Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cannon is right , the Sakura diffs seal up well even with light oil , such as 900-1000wt
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
3 Racing have stopped sending kits out to stores until they sort the arm issue out. They said that they are just beefing the arm up and using another material.

On another note has anyone noticed the excessive amount of camber with the 1 degree block up front? On the station it reads at 4 degrees
Hey Alex , thanks for the tip on the upgrade .

My car built to kit was showing 3 or 4 degrees too ? Will check and advise the correct figure.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Here are pics of the arms... I used Black Shoe goo and 2mm piano wire... All this is done from bellow so from above it's hardly noticeable...
Thank you. I think I will be doing this tonight.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Put the gauges on mine last night and my front end is sitting right around 2 degrees of camber. Not sure why its so different from yours. Its built right out of the box. No run time yet. Tires haven't made it here.

I had a problem with my sakura zero s and the camber. The wheel hexes wore very fast and would give me false readings. If you have some run time on the chassis you may be starting to wear the wheel hex.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
I cant work out why they haven't either, I snapped my fingers last week , so they should be here by now ..........lol.
I am sure they are working on it , since they are aware of the issues people are having. This stuff doesnt happen overnight though.

I personally dislike the appearance of the link front ends people are coming up with (despite their merits and ingenuity )and would rather beef up what is already there in the mean time .
I would prefer this also. I've bought some piano wire and will be making the rest of my orginal spares out like Lightfoot's.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
3 Racing have stopped sending kits out to stores until they sort the arm issue out. They said that they are just beefing the arm up and using another material.

On another note has anyone noticed the excessive amount of camber with the 1 degree block up front? On the station it reads at 4 degrees
I had to loosen up the front end and force them as wide as possible just to get them to -2* and matching on each side.

The plastic issues concern me a little. The upper deck and nose are the same material. I would hope they can release an update for the kit for those of us who had to be on the bleeding edge.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Upper deck is quite a bit thicker so I don't see it snapping that easily. I would like to see a graphite upper deck as an option. Would free up some room.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

New ride wheels for FGX available at TQ.

Click Here

FYI, Thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Just made a set of piano wire reinforced arms. I used Amazing Goop instead of Shoe Goo. Same stuff, half the price and I've used it on my VTA bodies for the last 2 years. I settled on 1.4mm piano wire. It fits nice. I was very careful to cut the lengths for each length of the arms to keep the weight balance. I need to wait for the Goop to dry and then I'll clean it up a bit and heat shrink the uppers and use splicing tape on the lowers.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We got the parts for FGX front arm conversion.

Rod Ends Short w/Hollow Balls T-Maxx 2.5 (6)

Dubro Safety Lock Kwik Link 4-40 (2)

Dubro Horn Bracket 4-40 3/32

FYI, Thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I pulled my link front off tonight. I reinforced 2 sets of upper and lower arms with CF rod and flat stock, shoo goo, and CA, heat shrink on the upper. Only access to piano wire is at my parents house, and they got upset when I opened up Moms Baby Grand piano with wire cutters in my hand. So I was stuck with only CF. Anyhoo, popped the new improved front end on, only to discover that I have to cut up my F60 body for it to fit. Ugh.

Link front end is still intact and ready to go back on in case of emergency. I cannot wait for Saturday. I'm ready to burst. After not getting to run my FGX much the first weekend I had it at the track due to front end chaos, I am ready to roll. Farther.

Also expecting to hear whether or not we scored an F1 class at the Carpet Nats next year within the next couple of weeks. And whether or not the FGX's will be legal. Cross that bridge when we get there.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texastc
I pulled my link front off tonight. I reinforced 2 sets of upper and lower arms with CF rod and flat stock, shoo goo, and CA, heat shrink on the upper. Only access to piano wire is at my parents house, and they got upset when I opened up Moms Baby Grand piano with wire cutters in my hand. So I was stuck with only CF. Anyhoo, popped the new improved front end on, only to discover that I have to cut up my F60 body for it to fit. Ugh.

Link front end is still intact and ready to go back on in case of emergency. I cannot wait for Saturday. I'm ready to burst. After not getting to run my FGX much the first weekend I had it at the track due to front end chaos, I am ready to roll. Farther.

Also expecting to hear whether or not we scored an F1 class at the Carpet Nats next year within the next couple of weeks. And whether or not the FGX's will be legal. Cross that bridge when we get there.
Looking forward to your experience with the reinforced arms. I will be running mine for the first time this weekend so I'm a little excited to finally get it to the track.

Keep us updated on the nats. I am very curious to see if the fgx will be accepted.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the piano wire method on the front wing and lower arms? Or would that add too much weight?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glinx111
Has anyone tried the piano wire method on the front wing and lower arms? Or would that add too much weight?
Some people have posted success stories about using piano wire or carbon rod on both the upper and lower arms. Adhesive of choice seems to be shoe goo. There are some nice pictures a page or two back. I will be giving mine its first test this weekend. Don't know about the wing. It also seems that the chassis can benefit from a little more forward weight anyway
Old 12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I also have another question. What is the front balancer (part #: FGX - 324 http://store.hkshobby.com/product_in...c58417d2387f87) do? What does this help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.