Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TFR
Nexus Racing,

Do you know the pricing for the new Andy Moore Muchmore cell master?
We only have a rough idea, but you can expect the price of the limited editions to be slightly higher than the original CM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hello nexus racing, i want to ask i will go lipo dont you think that 1amp charging in cell master is low? is there any way to do upgrade the firmware something to higher the amp charge??
Old 10-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
hello nexus racing, i want to ask i will go lipo dont you think that 1amp charging in cell master is low? is there any way to do upgrade the firmware something to higher the amp charge??
The 1A charge rate is too low for charging Orion-type Li-Po packs. It is unlikely that there would be any way for the user to upgrade the firmware in the future.

It is no secret that MuchMore has a Li-po specific charger under development that will certianly be more practical for charging Li-pos, but the release date has not been set yet.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
The 1A charge rate is too low for charging Orion-type Li-Po packs. It is unlikely that there would be any way for the user to upgrade the firmware in the future.

It is no secret that MuchMore has a Li-po specific charger under development that will certianly be more practical for charging Li-pos, but the release date has not been set yet.
ohh.. is that charger specifically designed only for lipo's?? is it also capable in nicd's and nimh's??
Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Wonder why they would only do a 1 amp charge.. stupid
Old 10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I want to know if I can purchase the LCD display unit for my CTX. I took one out of another one I had and swapped it with the one that didn't work and presto! it works again. So I would like to just get the part myself instead of having to pay shipping and labor since this is an easy fix I can take care of myself. Thanks
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Fervidsea; 10-27-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: In Haste
Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i have to agree, i have a love/hate with MMR also. I've had to have one of my cell master's fixed and James took quite a bit of time to get it back to me with little to no email responses.

i did have a distribution block that went bad and that was fixed in less than 2 weeks, but the CTX-C took well over a month.

i have been having a problem with my CTX-C's temp cutting on me quite a bit, and i went and bought ANOTHER GFX, as I still think it's probably the best charger out there.

I like the MMR innovative equipment, not to mention their compact size which is why i continue to purchase their products.

another big reason i still support MMR is that Nexus Racing provides TREMENDOUS support to their customers regarding their whole product line. if something went really wrong, like i wasn't getting satisfactory support from MMR, Nexus Racing will definitely step in to get things moving again. (thanks Arun and Kumpol!! )

luckily the last time i sent in my CTX-C, i wasn't in a big hurry to get it back, so i didn't feel too upset about the wait.

that being said, i'm still going to buy the Reinhard CTX-C cause it's just too perty!!

As far as the CTX-D upgrade, i think you are asking for far too much. It sounds like you expected to get a brand new V2 unit! But for it to come back in parts, that would have put me over the edge too. i'd probably give up on them too if that happened to me

just another rant i suppose!!

vic
Old 10-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fervidsea

The product might be great, but when there is no support, it might as well be crap.
this reminds me of a 1/12 car that had the word flex in it..
Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default MuchMore Racing service issue and etc

Hi guys,

i apologize to everyone who had delays on service, sometimes the parts that needs to be replace needs to be ordered from the factory which i do not have control over.

One other thing is that our office is in canada,so it takes more time in transit.

I will be making more effort to provide better customer service, i know it hasn't been all that great but i want you guys to know things will get better and it won't take long, i promise.

regarding CTXD upgrade,

CTXD upgrade needs go through major electrical change in schematics and many additional parts.

i need to remove 12 microresistor from the board and solder in about 30 wire in to specific point on the board.
install 6 resitor, install heatsink, hotwire one of the contact point.
plus the recalibration of each cell, this process i need second person unless i have one more arm and hand .
this whole process takes about 2 hours after i got used to it.

for all this we charge $25 dollars, some of them are parts fee.

we decide to do the upgrade on the CTXD not because we want make that 25 dollar but there are people who really wants to do the upgrade.

also if you think about, CTXD retailed about 190 dollars, CTXD2 is 220 dollars, there is 30 dollar price gap. CTXD does not have each post to the cell like CTXD2 does but other then that they are almost indentical in electric schematic, just it take a lot of labor to make it that way. I hope people who spent money on the upgrade doesn't feel bad about it because it isn't a job that take 5 minutes to do it.

thanks for your time to read this and have good night guys~

James Kim

I will leave my cell phone number in case someone have hard time to reach me on email

604-329-3336
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

James,

I've had nothing but excellent service from Much More!!! I thank you , Kumpol, and Arun for standing behind their products.

I sent my CTX-D back a few months ago... sure I waited for almost 6 weeks but, I understand the many factors of why it took that long (customs in Canada)

Keep up the good work,

John
Old 10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for your understanding john

6 weeks was little too much, i will try to improve it.

thanks

Originally Posted by Runin Ronin
James,

I've had nothing but excellent service from Much More!!! I thank you , Kumpol, and Arun for standing behind their products.

I sent my CTX-D back a few months ago... sure I waited for almost 6 weeks but, I understand the many factors of why it took that long (customs in Canada)

Keep up the good work,

John
Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamMuchMore
Hi guys,

i apologize to everyone who had delays on service, sometimes the parts that needs to be replace needs to be ordered from the factory which i do not have control over.

One other thing is that our office is in canada,so it takes more time in transit.

I will be making more effort to provide better customer service, i know it hasn't been all that great but i want you guys to know things will get better and it won't take long, i promise.

regarding CTXD upgrade,

CTXD upgrade needs go through major electrical change in schematics and many additional parts.

i need to remove 12 microresistor from the board and solder in about 30 wire in to specific point on the board.
install 6 resitor, install heatsink, hotwire one of the contact point.
plus the recalibration of each cell, this process i need second person unless i have one more arm and hand .
this whole process takes about 2 hours after i got used to it.

for all this we charge $25 dollars, some of them are parts fee.

we decide to do the upgrade on the CTXD not because we want make that 25 dollar but there are people who really wants to do the upgrade.

also if you think about, CTXD retailed about 190 dollars, CTXD2 is 220 dollars, there is 30 dollar price gap. CTXD does not have each post to the cell like CTXD2 does but other then that they are almost indentical in electric schematic, just it take a lot of labor to make it that way. I hope people who spent money on the upgrade doesn't feel bad about it because it isn't a job that take 5 minutes to do it.

thanks for your time to read this and have good night guys~

James Kim

I will leave my cell phone number in case someone have hard time to reach me on email

604-329-3336
my CTX-D upgrade took 1 week which was great and if i knew i would of paid more for the complete upgrade but its all good i bassically use everything MUCHMORE people always ask me are you ponsored by them cause i advertise youre products at the track but off course i am not but i love there stuff and i keep using it keep up the good job .
Old 10-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

Probably I'll get a CTX-CM, but I need to know what kind of power supply I should use. It needs to have high voltage or high amps ? Or mimimun voltage and mimimum amps it should has...

tks
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

hello team much more.. what is the main differences between the ver1 and ver2???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.