R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #10216
Regional Moderator
 
nitrous36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,030
Default

Question about setting ride height.

Because the weight distribution is different at all four corners, each shock's adjustment will be different.

Wouldnt that have adverse effects on the handling as the stiffness is a little different for each shock?

I always wondered this.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #10217
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Posts: 2,903
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36 View Post
Question about setting ride height.

Because the weight distribution is different at all four corners, each shock's adjustment will be different.

Wouldnt that have adverse effects on the handling as the stiffness is a little different for each shock?

I always wondered this.
Technically no problem, because the spring force to weight ratio is similar in the end. If it bothers you, you could shoot for same weight L-R.
__________________
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
30Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #10218
Regional Moderator
 
nitrous36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
Technically no problem, because the spring force to weight ratio is similar in the end. If it bothers you, you could shoot for same weight L-R.
Thanks for clearing that up.

This thread really died off. Did everyone retire their 6.1s and forget about it when the 6.2 came out?

Wish I had the money to buy a new chassis every time one came out.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 AM   #10219
Tech Fanatic
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 829
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.

This thread really died off. Did everyone retire their 6.1s and forget about it when the 6.2 came out?

Wish I had the money to buy a new chassis every time one came out.
Honestly, seeing as how on the 6.2 everyone is having to switch out steering arms and other suspension components to make the car "right" and "more drivable" I'm glad I stuck with my original TC6.

I'm getting ready to sell it and concentrate on 1/12, but I love the car. If I was going to stick with TC I don't believe I would have any problem being competitive with the latest model TCs.
__________________
www.MBRSpeedShop.com - indoor carpet onroad and offroad racing in Roanoke, VA
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #10220
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Posts: 2,903
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Honestly, seeing as how on the 6.2 everyone is having to switch out steering arms and other suspension components to make the car "right" and "more drivable" I'm glad I stuck with my original TC6.

I'm getting ready to sell it and concentrate on 1/12, but I love the car. If I was going to stick with TC I don't believe I would have any problem being competitive with the latest model TCs.
Me too, I got a TC6 with rear gear diff and another roller for spares in a trade, I am good for years.
__________________
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
30Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #10221
Tech Fanatic
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me why I am having such a hard time selling my TC6.1 Worlds car?
__________________
Team Associated - Sc 10.2 - B 4.2 - T 4.1 - Sc 10 4x4
Tekin - Reedy - Trinity - Savox
Sponsors - My own shallow pocket
Mperdue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #10222
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperdue77 View Post
Can anyone tell me why I am having such a hard time selling my TC6.1 Worlds car?
How much are you trying to get for it? The TC6.2 is a superior car to the 6.1.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #10223
Tech Fanatic
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
How much are you trying to get for it? The TC6.2 is a superior car to the 6.1.
$250 with a trinity D3.5 motor, Futaba S9551 servo, Spektrum Sr301 receiver, and an extra set of tires. Plus mine is a Worlds 6.1 so not a huge difference to the 6.2
__________________
Team Associated - Sc 10.2 - B 4.2 - T 4.1 - Sc 10 4x4
Tekin - Reedy - Trinity - Savox
Sponsors - My own shallow pocket
Mperdue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #10224
Tech Elite
 
JEFFs SC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orlandooooo, Fl
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Send me pics of your world's please.

4074483353
__________________
XRAY 2017 T4
CRC Gen X SE- 17.5 GT
Xray X12-17' GT12
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #10225
Tech Fanatic
 
Mperdue77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 766
Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
Send me pics of your world's please.

4074483353
Pics sent
__________________
Team Associated - Sc 10.2 - B 4.2 - T 4.1 - Sc 10 4x4
Tekin - Reedy - Trinity - Savox
Sponsors - My own shallow pocket
Mperdue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #10226
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: lexington sc
Posts: 133
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hello all im a total newb to this on road racing thing and happened to get a good deal on a 6.1 just got done tearing it down and going through it like i always do its a habit i picked up from racing offroad for the last 10 years or so. i see alot of you use rsd shocks what makes them better?... also i plan on using this car for VTA on a med/high grip carpet any good pointers would be helpfull as well.
also my front shock were replaced by tamiya m05 shocks my some one who know could tell me why as well
swaswick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #10227
Tech Elite
 
2056dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default 6.2

i have a 6.2 and im wondering who makes a low friction belt for the front of the car
__________________
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #10228
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaswick23 View Post
hello all im a total newb to this on road racing thing and happened to get a good deal on a 6.1 just got done tearing it down and going through it like i always do its a habit i picked up from racing offroad for the last 10 years or so. i see alot of you use rsd shocks what makes them better?... also i plan on using this car for VTA on a med/high grip carpet any good pointers would be helpfull as well.
also my front shock were replaced by tamiya m05 shocks my some one who know could tell me why as well
Many TC6.x racers prefer the RSD shock upgrade parts. Primarily their bladders and pistons.They are a direct fit to the stock shocks and will help to produce a more predictable performance.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #10229
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,652
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
i have a 6.2 and im wondering who makes a low friction belt for the front of the car
The belt I have been using with great success is the Yokomo BD5 front belt.

Part numbers:
Rear: Hot Bodies 68704 for the TCX
Mid/Front: Yokomo BD-516L for the BD5 and BD7
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #10230
Tech Elite
 
2056dennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default belts

thank you YO DOG
__________________
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28963 07-28-2017 05:20 AM
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13254 05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Team Associated TC6 KostaG Electric On-Road 8 07-04-2010 11:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net