Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deweyharding
Looking to get into 12th scale cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230687073725...84.m1429.l2649

Pros and cons?????
getting a brushless motor in it is near impossible and doesn't balance the pod out right making it pull hard one way. other then that good car had one myself. don't pay more then $40 for it. seen newer used BL cars go for $50 to $75
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

I want this car!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgrick
There is one of the bulk heads on ebay right now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-CRC-Alu...item589002ec3f
I bought two out of the three...the guy also has the other discontinued left bulk hear without the front support going up.

At the IIC, Frank C said he had several inquiries regarding the first left bulk head; and, was bringing it back soon as an optional part. In a big shunt, the little mini left bulkhead can fracture the CF bottom plate of the rear pod on WGT LE or mod XL cars. Done it once myself.

Bill
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jubilee
There's gonna be less space between the lipo and servo. Have you guys played around with various speed controls to see which will fit with a standard 1S inline? I'm thinking Tekin RS in particular...
If you choose to mount a full size 1s lipo inline, electronics will have to be placed around it. It will be a snug fit but it can be done.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by acyrier
I hope that's right, and the picture now on their (CRC's) site is wrong. They are still showing the small plastic left bulkhead. And if that is what they are going to do, the LEAST they could do is use the upgrade 4mm top plate instead of the std 2.5mm (I think) top plate since that IS a weak point in the car (only in accidents).

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=146
The boxed in rear pod will be an option. There is nothing wrong with the plastic small left pod plate. That is what I use on my cars. However there is a surprise in the box for the first run of cars. I cannot say what it is, but I do know what it is since I am the one that put it in there.

Bag 3
Packed by BW

Thanks for the continued support. This car is awesome with the battery in the normal spot. When the shorty pack is available, it will be off the hook! We have lots of cool things coming in the not to distant future, so stay tuned!!!!

dumper
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrHistory
sorry for all the ?s

will the TQ Cells booster work with the Shorty battery?

I will be running 17.5 blinky with KO receiver and Tekin RS ESC...

Any other Suggestions?

thanks
Everything will work the same. The shorty battery is full of all the same awesomeness as the #3701 Rocket Fuel pack, just in a smaller package. The car is so dialed with the shorty pack!!

dumper
Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yumlailai
I want this car!!!!!!!!
And you can have it.....very soon.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
And you can have it.....very soon.
What about the conversion kit? Is it already out? Does it come with a surprise too?
Old 10-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

There is nothing wrong with the plastic small left pod plate. That is what I use on my cars. However there is a surprise in the box for the first run of cars. I cannot say what it is, but I do know what it is since I am the one that put it in there.

dumper
i like surprise!!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

The boxed in rear pod will be an option. There is nothing wrong with the plastic small left pod plate. That is what I use on my cars. However there is a surprise in the box for the first run of cars. I cannot say what it is, but I do know what it is since I am the one that put it in there.

Bag 3
Packed by BW

Thanks for the continued support. This car is awesome with the battery in the normal spot. When the shorty pack is available, it will be off the hook! We have lots of cool things coming in the not to distant future, so stay tuned!!!!

dumper

hahaha, dumper said off the hook. what's next, a flat brim?
Old 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sweeet! Can't wait to get mine!

-Korey
Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you choose to mount a full size 1s lipo inline, electronics will have to be placed around it. It will be a snug fit but it can be done.
today our shop owner made his own using is GenXL and some spare parts. a piece of carbon and a little measuring.

It does fit but there is 0 room for moving the battery forward or rearward with the old chassis and a Futaba 9602 servo. But the RS fits nicely alongside the battery and a receiver on the other.

Looks Pretty cool. had i thought about it I would have taken a pic with my iphone
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

New car looks great cant wait till it comes out. Saw the full kit and the conversion kit on the CRC site. About how much will the parts needed to get the conversion kit to where you can mount the shorty pack inline cost...the stand offs, top brace....
Old 10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The new car is super dialed any way you run it. Got some serious time on car now really liking this car over previous car. Super nimble, fast, and consistent. Looking forward to running the Halloween Classic next weekend.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenny L
The new car is super dialed any way you run it. Got some serious time on car now really liking this car over previous car. Super nimble, fast, and consistent. Looking forward to running the Halloween Classic next weekend.
Sounds pretty cool are they developing another class for it

New weight?
Motor .5 class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.