Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After some advice if anyone can help?

In the process of finishing off my build and I have hit a small issue, when using the vertical motor mount you end up swapping the belts around the other way versus using the stock mount,that is you end up with the large belt on the battery side of the car-here is the issue, the belt now runs where the battery mounts need to go.
Has anyone had this issue and if so what fix did you use?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jetski
After some advice if anyone can help?

In the process of finishing off my build and I have hit a small issue, when using the vertical motor mount you end up swapping the belts around the other way versus using the stock mount,that is you end up with the large belt on the battery side of the car-here is the issue, the belt now runs where the battery mounts need to go.
Has anyone had this issue and if so what fix did you use?
Yes you need to swap the belts, as well as cut off the part of the battery mount up the point where the screws thread.
If you're using back the original frp top deck, you have to modify it slightly as well to get the motor mount to fit
Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just what is the advantage of the vertical motor mount ?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zipp
Yes you need to swap the belts, as well as cut off the part of the battery mount up the point where the screws thread.
If you're using back the original frp top deck, you have to modify it slightly as well to get the motor mount to fit
I thought as much, thanks for the confirmation before I started cutting!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Firefox
Just what is the advantage of the vertical motor mount ?
Makes it easier to access the pinion gear and adjust the motor setting as you only need to adjust one screw, not two, to get the gear mesh right. It is ok with the stock 80 tooth spur as the holes are large enough but can be an issue with aftermarket spurs that done have holes that are large enough
Old 06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

New items are arrived from 3racing, Integy and Speed Passion.

Click Here to see the part store for Sakura

Click Here to see the new arrivals.

Click Here to see the re-stocked items.

For more information, please visit www.tqrcracing.com

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

need some advice on set up.

Im running my Zero S in VTA. Med grip carpet. USing stock oils in diff and the shocks. rear shocks are middle hole in tower, front shocks Ive placed on inner holes. 2* camber. I need more turn in, car swings way wide in turns. Ive had running a spool in the front recommended, but Im new to Touring. Whats a spool? What are some other adjustments I can make to get more steering?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

A spool is a front drive option which locks the two wheels together so they are always moving at the same speed. I have the front gear diff with the std oil in my car and I can traction roll if I am not careful.

1. I am saucing the whole front tire
2. make sure you are getting full throw from your radio. Set your end points to allow the steering knuckle to almost touch the c-hub.
3. Stand your front shocks up to the middle hole on the tower

I'll be at Mike's all day Thursday if you wanna swing by.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
A spool is a front drive option which locks the two wheels together so they are always moving at the same speed. I have the front gear diff with the std oil in my car and I can traction roll if I am not careful.

1. I am saucing the whole front tire
2. make sure you are getting full throw from your radio. Set your end points to allow the steering knuckle to almost touch the c-hub.
3. Stand your front shocks up to the middle hole on the tower

I'll be at Mike's all day Thursday if you wanna swing by.
What is the difference between a spool & a one-way???
Or are they the same???
Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Whole front tire huh? I was just doin inner. Thanks awd, ill try that Saturday. Dumas is who mentioned spool. I know that DW was running a one way early on and took it out. Another thing which may have caused an issue is that I had a lot of front fluid leakage. I've refilled and fixed that. But can't try it out on carpet til Saturday before heat 1. Never stop learning.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I think you will like the gear diff better. A spool might be a tenth or two faster outright, and then only when grip is up more and you would have to stay on top of it the whole race. The front gear diff will be easier to drive for you in my opinion and will give you a faster race result. If you were only saucing the inside, you might just try going to 2/3 sauce for the first Q, and then bump it up for Rd 2 if necessary.

A one way allows the front wheels to freewheel off power, but they are locked together like a spool once power is applied again. If it were me I would try a million other set up changes before I tried to make a one-way work. Every time I have run one it has felt like there was a steering demon in the car trying to take over control.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

I knew you were running stock fluids I pretty much copied your set up. But I couldn't turn, I bet the diff just leaked dry and was the culprit. I was pretty disappointed.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would keep the gear diff in-- it is the best of both worlds -acts like a diff off power and a spool on power.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Agreed, keep the gear diff.
Like you said your problem was not enough turn in, a spool would only make it worst.
The one way on the other hand would have a load of turn in, but only good if your track layout doesn't require braking
Old 06-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default got mine together

Originally Posted by GasGod
I would keep the gear diff in-- it is the best of both worlds -acts like a diff off power and a spool on power.
need to get one. get 2 or 3 of us and maybe the shop will stock parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.