Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great.

For those new to and looking at the Sakura S, what parts did you add/replace ?

thanks
Originally Posted by over gear
update of my Sakura S.

Thank you HKS Hobby for the parts support
Old 05-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From what i can see:
Shocks,Tamiya.
Bulkheads front and rear
Vertical motormount.
Topdeck.
Spool at the front.
Wheelhexes and spurgear adaptor with 19 teeth pulley.
Shock towers front and rear.
That is what i see

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Firefox
Looks great.

thanks

Last edited by Pro10noob; 05-20-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looks great.

thanks
These are what I think is the most important hopups:
  1. Alloy spur holder
  2. 19T mid pulley. This really free up the belts
  3. Tamiya servo saver. the stock one feels sloppy.
  4. 4mm taller front and rear shock tower. All my springs are standard length. 3Racing's spring is shorter.
  5. Tamiya shocks. I really like Tamiya shocks and I happen to have a spare set in my box.

These are what I think is sort of important:
  1. Front and rear sway bar
  2. 4mm alloy wheel hex adaptor.
  3. Alloy rear bulk head. The camber link ball stud would move under high load.
  4. Vertical motor mount. The stock one require you to get the motor screw through the spur. I hate doing that.
  5. CF upper deck. It's require for the motor mount.
  6. You also need to trim the battery holder to make room for the front belt.

There are not necessary but I get it anyway:
  1. Front spool. I could have jam pack the gear diff.
  2. Front alloy bulk head.

Next on my wishlist is rear universals and a 416 bumper foam. The stock foam is sorta soft. I crash more than I should.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Is there a car, Tamiya TRFxxx for example, or other, that's parts are interchangeable with the Sakura ?

I'm really liking the looks of this chassis.
One for VTA and one for RCGT.

Was looking at a JL10e GT or Drift.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:36 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

I am considering getting one of these but what was wondering what people break the most often and should get for spares?

I guess what I should get for hopups is mentioned a couple of posts ahead.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Is there a car, Tamiya TRFxxx for example, or other, that's parts are interchangeable with the Sakura ?

I'm really liking the looks of this chassis.
One for VTA and one for RCGT.

Was looking at a JL10e GT or Drift.
I think the hinge pins , a-arms and universal are interchangeable with TRF415 and 416... but why would you want Tamiya parts? 3Racing parts is a lot cheaper.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jcr
I am considering getting one of these but what was wondering what people break the most often and should get for spares?

I guess what I should get for hopups is mentioned a couple of posts ahead.
stock up on front C-hub and steering knuckle. I broke once... i hit the board at full speed....
Old 05-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Amen on that

Only broke a steering knuckle on mine and that was with temps of 8 degrees celcius and me hitting the border at a wrong angle

regards Roy

I think the hinge pins , a-arms and universal are interchangeable with TRF415 and 416... but why would you want Tamiya parts? 3Racing parts is a lot cheaper.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Amen on that

Only broke a steering knuckle on mine and that was with temps of 8 degrees celcius and me hitting the border at a wrong angle

regards Roy
Ive broken 3 C hubs and 2 arms in last 2 weeks on my TC3, Ive stocked up on them. I will as well with the Sakura. Boards keep me on the track
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

I would break 3 C hubs a night. You can use XRay T2 parts they are a direct fit, but expensive. I just put on a XRay Hard Foam Bumper. I found that the stock 3Racing bumper would bend on impact right on the front tire. At first I did not remove the 3 pieces of foam from the stock bumper and CA'd them back in to make it stronger. But it would still bend on the sides by the tires.

The C hubs and steering knuckles are the only parts that I have broken. Thats on 2 cars after a year of racing every week.

I was thinking of picking up the 4mm shock towers. Will AE TC spings fit on the 3racing shocks and still be able to adujst ride height? I am having problems setting up the right springs on the car. I know what the AE guys are using and thought I would try them, but since they are longer will they rasise the ride height too much is that why I need the 4mm towers?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

You need the 4mm taller shock tower to use the AE springs. Especially the front.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Madulla
I would break 3 C hubs a night. You can use XRay T2 parts they are a direct fit, but expensive. I just put on a XRay Hard Foam Bumper. I found that the stock 3Racing bumper would bend on impact right on the front tire. At first I did not remove the 3 pieces of foam from the stock bumper and CA'd them back in to make it stronger. But it would still bend on the sides by the tires.

The C hubs and steering knuckles are the only parts that I have broken. Thats on 2 cars after a year of racing every week.

I was thinking of picking up the 4mm shock towers. Will AE TC spings fit on the 3racing shocks and still be able to adujst ride height? I am having problems setting up the right springs on the car. I know what the AE guys are using and thought I would try them, but since they are longer will they rasise the ride height too much is that why I need the 4mm towers?
Not sure if the AE springs will fit on the 3racing shocks because the shock bodies and shaft are shorter as well.

Ive read about people using TRF 416 shocks for the 4mm shock towers which is quite an expensive proposition if you dont have a set of TRF shocks in your toolbox. However i believe you can get away with just ordering the TRF shock bodies and TRF Shock shafts and bolt the other 3racing stuff on it. Apparently its a direct fit.

The other option is to fit longer ball ends to extend the standard 3racing shocks. I personally wouldnt go down this way though.

Im currently using a set of Corally shocks which i had lying around and they fit just fine. I should be able to use standard size springs on them though i havent tried it yet.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

These are what I think is the most important hopups:
  1. Alloy spur holder
  2. 19T mid pulley. This really free up the belts
  3. Tamiya servo saver. the stock one feels sloppy.
  4. 4mm taller front and rear shock tower. All my springs are standard length. 3Racing's spring is shorter.
  5. Tamiya shocks. I really like Tamiya shocks and I happen to have a spare set in my box.

These are what I think is sort of important:
  1. Front and rear sway bar
  2. 4mm alloy wheel hex adaptor.
  3. Alloy rear bulk head. The camber link ball stud would move under high load.
  4. Vertical motor mount. The stock one require you to get the motor screw through the spur. I hate doing that.
  5. CF upper deck. It's require for the motor mount.
  6. You also need to trim the battery holder to make room for the front belt.

There are not necessary but I get it anyway:
  1. Front spool. I could have jam pack the gear diff.
  2. Front alloy bulk head.

Next on my wishlist is rear universals and a 416 bumper foam. The stock foam is sorta soft. I crash more than I should.
Id recommend getting alloy Wheel hex adaptors as most important. The stock plastic ones are not very smooth and if you use them long enough they melt creating even more friction
Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mandirigma
Not sure if the AE springs will fit on the 3racing shocks because the shock bodies and shaft are shorter as well.

Ive read about people using TRF 416 shocks for the 4mm shock towers which is quite an expensive proposition if you dont have a set of TRF shocks in your toolbox. However i believe you can get away with just ordering the TRF shock bodies and TRF Shock shafts and bolt the other 3racing stuff on it. Apparently its a direct fit.

The other option is to fit longer ball ends to extend the standard 3racing shocks. I personally wouldnt go down this way though.

Im currently using a set of Corally shocks which i had lying around and they fit just fine. I should be able to use standard size springs on them though i havent tried it yet.
Can't you just get other shocks that are 55mm long? I think 3Racing makes a set for the TA05 and it's around $20.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Sold 2 old pancars and some other old rc stuff on ebay, ordered my sakura zero S from TQ today. Should have it by the weekend. I'm pretty anxious to see it. One of our top carpet guys at the local track bought one to check it out to see if it was the real deal. It is. And he waxed us this weekend in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.