Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Nice!!! Well up here at least
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Evo or PJ, what's the race schedule over in Cocoa Beach, the site doesn't reflect when the next race date will be.
Car's all but ready with the exception of the ruling on the x-drive esc's. Went ahead and installed the ESC and did some laps last night at the oval track, Pro Hobbies, to shake it down.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I don't know why you say they are annoying. They were only from the biggest race of the year, and are of the class we are all here to discuss. And he was just letting someone know where to join in the discussion. Just so happens that that person is the one who won the carpet nats in our class. So I think it's a good thing he pointed him in the right direction.
And we saw them... twice.

Not everyone looks at the site on the latest and greatest PC or has the fastest internet connection.... The gigantic photobomb posts pretty much kill my work computer - so yes, annoying. Trying to view the site on my phone... also brutal with lots of photos. There's a reason that forums dedicated to pictures and photos have traditionally been kept separate. Your mileage may vary. I feel the same way about the 'do you know how to post videos to Facebook?' commercial, once was enough. Maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man?

At the end of the day these are (still/just) toy cars. And on a grand scale my "annoying" is like finding the vending machine out of Coke... a momentary thing that you move right past.

Take my original post the same way I took all the "the thread is broken..." and "I haven't been here because the thread..." posts that people made instead of just hitting refresh and moving on.

Back to something topical....
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
And we saw them... twice.

Not everyone looks at the site on the latest and greatest PC or has the fastest internet connection.... The gigantic photobomb posts pretty much kill my work computer - so yes, annoying. Trying to view the site on my phone... also brutal with lots of photos. There's a reason that forums dedicated to pictures and photos have traditionally been kept separate. Your mileage may vary. I feel the same way about the 'do you know how to post videos to Facebook?' commercial, once was enough. Maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man?

At the end of the day these are (still/just) toy cars. And on a grand scale my "annoying" is like finding the vending machine out of Coke... a momentary thing that you move right past.

Take my original post the same way I took all the "the thread is broken..." and "I haven't been here because the thread..." posts that people made instead of just hitting refresh and moving on.

Back to something topical....
I guess I didn't think it was annoying because I have had no issues viewing them on my IPad, iPhone or my laptop. They load right up. I guess if you do have issues with pics on whatever your viewing them on it might be a pain. As for the thread is broken post, those were annoying.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geno-Machino
Evo or PJ, what's the race schedule over in Cocoa Beach, the site doesn't reflect when the next race date will be.
Car's all but ready with the exception of the ruling on the x-drive esc's. Went ahead and installed the ESC and did some laps last night at the oval track, Pro Hobbies, to shake it down.
We were actually in Melbourne but the club is now dead. Keep your eyes open for something new that might be a bit closer to you.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I know of 2 possible endevors but are very early in the proposal stages.

Originally Posted by Evoracer
We were actually in Melbourne but the club is now dead. Keep your eyes open for something new that might be a bit closer to you.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I guess I didn't think it was annoying because I have had no issues viewing them on my IPad, iPhone or my laptop. They load right up. I guess if you do have issues with pics on whatever your viewing them on it might be a pain. As for the thread is broken post, those were annoying.
I think it was annoying not because load speeds were slow (not so much for me - I'm on a gigabit connection, yes to the Internet) but because the pics were very large compared to the site (no resize function) . . .

didn't bother me too much, but I can see how it would be annoying.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

************** VTA RACE SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT *****************
Mike's Hobby Shop is hosting a series of 6 monthly indoor carpet races starting on April 29. Points will be awarded based on finishing order, attendance, and TQ of the day.

Read more about it by going here -->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html

This will be a great series race for all VTA drivers.

Last edited by wwddww34; 03-28-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

VTA racing this Sunday April 1st at the Hobbytown in Melbourne.

Dave
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
************** VTA RACE SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT *****************
Mike's Hobby Shop is hosting a series of 6 monthly indoor carpet races starting on April 29. Points will be awarded based on finishing order, attendance, and TQ of the day.

Read more about it by going here -->http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...obby-shop.html

This will be a great series race for all VTA drivers.
are you guys going to go FULL US VTA?...also how many VTA cars where at the ROAR race?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
are you guys going to go FULL US VTA?...also how many VTA cars where at the ROAR race?
There were a total of 17 VTA cars at the ROAR Carpet Nationals. Six of them were local racers.

In order to continue attracting new VTA drivers we are staying with the Mike's Hobby Shop VTA club rules. Although 95% of the VTA drivers at our track have USVTA legal cars. We are trying to convince the remaining 5% to go full USVTA.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks, I know of 2 possible endevors but are very early in the proposal stages.
Geno looking at running some on road?????
Old 03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
If you are riding to Texas Im hitchin a ride with you.

And for you guys arguing about the pics being posted twice. I can see them fine with no problems in load time and I appreciate him posting them. Its from a very significant event to VTA. It is what it is.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

YYYEEEEUUUPPPP!!!
After running the Legend on-road at the 'Birds and checking lap times I think I can find the 2 or 3 seconds needed to get competitve with at least the middle of the pack. I might be an oval guy but certainly no stranger to left AND RIGHT! I've always liked the USVTA rules package and of course the body specs. Remember these cars running years ago, built a '68 Camaro for oval at New Smyrna but Yenko bought the motor I wanted before I could get the money. A real nice 327 but he scattered it in front of Ongias in the Daytona infield. Saved me a BUNCH of money!
Looking forward to giving VTA a try, besides I've got to be downstairs early Sunday morning for all main interveiws anyway so why not join the fun. I'll still do SK and Outlaw Truck but this is a fun challenge.

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Geno looking at running some on road?????
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Boomer
but because the pics were very large compared to the site (no resize function) . . .

Thats the problem I have, and as soon as the page gets a read some one makes a mess again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.