Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

With a mod, the CF chassis with the TA04 pro batt holder can take side by side packs. I have done this myself and will post a pic when I get it taken.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by FlyinGT
Thanx .....
Actually i already own a TA04 R-Tuned chassis ....
with a few hop up parts already in the car ...!!

But yeah i was lookin at the TRF but found that it could only take stick packs ........... so the R-tuned, with the lightweight molded tub...had slots for side x side packs......... was a better option ...

Also .... has anyone had problems of stripping the centre plastic pulley ??
will going to the aluminium parts help stop the stripping??
Yes the pulleys strip, more so if you use Mod. Aluminum is the way to go. If only Tamiya made a stronger pulley!(delrin/graphite)

The lightweight tub chassis is better since it protects your electronics BUT, if you want a CF Chassis, Penguin RC makes one!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

... where can i get the Penguin RC chassis ...
can anyone give me a link or site where i can find info or pics of it .......??
Old 07-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FlyinGT
... where can i get the Penguin RC chassis ...
can anyone give me a link or site where i can find info or pics of it .......??
www.penguinrc.com
Old 07-12-2004, 10:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Penguin RC Chassis

Is penguin making their chassis finally? Last time I emailed penguin, they said that they were still in prototyping....
Old 07-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default body for tcs races.

What body are you guys using at tcs races.

Has anyone tried the mercedes clk.

What are the handling differences between tamiya bodies.

Jamie
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: body for tcs races.

Originally posted by senna555
What body are you guys using at tcs races.

Has anyone tried the mercedes clk.

What are the handling differences between tamiya bodies.

Jamie
I'm not sure about the handling differences, but the 360 Modena and the NSX are popular in my country and also in Japan.

There are a few Skylines around too.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Entropy
I think the main reason is that its been around for sooo long, almost like a TC3

It is however still very competitive, though some people may say the car is "over-engineered".

Anyway if there are rumours going around now about a TA05 which would coincide with the 415's release, but I am not about to get rid of my TA04 yet, coz it has won me more silverware than my Pro4 (the pro4 has only seen one race so far but it netted me a podium finish, so its not pushover either).
so h0w many silverware have u won with yr 04 compare to yr pro4 ?? so u must be very good to able to reach podium with both cars~~!!

what other cars r u racing with when u won those races ??
Old 07-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by seventy7
so h0w many silverware have u won with yr 04 compare to yr pro4 ?? so u must be very good to able to reach podium with both cars~~!!

Juz a couple with the 04, one was a B3 and the other A3 in an empty A , I'm just a noob. The B main was against a whole slew of other brands in a mod race. Nothing fantastic but means alot more to me than it would to seasoned racers.

The pro4 got a B1 which meant alot to me coz it was my first race with it, still nothing great though, but this ain't the thread for that car.

Anyway its such milestones you set for yourself that count, even if they aren't impressive in other ppls eyes (coz they seen it and dunnit). I guess some people might frown on my "boast" but for me I'm just stating my personal bests.

Incidently, this being your first post in RCTech, I can't help but get the feeling that this is a clone account and you're doing this for a reason, perhaps to poke fun at me? Or to make a personal attack?

I do hope people will refrain from such antagonistic actions in future.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Bflat

no more battery post I just use Tape!, note also the dual upper decks! And what I did to the Spur Gear, I only use .06 module for the 04R since its for Mod!
Attached Thumbnails Ta04r...-tape.jpg  

Last edited by lem2; 07-13-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Bflat

the underside! enlarge the motor hole. motor in the 04 gets hotter than usual, also look at the arms!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ta04r...-mtr-hole-n-arms.jpg  
Old 07-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats some serious lightening work! The arms too!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default ENTROPY

Thats some serious lightening work! The arms too!
Thanks! But I like your BLUE PROJECT better!

I just needed to do that because, like you--I like bling bling! And bling bling makes the car heavier! I just compensated it by doing the lightening in strategic locations. Plus now it has Ti screws.

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by seventy7

One post wonder...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Juz a couple with the 04, one was a B3 and the other A3 in an empty A , I'm just a noob. The B main was against a whole slew of other brands in a mod race. Nothing fantastic but means alot more to me than it would to seasoned racers.

The pro4 got a B1 which meant alot to me coz it was my first race with it, still nothing great though, but this ain't the thread for that car.

Anyway its such milestones you set for yourself that count, even if they aren't impressive in other ppls eyes (coz they seen it and dunnit). I guess some people might frown on my "boast" but for me I'm just stating my personal bests.

Incidently, this being your first post in RCTech, I can't help but get the feeling that this is a clone account and you're doing this for a reason, perhaps to poke fun at me? Or to make a personal attack?

I do hope people will refrain from such antagonistic actions in future.

hmm... u mean asking you about your results will your car is a personal attack to you ?? i am just curious to find out performance of this 2 cars compare to the other models u are racing with.....

secondly, i am a clone since that was my 1st post ?? From the way you reply my post, i found that u have been too sensitive... is it because u have a unpleasent relation in the RC hobby at your country ?

pls make friends... this is just a hobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.