R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

All i will say is it will be insane.
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk, England
Posts: 166
Default

Press release 1st August.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #18
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg View Post
I'm leaving regular updates on how the testing is going on Fans of Litemodz in groups on Facebook.
There are a lot more potential customers here than on facebook, it'd be a good idea to keep up with updates here too
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Default

Well I have bought from jon not too long ago and his customer service was impeccable.
wish you all the best with the business!!
chris_blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk, England
Posts: 166
Thumbs up

Ok, a quick resume of what happened last week whilst testing. Monday, discovered a few minor niggles. Quick change to the CNC machine program overnite, MK2 ready for testing Tuesday. Tuesday ran without a hitch, but some interesting things came to light. We couldn't believe how low the tire wear was, as we were running some very soft tires on a very hot track. Wednesday testing rained off (least ways I think it was Wednesday). Made some for an NT1 overnite so we could test both Electric and IC cars. Again no problems with the build and the wear rate on the tires was still fantastic. Over the weekend 2 drivers used them in one of our UK summer series. I know it sounds a bit boring but still no problems, we have been running the CVD's in their raw state but the production versions will be hard anodised. That's about it really, they work just like a 1:1 CVD. Have to say I've had a rather smug grin on my face for about a week now.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,244
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are these going to be made for xray only or will there be some for different brands?
__________________
Gorilla Size Racing

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I'm anxious to try these they look awesome.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk, England
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
Are these going to be made for xray only or will there be some for different brands?
Electric testing was one on an Mi4, Nitro on NT1. We will be pruducing for all the most popular makes, as we do at present with our current driveshaft/axle combinations.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Here is a pic from the Facebook page...

__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
JCarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dayton,OH
Posts: 1,244
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg View Post
Electric testing was one on an Mi4, Nitro on NT1. We will be pruducing for all the most popular makes, as we do at present with our current driveshaft/axle combinations.
Thanks for the quick reply, I look forward to trying some on my 416.
__________________
Gorilla Size Racing

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg View Post
Ok, a quick resume of what happened last week whilst testing. Monday, discovered a few minor niggles. Quick change to the CNC machine program overnite, MK2 ready for testing Tuesday. Tuesday ran without a hitch, but some interesting things came to light. We couldn't believe how low the tire wear was, as we were running some very soft tires on a very hot track. Wednesday testing rained off (least ways I think it was Wednesday). Made some for an NT1 overnite so we could test both Electric and IC cars. Again no problems with the build and the wear rate on the tires was still fantastic. Over the weekend 2 drivers used them in one of our UK summer series. I know it sounds a bit boring but still no problems, we have been running the CVD's in their raw state but the production versions will be hard anodised. That's about it really, they work just like a 1:1 CVD. Have to say I've had a rather smug grin on my face for about a week now.
I'm sure that many of us are concerned with durability. Can this survive the so-so/average driver's repeated encounters with the wall?
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Barbados
Posts: 214
Default

Don't forget us Associated TC5 guys when you go to production please. Product looks very interesting and promising.

Will there be a CV boot as well like full size CVs to protect the balls from excessive wear or binding if running on a dirty track? This would allow more grease to be packed in as well.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

Cant wait to try them for the Photon.

All the tolerence problems I had with TR products (not being able to get the axle shaft through the bearings)should be a thing of the past I hopefully.
__________________
Xray x11
Xray T3 011
darrenoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #29
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norfolk, England
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
I'm sure that many of us are concerned with durability. Can this survive the so-so/average driver's repeated encounters with the wall?
Last Sunday evening the CVD's were fitted to a couple of cars racing at a local indoor track, where, if you're going to break something, this is where you'll break it. Both sets came through unscathed. I can't say that if you hit something hard you won't bend or break them, it would be a really foolish of me to say they would. All I can suggest is, don't hit the walls so often . I'm an engineer not a racer (tried it once many years ago, using my sons car, did less laps in 3 races than he did in 1 so went back to what I'm good at). We've just tried to make them as robust as possible.

HTH
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg View Post
Last Sunday evening the CVD's were fitted to a couple of cars racing at a local indoor track, where, if you're going to break something, this is where you'll break it. Both sets came through unscathed. I can't say that if you hit something hard you won't bend or break them, it would be a really foolish of me to say they would. All I can suggest is, don't hit the walls so often . I'm an engineer not a racer (tried it once many years ago, using my sons car, did less laps in 3 races than he did in 1 so went back to what I'm good at). We've just tried to make them as robust as possible.

HTH
I think that reliability problem will be fine provided the parts can be bought separately if something gets damaged.

Any idea on what a pair will cost?

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net