Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer_hh
does anybody know what springs are included in the TC6.1 FT kit not the WC.
I think the manual is not correct with green / silver - all look the same only blank silver.
It seems they are a bit soft on my indoor carpet track.
Do you recomment to order the spring set AE offers - to play arround
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...88/3988_md.jpg

or is there a better spring set that fits from X-Ray or any other vendor?
Yokomo Springs! Check the winning setup from ATS and ETS
Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Or reflex racing springs
Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

or is there a better spring set that fits from X-Ray or any other vendor?[/quote]

There are other springs from Christian on this website as well. Get them all.
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-TC6-...g-Set_p_9.html
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
I think you have everything right then, I was just going through "duh" stuff. Have you tried emptying the diff halves and putting them on a flat surface to see if they are warped or something?
The diff halves are not warped or deformed in any way.

I think i fixed the diff.
I opened it, removed the planetary gears and closed it. The diff was perfectly sealed.
I reopend it, installed the planetary gears and closed it. Now the diff is sealed, much better than before.
Probably the gaskets had to soften up a bit before letting the diff close propertly.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mysterious
I've changed nothing on my setup & not crashed but now my car when accelerating into/out of RIGHT hand turns spins out like its on ice... the rear whips around uncontrollably. Turning left it holds great. What could be wrong?
Have you changed tires? One might be separating from the rim. Make sure all 4 shocks feel the same and check for binding when you compress each corner.
Make sure all screws are tight. One last thing is make sure you don't have a bad wheel bearing. All these things can cause your problem without obvious crash related damage. Oh yeah, make sure your droop is equall from right to left or the chassis has tweaked.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aittam
The diff halves are not warped or deformed in any way.

I think i fixed the diff.
I opened it, removed the planetary gears and closed it. The diff was perfectly sealed.
I reopend it, installed the planetary gears and closed it. Now the diff is sealed, much better than before.
Probably the gaskets had to soften up a bit before letting the diff close propertly.
The gears might not have been meshed with each other as well. I tend to rotate the out drives slightly while closing the two halves to be sure they align properly.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer_hh
does anybody know what springs are included in the TC6.1 FT kit not the WC.
I think the manual is not correct with green / silver - all look the same only blank silver.
It seems they are a bit soft on my indoor carpet track.
Do you recomment to order the spring set AE offers - to play arround
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...88/3988_md.jpg

or is there a better spring set that fits from X-Ray or any other vendor?
The 6.1 team kit comes with silver springs for all 4 corners. I would recommend the Reflex spring set. I also found that the K Factory springs for the TM E4 fit as well. They have a few different sets.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Resqnu
This is my first TC and must say it exceeds my expectations. I have only run it in the street so far, but this car is a blast! Can't wait to try it out on a road track. I really enjoyed the build and painting the TC body. Thought I would share a few pics.

Nice paint work. It looks a lot like the one in RCCA August 2012.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Nice paint work. It looks a lot like the one in RCCA August 2012.
Thanks. I saw the car in RCCA and loved the paint job. I'm sure mine is nowhere near the quality paint job of that car, and not trying to take anything away from it. Just loved the colors and scheme. I was already using the same colors as they are easy to see, but my next will be different.
My hat is off to the driver and painter...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

I noticed that when I'm on the throttle and turning the car full right or full left, the wheels vibrate like crazy. I'm guessing this is the drive joints. Is this what the dual cardan joint takes care of for me? If I order the joints from Reflex Racing, what else is there that I will need?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I noticed that when I'm on the throttle and turning the car full right or full left, the wheels vibrate like crazy. I'm guessing this is the drive joints. Is this what the dual cardan joint takes care of for me? If I order the joints from Reflex Racing, what else is there that I will need?
Yes if you running the std kit CVD's and a spool upfront that is normal, fitting teh DCJ's will eliminate that
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone run the shocks (apart from springs) as per manual? I built my car only last week and have found the shocks really painful to use. I don't mean to be negative, but I had some serious stiction straight away. I'm guessing that the 2 hole pistons are for carpet. Like most others I have read, I found it almost impossible to get zero rebound and there's no bleed holes on the shock caps... I feel like such a noob with these shocks! What's the secret? I love the car, just struggling a little with the suspension. I have bought the rsd options - hopefully that will help. I have drilled holes in the shock caps, replaced pistons, replaced o rings and bladders. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Good morning guys - after a long hiatus from driving, I took the plunge and ordered a 6.1 Worlds kit to get back into TC. I'll be running on med grip, med size asphalt track. Blinky 17.5 to start. Can anyone point me to a setup to use during the build to get me started? There are some on the AE site - any of those a good start?

Thanks for any info. Excited about running TC again. Take care.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markg
Good morning guys - after a long hiatus from driving, I took the plunge and ordered a 6.1 Worlds kit to get back into TC. I'll be running on med grip, med size asphalt track. Blinky 17.5 to start. Can anyone point me to a setup to use during the build to get me started? There are some on the AE site - any of those a good start?

Thanks for any info. Excited about running TC again. Take care.
Try the Mike Haynes setup to start out with. Everyone seems to think it's a good starting point.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Cool - thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.