Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Stock Set up

MS2.2 stock set up as follows:

Jaco pink/double pink tires 1.66/1.76in dia
Monster stock, 767 w/ vertical slot, green/red spring
Geared 28/96
Batteries; GP 3300's
Damper tubes; Trinity purple stuff, no side springs.
t-bar; 0.075 all 3 spacers
Shock; 25wt, green spring
Front springs; 0.022
Camber; 1 & 1.5
Toe out; 1 degree out both sides
R/H; 3.5mm - f & r
Traction; TQ Mod - full rear, 1/3 front
Body; Protoform Speed 12
Battery location; all the way back
Roll center; top hole
Caster; 5 degrees (shims: 1 front, 1 back)
Servo saver; middle holes

Comments: absolutely fast in the corners. Blip off inches from the appex and rip it right around!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Re: Stock Set up

Originally posted by Slapmaster6000
MS2.2 stock set up as follows:

Jaco pink/double pink tires 1.66/1.76in dia
Monster stock, 767 w/ vertical slot, green/red spring
Geared 28/96
Batteries; GP 3300's
Damper tubes; Trinity purple stuff, no side springs.
t-bar; 0.075 all 3 spacers
Shock; 25wt, green spring
Front springs; 0.022
Camber; 1 & 1.5
Toe out; 1 degree out both sides
R/H; 3.5mm - f & r
Traction; TQ Mod - full rear, 1/3 front
Body; Protoform Speed 12
Battery location; all the way back
Roll center; top hole
Caster; 5 degrees (shims: 1 front, 1 back)
Servo saver; middle holes

Comments: absolutely fast in the corners. Blip off inches from the appex and rip it right around!

I Can't wait Franko
Old 01-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Franko

did you want the standard chassis or the EE version? you know.... the "extra edition"?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Default Re: Franko

Originally posted by Slapmaster6000
did you want the standard chassis or the EE version? you know.... the "extra edition"?
The ee version would be better ways to go wouldn't you think?
Oh never mind I'll take the EE version to go Thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With Brian's TQ and A-main win batts and motor in my car, that definitely turned my weekend around. I just can't believe I dumped in the last 40 seconds in 3 straight qualifying heats and A1!!! Unbelievable!

I was really doubting my skills there for a moment, but with the appropriate equipments, I now know I have the car to compete. Thanks Brian!

Note on the durability of the chassis. Andrew Cartwright ran mod in his MS2.2, in one of his main, he hit a sweeper, launched his car SO HARD straight into the wall and believe it or not, he broke the steering knuckle where the ball studs mount, but not any part of the chassis at all!

Dom
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

EE Version ? what is the different?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default The MS2.2EE version

I am laying up some special order chassis that have a few "extra layers" in the front end only so that the chassis will be a bit more robust... just like the driver! There is no way to put it nicely, but there are times when we are not as clean a driver as we would hoped. The reality is there are better drivers and there are drivers getting better. If you truely know where your skills lie, I can build you a car around that. The EE version is only about 0.15 of an ounce heavier then a stock chassis; other words 5% heavier.

Franko has driven sedans for years and I have barely seen him take any laps in 12th scale. So with some learning to do in these little rockets, there will be some bumping too. I just make some suggestions, you get to make the order.

Thrust bearings should be back in stock Thur or Fri. I will be filling b/o's first, but there should be plenty to go around for at least a week or two!

Brian; [email protected]
Old 01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Brian,

What is your setup for mod? I plan on getting your chassis in the next week or so.

Rex
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mod Set up

Rex, you are going to have to place that order soon as I will be slowing production down to get ready for the Snowbirds Race. I am a one man shop and really want to make sure that the guys travelling to the race are going to be covered. With that in mind, I may only produce one or two more conversion kits past my current list. Here's my mod set up that I used this last weekend at Rain City to win the 3rd leg of the NW Series Race:

tires; Parma purple fr, pink rr, 1.70, 1.82
geared; 24/100
motor; Orion 10x1 timed just shy of 3rd mark, sprint brush, light spring
t-bar; 0.075, 3 spacers
damper tubes; Hyp; Trinity purple stuff, 2 x 0.020 springs
shock; 25wt, green spring
bat location; one back, one forward
servo saver; middle holes
roll center; middle hole
caster; 50/50 (5 degrees)
camber; 1, 1.5
toe; 1/4inch or 1 degree out both sides
fr springs; 0.020
r/h; 3.5mm fr & rr
body; Protoform Speed 12
bat's; GP 3300's
Traction; TQ Mod, 1/3 fr, full rear

Comments; track widths were corrected to run Parma tires, I was very impressed with these tires and would highly recommend them. Wear was the lowest I have seen and the most durable wheels and foams to date. These will sell well and are my new favorites! Possitive grip off of the line and did not change through out the run. Fast car. I could power right into the corners and power right out. I could attack the course with this set up. Most enjoyable to drive.

Brian, [email protected]
Old 01-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thrust Kits are back!

Finally, after a week long drout, I have 12th scale thrust bearing kits back in stock! Get 'em while they're hot.

Brian; [email protected]
Old 01-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Stickers & Shirts

Hey Brian, how's the shirt and stickers coming along?

To top off a semi-disappointing last weekend, I came home completely slammed with a flu! Worked on Mon & Tues and been home sick since! Actually went to Urgent Care on Thursday, so that's probably why you didn't see me reply your emails from my work email.

On the other hand, I did experiment with some stock motor "tricks" to help my dumping! Looks great on the dyno, but we'll see when it comes to real testing on the track.

Dom
Old 01-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,

I ran mod again today, I had to settle with running my 13x2 though, I don't really want to run my 9 wind at club races, it's a little overkill but my 11 wind is toast so my 13 is next best, but I can run with the hammer down for the full race which is nice.

I tried a lot of tire combinations today, started with pinks and dbl pink, same as usual, I cannot get into the turn fast enough - fastest lap 11.1 I think.

Then I tried whites and magentas. They started off a little twitchy but I had a good lap early about 10.84. Fastest was 10.7 but they were running 8 winds. Only problem was it got uncontrolably twitchy in the last 2 minutes, I didn't mess with my set up much but I did go down to about 1/4 traction compuond on the front.

I tried whites and blacks in the practrice time before the finals, a bit better that the magenta's but I just didn't like the grip profile. It was weird coming out of the corners.

so I went really old school for the final - whites and purple but I sauced the front about 7/8ths. I still felt I had to slow dow too much to get into the slow corners but I really liked the grip profile, it came out of the corner really well, I could punch it goo and back end didn't snap out or slide. I won the A final too so that was great, car was easiest to drive and very predictable.

I do have a question for you all though. I was running Jaco fronts - some old grey rim fronts though, the white rimmed ones just kill me. I wondered if any of you have been able to compare the Jaco purple fronts with the Parma Purple fronts, obviously the parma wheels are by far superior, I was just wondering if anyone thought they may be getting a little extra turn in with the parma as compared to the Jaco's.

Thanks for your time.

Chris.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
As far as I know, there is no complete kit available. The key thing to this car is the Hyperdrive rear top plate and its dampening tubes. Which those parts can be found from www.hyperdriveracing.com. Everything else comes from Associated.

Why the Hyperdrive tubes and not CRC? Beacuse per instructions, you'll have to use AE 1/12th front springs as tube springs and the metal CRC tubes won't allow you to put springs on there. According to Hyperdrive, they are simply Bolink tubes.

Here's a picture of the tube..the gunk in the spring is carpet fuss.

Dom
Does anyone here know the part no. of the Hyperdrive rear top plate and its dampening tubes (as quoted above) and where can I get them from an online store which can ship international. I could just find the rear top plate though I am not sure whether it is the right one from rc4less.com.

Regards,
Kenny
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kennykay
Does anyone here know the part no. of the Hyperdrive rear top plate and its dampening tubes (as quoted above) and where can I get them from an online store which can ship international. I could just find the rear top plate though I am not sure whether it is the right one from rc4less.com.

Regards,
Kenny
Part numbers are located under "Power Pods"
http://www.hyperdriveracing.com/12scale/hk1000.cfm

Dom
Old 01-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Hey All,

Dom-sorry to hear that you got so sick. I was up at the shop Sat night and everyone but me got sick. We should blame Peter. What can you do? I hope that everyone is feeling better by now. I hate dynos, they make too much noise. My dyno is the track and a watch! You have to take a known great motor off of the track, log it's stats from a dyno to compare future set ups to. Otherwise you are just guessing that it should be good. How many times have you heard: "it looked good on the dyno, but it was junk on the track"? But that's me.... I'm old school.

Kenny- part numbers are Hyperdrive: HK-0003(palte), HK-0007(tubes), HK-0008(ball studs), and HK-0009(nuts). The CRC tubes will work if you trim down the ball cups, but I believe that you will only get to use one spring. The old Hyp tubes that I used had only one spring, so I don't think that this is a super critical situation. End result is still the same.

Chris- I am still baffled that you are struggling with tire sellection. You might see if you can find a buddy at the track with Hyperdrive or CRC damper tubes that are built up with Trinity Purple stuff and compare them to the ones that you are using. Differences in the tubes are going to have an effect on the car. I also recall that you said that TQ Orange was the house sauce. I never personally felt that it was a good 8 minute traction. See if you can persuade that club to use TQ Mod for the 12th scales. If you are not doing this already, wipe the tires down with motor spray and a rag after the run and before re-appling traction. I have not taken the time to A-B Parma purple front vs Jaco purple fronts. I know some that gave the Jaco grey wheel a bad rap, but I liked them... they didn't break! Congrats on the win! Sometimes it's not always the guy who can peel the fast laps that ends up in the winner circle.

Shirts/stickers: my guy that is helping me with promo product is burried right now with work and biz travel. As much as I would like to lean on him, he's a buddy of mine and he's doing this as a fun project for me. I am going to hold my breath that he can come through before 'birds. He's also building my website!

Brian; [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.