Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

What do you guys reckon i would get my Surikarn edition for? im thinking of selling it so i can pay for a new engine and some other bits n pieces
Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mild seven
What do you guys reckon i would get my Surikarn edition for? im thinking of selling it so i can pay for a new engine and some other bits n pieces
you'd probably get a lot for it, its so insanely rare.

But HB did say this new kit would be affordable since they cheaped out on so many parts. Do you think anyone bought one?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I was hoping to see the new cyclone priced well below $349 USD. Honestly come on, $429?
I'm think can't , because this price near wholesale price no profit !!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mild seven
For us down here thats a pretty good price, it will probably retail for around $600AU here. But i would think it will come down in price in the next month or so. especially if a Andy Moore version or sumfin edition comes out shortly.
I doubt another Andy Moore edition of this car will come out, seeing as there has already been one. This is still the cyclone, just a new version, just like the moorespeed or the hara/surikarn.

Im pretty sure HB wouldnt release the Hara ed, then then the moorepseed, then the TC, and then the TC Moorespeed!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

id expect a better version to be called the "Cyclone TC Pro Edition" or something then, since all the big name drivers that have used it already have had their own edition.

or they can use a play on words and call it the "Cyclone TC More Moorespeed Edition"

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
id expect a better version to be called the "Cyclone TC Pro Edition" or something then, since all the big name drivers that have used it already have had their own edition.

or they can use a play on words and call it the "Cyclone TC More Moorespeed Edition"

if this weekend pre-world win , maybe have this car kit release in next month !
Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
All?

You have the new diff and thats it? Or did you buy all the new stuff?

Any pics of your broken car?
shows what you know......you really never paid attention to my car then.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Its much better to just keep our current Cyclones and just buy the upgrade parts. Its much cheaper to get all the new TC parts/upgrapdes for around $230, than to pay $428 for a TC kit that's got a better diff. The new pro-diff is the best part in that kit, and the only real thing worth getting probably.

HB Cyclones are known for giving us value. For $460, we'd get a great WCE car with all the parts needed ready to race and all Ti-NI parts, etc,...all the bling. Now they're trying to charge the same for a much cheaper version?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Its much better to just keep our current Cyclones and just buy the upgrade parts. Its much cheaper to get all the new TC parts/upgrapdes for around $230, than to pay $428 for a TC kit that's got a better diff. The new pro-diff is the best part in that kit, and the only real thing worth getting probably.
I agree 100% ........ I got my Cyclone (the black one) used for $180 and I can upgrade it as far as I want. I don't think you can do that with the other cars!!!! The new pro spec diff is a big big improvement, that with titanium ball studs and you have a great car. I am very happy with my Cyclone, I had the pro4 for many years and many of the parts are on my Cyclone now, try doing that with a Xray
Old 04-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
shows what you know......you really never paid attention to my car then.
I haven't raced since the first swr race when it was your first few time out LOL how should I have seen the new parts from my house?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim

HB Cyclones are known for giving us value. For $460, we'd get a great WCE car with all the parts needed ready to race and all Ti-NI parts, etc,...all the bling. Now they're trying to charge the same for a much cheaper version?
I completely agree. The WCE is still the sickest thing they have and for the same price as the new TC, stick with the moorespeed. Hopefully we will see a drop in price on the moorespeed making it even more worthwhile!

So sad because HB said this new kit would be more affordable and its the same price as there highest end previous kit
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
I completely agree. The WCE is still the sickest thing they have and for the same price as the new TC, stick with the moorespeed. Hopefully we will see a drop in price on the moorespeed making it even more worthwhile!

So sad because HB said this new kit would be more affordable and its the same price as there highest end previous kit
True...no reason whatsover to buy a the new TC kit at all.

All you really need from the TC version that will actually improve on teh cars performance is:

1) Pro-Spec Diff-$75 with aluminum outdrives(the delrin will work OK-$50)

2) New Sway bar system- no improved performance, but will make it easier to adjust-$15

3) Rear FiberGlass brace-$15

4) Maybe the new suspension arms- MAYBE...dont know if they are actually a change in suspension geometry which improves over the previous Cyclone version. If its not...you dont need it.

So for those who have the WCE and race outdoor asphalt, with about $130 you get the diff and the other parts mentioned and its all you need which will actually make a difference in performance.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is with that fibreglass brace? I reckon it looks terrible on the car
Old 04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The FRP brace is a tuning option.The heatsink/alloy brace is stiff.The Graphite is more flexible and the frp is even more flexible. Have seen on most of the Factory guys cars recently they are using the graphite or FRP plate now.I switched back to graphite a while back and it made the car way more predictable.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the frp plate just looks like flat black.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.