Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

I'm wondering if the slipper spool from the club racer will work in a older TC4? I hope it is a direct fit
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzRon
I'm wondering if the slipper spool from the club racer will work in a older TC4? I hope it is a direct fit
The tc4 club racer is the exact same tc4 as the old ones and it comes with a standard spool not a slipper spool. So yes it will drop right in.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Nice, but gear diff's mean silicone oil and I hate that more than ............... (insert something suitable yourself I don't want to upset anyone )

It's not that I'm putting crazy power through the diffs, 10.5t blinky. It's just they wear alot quicker than the diff's in my Schumacher. I can run the Schumacher every week for a year and they are still smooooooth The main difference is slightly larger t/c balls, thrust washers for adjusting tension and it's a belt t/c. As I said I think it is the no give direct drive action from the shaft that causes most of the damage but I think the spring is alot to do with it as well.

Just looking through sold old posts, DaveW you were running losi front hubs and carriers, were they xxx-s parts or jrxs? Just I was thinking to try the LCD drive shafts that Bertrand has mentioned a few times. Obviously the jrxs carriers will be larger to accommodate the LCD driveshaft coupling but do they fit in the tc4?

Last edited by Conrad; 03-16-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Conrad
Nice, but gear diff's mean silicone oil and I hate that more than ............... (insert something suitable yourself I don't want to upset anyone )

It's not that I'm putting crazy power through the diffs, 10.5t blinky. It's just they wear alot quicker than the diff's in my Schumacher. I can run the Schumacher every week for a year and they are still smooooooth The main difference is slightly larger t/c balls, thrust washers for adjusting tension and it's a belt t/c. As I said I think it is the no give direct drive action from the shaft that causes most of the damage but I think the spring is alot to do with it as well.

Just looking through sold old posts, DaveW you were running losi front hubs and carriers, were they xxx-s parts or jrxs? Just I was thinking to try the LCD drive shafts that Bertrand has mentioned a few times. Obviously the jrxs carriers will be larger to accommodate the LCD driveshaft coupling but do they fit in the tc4?

Yeah i feel ya. Ive never been fond of gear diffs for the same reason. But im slowly coming around. The amount of run time i can have a solid consistent diff with gear/fluid is far greater than ball diffs. To me, consistent laps and track time are far more important than bench time.

In my 1/8th truggy i got over 8 hours of collective wheeltime before i had the front diff blow out a seal. 8 HOURS of wheeltime. Now, its nothing to stand on the drivers stand for 20+ minutes without needing to walk down and marshal my own truck. Consistent feel, no breakdowns. Just recharge and run again.

Im not convinced they are the ticket for 1/10 lower powered classes, or 1/10 offroad... i think a ball diff reigns supreme there. But anytime you go up in power/grip or size of the car... the gear/fluid diff seems to become mandatory. Even in boosted 17.5 TC i would blow out rear ball diffs a lot sooner than i would in brushed mod classes of years past. I think its just the nature of the beast.

Losi used spring washers in their 1/10 diffs years ago. They were always smooth. But that same 1/10 ball diff was put in a gas truck and it couldnt handle the HP. Gas engines dont have anywhere near the amount of on hand TQ brushless motors do. So you can imagine how hard it is on a ball diff in a high grip condition when youre just dumping the throttle to go because you have the grip to do so. Its having to handle more power to propel the car forward and still do its regular job of balancing power to the wheels.

In theory, bigger balls would offer more friction on drive rings than small balls. BUT the difference comes in as to how many balls fit in the given area. If the coefficient of friction between 12 small balls and 8 large balls is the same... then there wouldnt be any real advantage in that area (except heat dispersion). It seems that ring and ball material would be a greater influence on the longevity of the diff feel. Maybe AE's rings are too soft? Maybe the Schuie's rings are harder? Its hard to tell...

Yeah the Losi parts were XXX-S then. The steering parts are the same as what you can find on the TypeR Losi still has on the market. There is an extra ackerman hole on the newer steering block parts... looks like a little leg coming off... but the upper hole is the same as what i had on my Tc3/4. I used the Losi carriers front and rear and the steering blocks. As with all of the older AE kits... there was minimal fitment involved to make everything smooth... but no major modifications.

If i remember right the front Losi carriers and steering block narrowed the front end almost 3mm total, which was great for adding a little steering and direct feel to the front. The Tc4 steering block widened the front back out with the Losi or AE carriers. One you get a pair, take a Losi steering block and Tc4 steering block and stack them on top of each other with the kingpin holes lined up. Compare bearing offset, youll see what i mean.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can someone post a set up for asphalt..I need a starting point. Thx.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got a couple of TC3's I run and am thinking about picking up a TC4 club sport for a drift car. Is there a front one way available for the TC6? How about parts interchangeability? Will any of my spares from the TC3 fit the TC4? How diffeernt are the cars?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have a few questions regarding my TC4 and some possible upgrades.

- What weight oil should I use for the differentials?

- I'm looking to upgrade from the stock steering servo. What's a good metal gear servo for mild club racing that won't break the bank?

- I'd like to upgrade from the the stock transmitter/receiver. What are some good options that also won't break the bank? The stock transmitter is very limited and quite old. Generally looking to spend 50$ or less on this. I know I won't get the best quality out there but that's good enough for me.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

does any on ehave a tc4 one way they are willing to part with?! please. and where can i get replacement bearings for it??
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have one that I am never going to use. I do not know how much use is on it though because I got it in a parts lot used. It seems to lock well in my hand.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

WELL LET ME KNOW WHAT U WANT FOR IT
Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a bag of wishbones, some c/f some plastic is their anyway to tell the difference once the c/f markings are worn off as both appear the same...?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Anyone have any starting point for asphalt setups. Running rubber tires?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

There is a great setup on the AE site for asphalt for the TC4 That's the one I use for VTA
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

COOL.Thanks i will check it out.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SHOEADDICT
WELL LET ME KNOW WHAT U WANT FOR IT
PM sent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.