Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys kind of new to the tc world i have a question involving set up. Im racing on a slightly bumby track itwas ounce a tennis court converted to a nice track and my car seems to have way to much push in corners running 40 wt shock oil silver springs black roll bars 1.5 front 1.0 rear camber 2.5 toe rear 0.5 toe in front 2b roll centers. what would be the best soulution have ideas but still a novice
Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mesa80
hey guys kind of new to the tc world i have a question involving set up. Im racing on a slightly bumby track itwas ounce a tennis court converted to a nice track and my car seems to have way to much push in corners running 40 wt shock oil silver springs black roll bars 1.5 front 1.0 rear camber 2.5 toe rear 0.5 toe in front 2b roll centers. what would be the best soulution have ideas but still a novice
Check out some of the setup sheets on Associated's site. No guarantee that any one driver's setup will work for you but you may see some trends based on the types of tracks they are driving on. Secondly, have you checked what the locals are doing? It may simply be the wrong tire or wrong tire prep for that track. The reason I say this is I've tried a number of setups on my TC6 and none of them had problems with a push.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cwoods34
With a ReVtech motor and Trinity/Epic pinions, I didn't need to extend the flat spot on the shaft. They are shorter than the other brands of pinions I have. Keep that in mind plus the gold looks badass.

On low traction, I usually find softer springs with low roll centers to make the best grip, along with 2 gear diffs..... think 0B or 3A all around, with silver/green. Some guys are running blue/green here to keep the car a bit flatter, with about 2mm uptravel/droop all around. Gold/silver is a pretty stiff combination......

My friend has a "point and shoot" driving style, and he is typically as fast as me. He always makes a ton of grip on low bite (where as I'm usually faster on high bite). This is because all of his high-speed driving is in a straight line. I think he's running 1B/0B front, 1B/1B rear with 14.5/13.5 springs...... he likes a spool up front. Might be worth a shot......
Were the trinity pinions 48 or 64 pitch, or both. Also, where did you purchase them?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by frenchchris
Good evening

yesterday i want to my local track to end the setting of my new tc6

i run a low grip track n the car was really amazing
i use the down arm holes

i replace the plastic spacer fittings arms by the alloy spacers the car is really more pleasant on track

i run a ztw 120 A with xerun 4.5T
24 / 87 on 48 dp

here after some pics of my car
good evening

Hi

Where did you get the metal spacers from?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Hi

They are 12r5 front bulkhead shims. Part #asc4617
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Hi

personnally i use the asso part
aluminium ballstub washer in this pack 4 two mm + 4 x ONE millimeter washer
asso ref 31286

for low grip you can notice that i use the steering blocks on reverse way like they are now on the tc6.1
i use same washer to keep the steering turnbuckle as flat as possible
washer are under the ballstud on the bellcrank
can sent you pictures if needed

hope this can be helpfull
have a nice day
Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, pix pls!!!

Originally Posted by frenchchris
personnally i use the asso part
for low grip you can notice that i use the steering blocks on reverse way like they are now on the tc6.1
i use same washer to keep the steering turnbuckle as flat as possible
washer are under the ballstud on the bellcrank
can sent you pictures if needed

hope this can be helpfull
have a nice day
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check out some of the setup sheets on Associated's site. No guarantee that any one driver's setup will work for you but you may see some trends based on the types of tracks they are driving on. Secondly, have you checked what the locals are doing? It may simply be the wrong tire or wrong tire prep for that track. The reason I say this is I've tried a number of setups on my TC6 and none of them had problems with a push.

Good luck.
ive basically printed every set up sheet i can find to study sey ups . Yesterday when practicing i wasnt running any tire treatment i started with sorex 28 and were worse then my hpi 30 but still had pushbutb was better when i switched. wasnt sure if i adjusted roll centers if would help also checked my camber last night and was noy equal side to side.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnthonyN
Were the trinity pinions 48 or 64 pitch, or both. Also, where did you purchase them?
64-pitch..... the LHS stocks them

If you can't get them locally, you can order straight from Trinity's site. I haven't checked other sites yet. OR talk to EAMotorsports...... he typically has Trinity stuff on him, or can get it in for you.

Even if you don't use or aren't allowed a tire prep, it would help a lot to at least clean the tires every run.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Try to run your roll centers lower than 2b (assuming you have 7 front and 3A Rear on camber position), try 0b all around or 0b Front and 1b Rear. Hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
Try to run your roll centers lower than 2b (assuming you have 7 front and 3A Rear on camber position), try 0b all around or 0b Front and 1b Rear. Hope this helps.
I would also try 2* rear camber, maybe go down to 1* front with 4* caster blocks......

I've had luck with 3A front/0B rear mounts on low grip, also.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

after work wensday i'll try out the new set up sugestions and report back my findings thanks for help. Also how many of youguys are planning on buying the new 6.1 mines on back order planning on building a modified class tc. Im also running the tekin pro but thinking about going with the new orion pro any suggestions in reguards to performance and tunability between the two cause really like tekin but then agian havent ever tried other hot brands
Old 12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TC6.1 new packing box
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-ass-30107-tc6-1.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

after work wensday i'll try out the new set up sugestions and report back my findings thanks for help. Also how many of youguys are planning on buying the new 6.1 mines on back order planning on building a modified class tc. Im also running the tekin pro but thinking about going with the new orion pro any suggestions in reguards to performance and tunability between the two cause really like tekin but then agian havent ever tried other hot brands
if you go for a mod car, Tekin RSpro is top, but I would consider the new to be released Hobbywing V3 or Novak Kinetic.

regarding your setup, if the track has a long straight or is fast, run 1 degree of toe out on front,
Old 12-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

o wat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.