Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little John
WoW i checked my bearings today and the first one i check is cracked
Just get the $1 Avids and be done with it. The stock hub bearings don't last. Mine came out in pieces also.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Little John
WoW i checked my bearings today and the first one i check is cracked
thats beacuse you need to stop hitting things! You coming to Leisure sunday?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
You guys are scaring me with all this hitting and breaking bearings stuff. I hit things all the time in offroad and never had a broken bearing as a result, and offroad is a lot dustier! LOL.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
You guys are scaring me with all this hitting and breaking bearings stuff. I hit things all the time in offroad and never had a broken bearing as a result, and offroad is a lot dustier! LOL.
Offroad barriers are traditionally much softer (black flexi pipe) and onroad (indoors or out) are usuallly hard boards. Offroad bearings usually have rubber seals, and onroad metal seals. Offroad wheels tend to flex more, too, lessening the shock.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Bearing Count

Is this correct?

4 5x8 Diffs
4 10x15 Diffs
2 4x8x3 Flanged Spur
2 4x7 Bellcrank
8 6x10 Hubs

20 total bearings

No actual kit is sold by Avid, yet, but If I wanted to created a full set for $20, this would be it.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
I know im still working on that!!! And yes i will be there.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Just get the $1 Avids and be done with it. The stock hub bearings don't last. Mine came out in pieces also.
Already did
Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sent David (Avid RC) an email to see if he can develope a bearing kit for guys who would like to order replacement bearings for TC6. Seeing all the bearing failures, looks like I'll be ordering a set quickly and haven't even began to build the car.....
cwoods34:Thanks for the assistance and performance feedback of on track experience.
olly986: Appreciate the AE website info, will head over there and download/compare setting with available team posts. Any particular one you've tried that works well?

David of (AvidRC) is puting a kit together now to list on www.avidrc.com, to make it easier to order and replace bearings for this kit. Hope to post a link soon.

Last edited by rangerjkb; 09-20-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: updated AVIDRC information
Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default My experience with this kit has been a joke

First of all I have been a loyal Associated customer for MANY MANY MANY years and every RC car I ever ran was Associated. My experience with my new TC6 kit has been a total joke. I have stopped building the car now for the 4th time because once again there are screws missing and once again it will be off to the hobby shop to order more parts and wait days to get them. The kit is new, has never been opened but I continue to find screws missing from sealed packages. What is more frustrating then to sit down and start building only to find parts missing so you have to stop building....try doing that four times and counting.

And two of the hinge pins are bent so the suspension arms bind and I have CVA bone/axle assembly that no matter what I do binds.

I hope everyones experience with this kit has been better then mine.

Yes I contacted Associated but I need to find the receipt scan andemail it or fax it yada yada yada.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just placed an order with Avid yesterday... hoping to get them by Friday so I can install them for this weekend.

At $1 a piece, I picked up 3 full sets for the front/rear hubs. They are cheaper than the replacement AE bearings. My hope is they are much more durable as well. I have heard good things about the Avid bearings and at this price, it isnt a big hit to the wallet if they dont hold up. I couldnt quite stomach the $100 price tage for Boca/Acer ceramics.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailblazer04
First of all I have been a loyal Associated customer for MANY MANY MANY years and every RC car I ever ran was Associated. My experience with my new TC6 kit has been a total joke. I have stopped building the car now for the 4th time because once again there are screws missing and once again it will be off to the hobby shop to order more parts and wait days to get them. The kit is new, has never been opened but I continue to find screws missing from sealed packages. What is more frustrating then to sit down and start building only to find parts missing so you have to stop building....try doing that four times and counting.

And two of the hinge pins are bent so the suspension arms bind and I have CVA bone/axle assembly that no matter what I do binds.

Yes I contacted Associated but I need to find the receipt scan andemail it or fax it yada yada yada.

Have you opened up and looked thru the other bags in your kit? I found a few misplaced screws in mine... at first I thought I was going to have to order/purchase the missing units, but I found everything I needed.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Have you opened up and looked thru the other bags in your kit? I found a few misplaced screws in mine... at first I thought I was going to have to order/purchase the missing units, but I found everything I needed.

Yes I did that when I first discovered missing screws so it has been a matter of taking from one bag to fix a missing screw problem so when I get to the next stage I am missings screws because I took them for an earlier step. This has been the most frustrating build I have ever experienced, if this car ever gets finished I don't think I will ever enjoy it because of the ridiculous problems. I am afraid to see what problems comes up next.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Yes I did that when I first discovered missing screws so it has been a matter of taking from one bag to fix a missing screw problem so when I get to the next stage I am missings screws because I took them for an earlier step. This has been the most frustrating build I have ever experienced, if this car ever gets finished I don't think I will ever enjoy it because of the ridiculous problems. I am afraid to see what problems comes up next.
Not defending no one, missing parts are unforgiven. But don't they sell screws around there in any other shop? Since you race for many years you don't have any spare screws laying around your house. Sorry once again, not defending any one, but i don't think missing screws could ever be that frustrated or even let you days waiting for them.

If you need some help, i could try to help you with support, and I'm pretty sure your gonna enjoy the car.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

AvidRC has a listed replacement FLex Kit available, to make it easier to order. Several bearing types are listed "out of stock" and are being replenished today. Thanks David, for putting this together quickly and assisting racers! Link to AvidRC Flex kit: http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=341&kitname=TC6
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Same experience I had. Hopefully when you start attaching things to the chassis bottom plate the screws fit flush. I had to countersink almost every screw hole AND use RC Screws stainless screws to get the bottom of the chassis smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.