Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louielou
Hey Warren, i PMed u and u never got back to me. What happened?
You guys should be receiving refunds and parts i was told by litemodz
Old 03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Bilko
Remove the C, clip and thin shim and carefully remove the driveshaft with the cage taking care the balls do not fall out. Check the ball grooves within the axle for and debri from manufacturing/anodizing.

Did you put these CVS's together yourself or where they assembled when you got them?

Regards Malc
Litemodz sent me new parts as originals were faulty.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
I ran the steel CVD's at our Friday night club which is aprox 22mtrs x 12mtrs and about a 8 second lap time with NO probs what so ever. I also ran them again yesterday at the last round of EWS which I was 3rd in the A and finished 3rd overal, but won the EWS series overal Track size 34mtrs x 16mtrs with a 10.80 second lap

I feel peeps need educating when fitting/running these awesome driveshafts.

Make sure when building them make sure the C, clip is completely seated in the groove within the axel. I not, you may find it benificial to remove a little material from one end of the C clip so that the clip fits in and the ends of the clip meets flush.

Make sure that once together that they are completlt free of any knotching.

Make sure you place the spring is seated well in the outdrives (personally they work the best with the LM spool) and that the shaft is under tension within the outdrives.

Make sure there is no movement/float left and right of diff/spool, as this will put extra load on a separate CVS.

Check the servo saver don't have excesive movement within it.

You won't need as much ackerman when running CVS's iv'e found.

you might want to check the max lock out on your steering too, as if there is any movement it would be advisable to put a small 0 ring on the steering knuckle so stop the knuckle from flexing round in a crash, which is when problems mat arise.

You will also find that you can reduce the steering curve on your handset, as will find corner speed is far smoother so therefor quick than standard CVA's

The other thing you will find is, that tyre wear is far less than with CVA's as there is NO chatter from the CVS's at all.

You may think that you u need CVS's n the rear of the car, but you would be wrong, again these work well in cojunction with the front CVS's as again tyre wear is far less than the standard version, as there is no judder, so again less wear.

Well I hope this has helped you make up your minds about the CVS's. I know there been issues, as i have been working closely with Litemodz on these drive shafts

If I can help in any 'technical' questions I can help with please ask.

Cheers Malc
Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default e-mail

Hey Warren. Checked my e-mail and spam, and still no e-mail about the how to recieve refund.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Warren

still no e-mail Warren
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by louielou
still no e-mail Warren
contact them again they said they sent a lot of e mails make sure they have yours rite
Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

I have been receiving product so i have a few things in stock contact me and i can get you what you want
Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice to see, that at least you receive something. My order is pending for nearly a month now with no response on my mail.

Since I live in Germany I cannot understand why I have to wait a month if the parts are in stock like it shows on the website...

That is just impractical if you race every week...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

I'm just rebuilding my v2's with the v3 parts sent by Litemodz, do i still use the aluminium shim uder the circlip? If so i'm in trouble as they are badly damaged and Litemodz never sent new ones and there' no mention of them on the website.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

When are you guys coming out with some axles for the Kyosho TF6! I would know what my next car would be.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default refund

i sent product back to litemodz about three weeks ago. they said as soon as they recieved the product back they would issue me a refund. i still have not recieved a refund.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

A ny news with these CVD
Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know whether they still carry the Corally Phi CVS?

Since the latest update anymore user reviews?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default latest version

I used a set of the steel version at the carpet nats this year in my X-ray 008 with no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to run much since, a lot of changes at my work right after I got back from the nats has prevented me from racing much. Actually this year. I am now getting ready to run our outdoor season, so far have tested on asphalt once and have not seen any issues yet. They seem smooth in operation at this point. I will update here with any info as soon as I get some more runs on them. I got them through Warren Weaver, who was very helpful with any info I needed to get me going.

-Alex
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

hello ,

I have this Titanium Racing F1 Stealth CVDs for my Tamiya 416WE and some parts want to repair. Where to buy parts for this CVD ?

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.