Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by seventy7
hmm... u mean asking you about your results will your car is a personal attack to you ?? i am just curious to find out performance of this 2 cars compare to the other models u are racing with.....

secondly, i am a clone since that was my 1st post ?? From the way you reply my post, i found that u have been too sensitive... is it because u have a unpleasent relation in the RC hobby at your country ?

pls make friends... this is just a hobby
Sorry if I offended you, but I have received flak before and if you're genuinely asking then I apologize.

I'm always out to make friends

Hope to see you posting more often in future (after all, you are comparing models now right? )
Old 07-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi all I am trying to decide what car to buy my boys and myself. I am looking at tamiya b/c of the great bodies. Which is a better investment the TB02 or TA04R for my boys and a TRF 415 for myself. All comments welcomed
Old 07-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TMHippo
Hi all I am trying to decide what car to buy my boys and myself. I am looking at tamiya b/c of the great bodies. Which is a better investment the TB02 or TA04R for my boys and a TRF 415 for myself. All comments welcomed
I'd say go with a TA04-TRF if u can find one or a TA04 R-tuned for ur son ...

....for me anyway i think that the 04 has better tunability compared to a tb02.....so it will give ur son alot of thngs to mess around with....
plus if u get TRF TA04 R u will have most of the hop up u need as the TB02 u will end up spending up plenty if u decide to hop it up ....
also tamiya cars are tough an durable ...!!
The TRF 415 is one nice looking car ........ an just as quick as any other top T/C ...
just my
2 cents ...... hope this helps .....
where are all the tamiya guys ??? heheheh lol
Old 07-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default TA04R

I would have to agree with FlyinGT. I have a TA04R and it came with a lot of hop ups that you would want on the car. One thing that I would like to say is that if your boys are novices, the TA04 is a very durable car. I run in Sportsman stock and have been running the car for the pass 6 month without breaking any parts. The car has survived spectacular crashes do to my lack of driving skill. It is also still very competitive with all the other TC’s that are out there currently.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

So how was the performance of your TC3?. Did it turn out great??.. In my FT TC3 I don't have any regrets.. Its still the fast/best kit that I have..
Old 07-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Ta04r... Woohoo!!!!!

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Just got back from RCO and I got my NEW TA04R HKS Alteeza and the price was a steal!!!!!!! I knew I had to have it!!! If anuone has any TA04 setup tips for RCO that would be great, I'm gonna set it up stock for now, but I am almost certain that the setup won't be the hot one especially concidering that I will only be running the closed endbell silver can 540 (GT3 class)...although it may see stock after the preformance my TC3 had tonight.....

I was pertaining to this reply.. Sorry if there is a conflict on my previous reply/post..
Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is a good place for set up tips for TA04's: www.burienrcracing.com. We race all Tamiya here.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TMHippo
I'd go ahead and get the 415 for myself and get the kids the 04R or 04R tunned. The TA04 TRF is a nice car and yes it's loaded but, but so is the 415 and you can buy it for about the same and let's face it the 415 will outhandle the 04 TRF any day.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks all, It looks like the boys will be getting the 04 R and a 415 for me
Old 11-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Motor / Gearing help

Any more TA04R racers out there, or has everyone converted to the TB02. Well I have a question regarding motors and gearing. Currently I am using an old Paradox, and I need a new motor. I have read that the Monster is the motor to have and geared to 7.5. I am using the Tamiya .04 gears. Will I be able to gear the car to 7.5 while using the 120T spur gear, or will I have to change to the 128T spur gear and 36T pinion to achieve 7.5 final gear ratio. I am not sure if I will be able to mesh the 120T spur and 34T pinion to achieve the 7.5 gear ratio that the Monster calls for. I am trying not to do any modification to the motor heat sink plate. Is there another motor that can compete with the monster? Are you guys using a different brand of spur and pinion gear? Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

I've used P2Ks, P2K2s, Reedy MVPs, and by far the monster is the best I've used, so good choice there. As far as gearing, go to Robinson's 64pitch, as long as you mesh them properly, you'll love them and never go back, 64p gives you the best range of ratios.
And yeah, we are still outhere, TB02s are nice but, I've got too much money and setup time invested in my 04. I don't think switching would give me that much of an advantage if any.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A monster is a good choice if the track is a little tight and short. For longer or more wide open tracks, the Binary Roar Stock is also a good choice. a 120/34 will get you a 7.51 final drive. How you figure that out is to divide the spur/pinion then multiply by 2.13 (the internal ratio on the 04). I've used HPI, RW, Robinson, and others for spurs, they are all decent.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

jackhammer74/RC Driver Gary

Thanks for the info. I picked up serveral more Kimbrough 120T 64 pitch spur gear and 34T pinion gear. I will try to get then aligned and mesh the gears together.

jackhammer74 - Yeah I know what you mean. I thought about upgrading to the TB02 when I saw the guys at my track racing them, but I have to much invested on the TA04 chassis. Plus I am still a novice racer and i need to spend some time learning on how to setup my car.

RC Driver Gary-How would you gear the Binary Roar Stock motor? Is it similar to the Monster? How is the quality of the motor? I've read that some Monsters are having problems with the magnets coming undone.

Thanks Again.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm a weekly racer who has a TA04-SS. I'm slowly but surely upgrading to R specs except I got the carbon fiber upper and lower decks coming. Do the universals make that much of a difference? I got the low drag belts front and rear. I got ball diffs just sitting to the side. Not too sure how to adjust those to make them work for me. Alloy motor mount in the post with the carbon bits. Low friction shocks ( not TRF ) on all 4 with yellow springs up front and red in the rear. I'm racing a 19 turn chamelion 2. I'm now using a LRP v7.1 esc with a gear ratio combo of 35 pinion and 128 spur. I'm also runnind Schumacher wheels with hard inserts and Schumacher carpet dragons. There are only 3 tires that are legal where I race. I'm just a rookie racer still and I don't really have my car set up by the pros yet. I'm waiting for the stuff to arrive in the mail. How does this sound for indoor carpet racing which is mostly a short track with some tight turns and some sweeping turns and maybe one straight?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dayten

RC Driver Gary-How would you gear the Binary Roar Stock motor? Is it similar to the Monster? How is the quality of the motor? I've read that some Monsters are having problems with the magnets coming undone.

Thanks Again.
I run both the Monster and the BS Roar Stock, depending on the layout and the size of the track. The Monster is going to have more pull out of the corner, where the BRS will have more top end. I would drop 2-3 teeth when going from the Monster to the Binary Roar stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.