Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
If you already have the TC top deck, just cut it. It gets you pretty close the flex of the original top deck. Cut it lengthwise where the belt tensioner normally mounts. I don't run the belt tensioner on the TC... I haven't seen many who do.
See cut top and rear deck photos at link below (supplied by Phil Chambers).

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post6195165

Cheers
Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried swapping the belts over on the Cyclone TC from one side to the other. It looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL
Has anyone tried swapping the belts over on the Cyclone TC from one side to the other. It looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Yes Phil C along with a few other of the guys in the Uk team have done it. They swap over fine u dont have to mod anything. I'm yet to try it.

Jonny
Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonny123
Yes Phil C along with a few other of the guys in the Uk team have done it. They swap over fine u dont have to mod anything. I'm yet to try it.

Jonny
Jonny, looking at the big cutouts under the diff it looks easy enough, however I've got the old cyclone chassis so it's either some dremelling or buying the TC main chassis to get it all to work.

Thanks mate.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

JL, yes there would be quite abit of dremelling on the moorespeed/standard chassis. The Tc chassis is 2.5mm compared with the standard 2mm on the previous cars. I prefer the feel of the car both indoors and outdoors with the 2.5mm chassis. So maybe getting the TC chassis is the way to go.

Jonny
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Are there any other steering knuckles that can be modded to fit? I am just getting into carpet racing after 11 years of off-road, I have been borrowing a cyclone from Kendall Bennett, owner of amainhobbies. I have not driven any other cars, but I have tweaked the cyclone to a point where I really like it and would like to stay with the cyclone, I just want to make her more durable. I broke nothing on the first outing, but yesterday I broke 3 knuckles, a c-hub, and a cv bone. I am going to buy more knuckles when they come back in stock and build up a web of shoo-goo in the area that they always break, is anyone else doing this? Any other ideas? Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonny123
The Tc chassis is 2.5mm compared with the standard 2mm on the previous cars.

I have been running the Cyclone's since they came out and I don't remember any of them having a 2mm chassis.

And I just measured a few older chassis I have and they all measure 2.5mm.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The older style of chassis plates were still 2.5mm. They have smaller cell slot, and diff cut outs. They also have a slightly different material of carbon fiber as well.

The TC chassis plate is a little softer up front, but stiffer through the middle and rear of the chassis. The older style chassis plates are stiffer up front, but a little softer in the middle and rear.

Lately I've been running an older style chassis (fits my weight plate better ), but they require a different top deck setup. I run the TC topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is, or the older style upper deck. With the TC chassis, I run the TC top deck uncut. Each of those combos are similar in feel. I usually always run an FRP mid plate that is uncut. I find the car works in a wider range of conditions this way.

-Korey
Old 11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody have feedback on the Murdiego and how it compares to all the other popular TC bodies?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

is it just me or is the cyclone sagging or leaning on one side?

my front body posts are equal length and when my body is on...my body looks crooked and it is

is there a way to fix this?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys just thought i'd update on our australian nationals held yesterday. it was a cyclone 1 and 2 in stock 17.5. I took tq but my other mate got me in the third final to give him the win and me second. The difference was he was running no tyre additive. My bad. But we were the fastest on the track all weekend with matching best laps of 18.9. No one else got into the 18 second bracket!! Oh also he has the tc and i have the original black so goes to show both are very fast just require different settings!!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
anybody have feedback on the Murdiego and how it compares to all the other popular TC bodies?
will try to have my body ready by saturday to try it out at the club race. if not, ill have it by dec 5.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The older style of chassis plates were still 2.5mm. They have smaller cell slot, and diff cut outs. They also have a slightly different material of carbon fiber as well.

The TC chassis plate is a little softer up front, but stiffer through the middle and rear of the chassis. The older style chassis plates are stiffer up front, but a little softer in the middle and rear.

Lately I've been running an older style chassis (fits my weight plate better ), but they require a different top deck setup. I run the TC topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is, or the older style upper deck. With the TC chassis, I run the TC top deck uncut. Each of those combos are similar in feel. I usually always run an FRP mid plate that is uncut. I find the car works in a wider range of conditions this way.

-Korey
Haha ok, ive never actually measured on of the older chassis plates because ive always just assumed they were 2mm but oh well. I prefer the feel of the TC chassis anyway.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

@jr007 Here is a foam asphault setup that worked very well, 13.5 med traction track .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cyclone_Steve_setup.pdf (396.8 KB, 250 views)
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BIG RE
Are there any other steering knuckles that can be modded to fit? I am just getting into carpet racing after 11 years of off-road, I have been borrowing a cyclone from Kendall Bennett, owner of amainhobbies. I have not driven any other cars, but I have tweaked the cyclone to a point where I really like it and would like to stay with the cyclone, I just want to make her more durable. I broke nothing on the first outing, but yesterday I broke 3 knuckles, a c-hub, and a cv bone. I am going to buy more knuckles when they come back in stock and build up a web of shoo-goo in the area that they always break, is anyone else doing this? Any other ideas? Thanks
try Xray T2 knuckles with a .025" shim to fit in the C hub
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=XRA302252

or get a Parma T2 bumper
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=PAR8053

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.