Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Sold 2 old pancars and some other old rc stuff on ebay, ordered my sakura zero S from TQ today. Should have it by the weekend. I'm pretty anxious to see it. One of our top carpet guys at the local track bought one to check it out to see if it was the real deal. It is. And he waxed us this weekend in it.
you wont be sorry.
i run a pan car crc genx le on and love it.but i just got a sakura zero s last week as i am trying to get a vta class going at the track.finally got my servo today and had a play out the front on the road.
tried a 13.5t with the stock tyres that come with it and was very suprised how well it handles.
has a couple bad points,motor mount is a pita to change/adjust pinion,but thats a $10 fix
other wise i was really impressed by the quality of the car,yes it has a lot of plastic but its good plastic
dollar for dollar this is the best kit i ever brought,and better than some more expensive ones
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
you wont be sorry.
i run a pan car crc genx le on and love it.but i just got a sakura zero s last week as i am trying to get a vta class going at the track.finally got my servo today and had a play out the front on the road.
tried a 13.5t with the stock tyres that come with it and was very suprised how well it handles.
has a couple bad points,motor mount is a pita to change/adjust pinion,but thats a $10 fix
other wise i was really impressed by the quality of the car,yes it has a lot of plastic but its good plastic
dollar for dollar this is the best kit i ever brought,and better than some more expensive ones
bought the vert motor mount, aluminum spur adapter and some extra front arms with it. Ill replace the plastic with aluminum as needed. Pretty pumped to get this, to replace my TC3 in VTA.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

bought the vert motor mount, aluminum spur adapter and some extra front arms with it. Ill replace the plastic with aluminum as needed. Pretty pumped to get this, to replace my TC3 in VTA.
It might be necessary.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

I got my Zero built this last weeekend. Once I find a working esc it will hit the track this weekend.

I really like the car it went together really well.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks pro10noob for the reply! im currently running a 33t pinon giving me a FDR or 4.85..i dont have a temp gauge yet so i can't moniter the tempurate's yet. Im also having a problem with the car tracking straight at high speeds, hpi x pattern with hard insterts. i have a already added higher weight oil in the rear shocks but no luck. any solution to this problem?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks like something is bend or you got a tweaked chassis.
Do you run the stock servo saver?
If so ditch it and use a better one(it flexes a lot).
You could also have a binding problem some where in your suspension
A FDR of 4.85 is way to low for that motor.
For example i run a FDR of 6 with a boosted 13.5 in my car on a 21 second per lap circuit.
BTW use some real TC tires like the Sorex 32R or 36R depending on track temp.
What is the ride hight of the car and droop settings?
These things could all contribute to a poor handling of the car(except the FDR,that only cooks your electronic or lipos)
Share your setup,perhaps we can help in some way.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by jseiwert
thanks pro10noob for the reply! im currently running a 33t pinon giving me a FDR or 4.85..i dont have a temp gauge yet so i can't moniter the tempurate's yet. Im also having a problem with the car tracking straight at high speeds, hpi x pattern with hard insterts. i have a already added higher weight oil in the rear shocks but no luck. any solution to this problem?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Got mine today. Will start the build tonight.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Whoever mentioned earlier about need strong wrists was right. Lots of screws. Lol. Glad I have an electric screw driver or is still be on step 2. I'm still building. I have the diff installed, vert motor mount, top deck and the front arms on. If you build this kit and used the vert motormount, you have to install the belts in the opposite order than the instructions. Noticed it too late and had to tear some of it down to redo. Also I kept the stock top deck and just dremelled a bit of it to work with vert mount. Looks to be top quality kit. Best instruction manual that I've ever seen. Will work on it more tonight and hopefully finish it up tomorrow so I can practice Sunday. Looking good so far.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Whoever mentioned earlier about need strong wrists was right. Lots of screws. Lol. Glad I have an electric screw driver or is still be on step 2. I'm still building. I have the diff installed, vert motor mount, top deck and the front arms on. If you build this kit and used the vert motormount, you have to install the belts in the opposite order than the instructions. Noticed it too late and had to tear some of it down to redo. Also I kept the stock top deck and just dremelled a bit of it to work with vert mount. Looks to be top quality kit. Best instruction manual that I've ever seen. Will work on it more tonight and hopefully finish it up tomorrow so I can practice Sunday. Looking good so far.
Don't use an electric screw driver. Just man up and use hand tools. The plastic threads will thank you for it!

I don't think running a tap through all the plastic parts before assembly would be a bad idea if you didn't want to kill your wrists though.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Don't use an electric screw driver. Just man up and use hand tools. The plastic threads will thank you for it!

I don't think running a tap through all the plastic parts before assembly would be a bad idea if you didn't want to kill your wrists though.
I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and tendinitis in both hands, no manning up for me. I go very slow with the electric driver. Very careful. Not just zip zip like I'm building a fence. Thought I was gonna have a knuckle pop outta my hand on step 3 lol. I'll see you tomorrow awd, show you where I'm at on the car and pick up that body DW left with you.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Wink

I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and tendinitis in both hands, no manning up for me. I go very slow with the electric driver. Very careful. Not just zip zip like I'm building a fence. Thought I was gonna have a knuckle pop outta my hand on step 3 lol. I'll see you tomorrow awd, show you where I'm at on the car and pick up that body DW left with you.
Technically, I left the new body with Richard "D. Double". I don't think Andrew has seen the body in his office yet.

I can't wait to see how the Sakura Zero stands up to the other VTA cars on the track. Esp. Christopher Taylor's Losi JRX-S when it comes barreling through all the other cars.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Technically, I left the new body with Richard "D. Double". I don't think Andrew has seen the body in his office yet.

I can't wait to see how the Sakura Zero stands up to the other VTA cars on the track. Esp. Christopher Taylor's Losi JRX-S when it comes barreling through all the other cars.
AWD waxed our tails with it last week. Still, its the driver not the car. Me and you will still be battling for 4th.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Glad to hear you're taking it slow. I hope you and the car emerge fully functioning! The body is in our guest chair waiting for Daddy to come get it!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Glad to hear you're taking it slow. I hope you and the car emerge fully functioning! The body is in our guest chair waiting for Daddy to come get it!
dont sit on it, its a pegasus, fragile

car almost done, shocks and body posts only thing left besides wheels and electrics. Unless Im forgetting, I havent looked ahead in the manual. will be done in the morning.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys

Anyone know were i can find a ball diff?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.