are just text.
I did find where it shows the distance between the bottom of the arm and he top of the gdroop screw. 2.2 millimeters in front and 2 millimeters in back.
Thanks
Dave
The kit asphalt setup, it comes as a separate piece of paper. 6 front 5 rear done on droop blocks, i think most people measure droop with them. Some measure over rideheight.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks
Dave
Go to xray homepage. Press t4 and then download. There is a setup sheet both for asphalt and carpet.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default bump steer

can anyone help explain what effect bump steer shims have.
running asphalt with kit setup except 2mm bump shims.
what would 4mm shim do.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.chubbiescarshack.co.uk/
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod1933
what would 4mm shim do.
+1, what is bump steer exactly?
My guess is when hitting a bump the front wheel tend to go to the right or left and the driver has to correct it or hit a wall. I can be totally wrong, I'm just assuming from what it's called
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotrod1933
what would 4mm shim do.
Bump-steer is generally undesirable as it makes the car unstable over bumps. However by adding bump-steer we also get roll-steer, which can be desirable as it increases steering through the corner. The harder you drive the car, the more steering you get. On the T4 adding spacers between the steering link and the hub increases roll-steer (or bump-steer if you prefer). This gives more steering, especially mid-corner where maximum roll is achieved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.