Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba
The stock tc4 setup is actually pretty good. It needs a bit of Dremel work in the battery tray to fit square lipo packs and underneath the motor mount to fit anything over a 35t pinion. Also it's really helpful to take all the bearings out pull the seals out,clean the grease out(I use motor spray) and re lube them with good bearing lube.(marvel mystery oil works well too) then put them back in the car. You'll be amazed how much freer the car is.
Thanks I'll give it a try.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winstoncup
Anyone have one they would like to sell?
Pm me. I'm looking for one.
I have a TEAM car and a Factory team car
not selling carbon fiber FT car
but I am selling the Team car roller
If not, I'll make it a basher/drift car
look in For sale section
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

what is a lower cost alternative for a motor and esc? I run TEKIN equipment in my FT TC4 but was gonna put a cheaper system in another TC4 team car that I have lying around to drift and play around with
thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Speed Passion combo from the SpeedPassion US warehouse is a good and inexpensive combo.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I use a hobbywing Justock with their programming card and a hobbyking track star 34 dollar motor. It's smooth.... Not sure about the hobbywing motors. You could try the hobbywing combo..make sure u get the programming card... Get in touch with fastpete in the hobbywing thread...super fast service..cheap..and a great guy...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Just getting back into RC after 10 years, and need some help with gearing. I bought a brushless system and plan to run 17.5 sportsman class. I am a bit confused as to what spur and pinion to use. I have the original setup 72T spur/28T pinion 48 pitch that was matched to a 24 degree stock bushed motor. I have been looking on Rctech and Associated on what to use, but I am unsure, do I go up on the spur or go down from 72T? The only available spur gears are 75T, 69T, and 66T. I am running a Team Powers motor that suggest to start at 4.2 to 4.8 gear ratio, but the ESC suggest 3.9 for the 17.5T. Any suggestion of spur and pinion size is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A 60 tooth spur and a 37 tooth pinion will give you a 4.05 final drive. But you could probably get away with up a bigger pinion depending on your track. You'll have to order a 60tooth spur from Robinson racing though and Dremel the chassis under the pinion so it will fit.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anybody mess with anti dive at all?(the spacers under the front arm mounts). Ive messed with anti squat quite a bit and my car accelerates like a drag car but I've never messed with the anti dive in the front I've never felt like my car needed help under breaking but I'm always looking for something to go faster or handle better. Anybody got any insight?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

A 60 tooth spur and a 37 tooth pinion will give you a 4.05 final drive. But you could probably get away with up a bigger pinion depending on your track. You'll have to order a 60tooth spur from Robinson racing though and Dremel the chassis under the pinion so it will fit.
Thanks for the reply gooba. I did find a 62T at my local hobby shop. I will need to special order the 60T and 55T spur gear. Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I messed with anti dive a lot, but it decreased front caster too much, and made my car wander more on the straights in addition to increasing the likelyhood of traction rolling in the turns... I run my front ARM mounts flat now, with no shims at all, and it works perfectly now.....
Does anybody mess with anti dive at all?(the spacers under the front arm mounts). Ive messed with anti squat quite a bit and my car accelerates like a drag car but I've never messed with the anti dive in the front I've never felt like my car needed help under breaking but I'm always looking for something to go faster or handle better. Anybody got any insight?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Looking at building a VTA car and was thinking of using a TC4 Club Racer to fill the bill...I am worried that with the age of this chassis and already seeing that most hopups have been discontinued, the general parts support for the chassis will cease to exist...Should I look elsewhere for a chassis or do you guys see this chassis being supported for the next couple of years
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLinney
Looking at building a VTA car and was thinking of using a TC4 Club Racer to fill the bill...I am worried that with the age of this chassis and already seeing that most hopups have been discontinued, the general parts support for the chassis will cease to exist...Should I look elsewhere for a chassis or do you guys see this chassis being supported for the next couple of years
The TC4 Club Racer sells very well. Parts support will remain as long as the chassis remains popular.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLinney
for much less $$ you can get a modern touring car like the XI SPORT or S2 which out of the box are competitive without additional upgrades.

The TC4 will need some dremel work to make a lipo and proper gearing fit, also you will need to upgrade the front axles to aluminum or steel as the stock plastic ones will snap the first time you pull the throttle, you will also want(need) to upgrade the shocks. Most of the good Factory Team parts for the TC4 have been discontinued.
You can buy a used modern TC for less then it will cost to get a TC4 race ready.

The TC4 is great for bashing, but if you want to race there are better options
Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moparSRT
for much less $$ you can get a modern touring car like the XI SPORT or S2 which out of the box are competitive without additional upgrades.

The TC4 will need some dremel work to make a lipo and proper gearing fit, also you will need to upgrade the front axles to aluminum or steel as the stock plastic ones will snap the first time you pull the throttle, you will also want(need) to upgrade the shocks. Most of the good Factory Team parts for the TC4 have been discontinued.
You can buy a used modern TC for less then it will cost to get a TC4 race ready.

The TC4 is great for bashing, but if you want to race there are better options
Thanks for the reply and I am sure there are better options out there...I have the shocks covered as I have a brand new set of FTTC3 shocks and VCS2 upgrade kit still in package from another project, Dremel work is no problem for me, and front HD axles are about $20...Will the Robinson 55T 48P spur fit and allow enough motor adjustment for proper mesh to achieve a good FDR or do the bigger spurs(66T+) have to be used? Any and all info I can gain from you guys is much appreciated as I am totally new to on-road and have a F1 car and building a VTA to get my feet wet on carpet this winter when work slows down a little...
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mopar has fallen off the TC4 bandwagon for his racing, so take his advice accordingly.

There is no need for expensive upgrades to race a TC4 in VTA. I actually "downgraded" from a spool to a plastic diff in the front of my car. The diff is easier on the front cvds and lighter. I was able to run the composite bones without any issues. (Note: I did have to adjust my setup to work better with a diff)

The only reason to upgrade the stock plastic shocks is that threaded shocks are quicker to make small adjustments to ride height. The stock plastic shocks work well if built properly.

The only "upgrade" needed on a TC4 is a wider bumper, which will help protect the steering rack.

I currently race a TC4 in VTA and I have been able to be competitive with it locally and nationally. While there may be "better" cars out there, the TC4 has been a great value for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.