All i will say is it will be insane.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Press release 1st August.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonrg
I'm leaving regular updates on how the testing is going on Fans of Litemodz in groups on Facebook.
There are a lot more potential customers here than on facebook, it'd be a good idea to keep up with updates here too
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Well I have bought from jon not too long ago and his customer service was impeccable.
wish you all the best with the business!!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Ok, a quick resume of what happened last week whilst testing. Monday, discovered a few minor niggles. Quick change to the CNC machine program overnite, MK2 ready for testing Tuesday. Tuesday ran without a hitch, but some interesting things came to light. We couldn't believe how low the tire wear was, as we were running some very soft tires on a very hot track. Wednesday testing rained off (least ways I think it was Wednesday). Made some for an NT1 overnite so we could test both Electric and IC cars. Again no problems with the build and the wear rate on the tires was still fantastic. Over the weekend 2 drivers used them in one of our UK summer series. I know it sounds a bit boring but still no problems, we have been running the CVD's in their raw state but the production versions will be hard anodised. That's about it really, they work just like a 1:1 CVD. Have to say I've had a rather smug grin on my face for about a week now.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are these going to be made for xray only or will there be some for different brands?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm anxious to try these they look awesome.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JCarr
Are these going to be made for xray only or will there be some for different brands?
Electric testing was one on an Mi4, Nitro on NT1. We will be pruducing for all the most popular makes, as we do at present with our current driveshaft/axle combinations.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is a pic from the Facebook page...

Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Electric testing was one on an Mi4, Nitro on NT1. We will be pruducing for all the most popular makes, as we do at present with our current driveshaft/axle combinations.
Thanks for the quick reply, I look forward to trying some on my 416.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ok, a quick resume of what happened last week whilst testing. Monday, discovered a few minor niggles. Quick change to the CNC machine program overnite, MK2 ready for testing Tuesday. Tuesday ran without a hitch, but some interesting things came to light. We couldn't believe how low the tire wear was, as we were running some very soft tires on a very hot track. Wednesday testing rained off (least ways I think it was Wednesday). Made some for an NT1 overnite so we could test both Electric and IC cars. Again no problems with the build and the wear rate on the tires was still fantastic. Over the weekend 2 drivers used them in one of our UK summer series. I know it sounds a bit boring but still no problems, we have been running the CVD's in their raw state but the production versions will be hard anodised. That's about it really, they work just like a 1:1 CVD. Have to say I've had a rather smug grin on my face for about a week now.
I'm sure that many of us are concerned with durability. Can this survive the so-so/average driver's repeated encounters with the wall?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Don't forget us Associated TC5 guys when you go to production please. Product looks very interesting and promising.

Will there be a CV boot as well like full size CVs to protect the balls from excessive wear or binding if running on a dirty track? This would allow more grease to be packed in as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Cant wait to try them for the Photon.

All the tolerence problems I had with TR products (not being able to get the axle shaft through the bearings)should be a thing of the past I hopefully.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Advil
I'm sure that many of us are concerned with durability. Can this survive the so-so/average driver's repeated encounters with the wall?
Last Sunday evening the CVD's were fitted to a couple of cars racing at a local indoor track, where, if you're going to break something, this is where you'll break it. Both sets came through unscathed. I can't say that if you hit something hard you won't bend or break them, it would be a really foolish of me to say they would. All I can suggest is, don't hit the walls so often . I'm an engineer not a racer (tried it once many years ago, using my sons car, did less laps in 3 races than he did in 1 so went back to what I'm good at). We've just tried to make them as robust as possible.

HTH
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Last Sunday evening the CVD's were fitted to a couple of cars racing at a local indoor track, where, if you're going to break something, this is where you'll break it. Both sets came through unscathed. I can't say that if you hit something hard you won't bend or break them, it would be a really foolish of me to say they would. All I can suggest is, don't hit the walls so often . I'm an engineer not a racer (tried it once many years ago, using my sons car, did less laps in 3 races than he did in 1 so went back to what I'm good at). We've just tried to make them as robust as possible.

HTH
I think that reliability problem will be fine provided the parts can be bought separately if something gets damaged.

Any idea on what a pair will cost?

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.