Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also for low grip asphalt the top deck could be made a little more flexible. I had a good look over a couple of TC6's and thought they were a very big improvement over the TC5.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Motors that are rather square cannot be moved all the way back for motor meshing, can be worked around by using a larger spur gear. The steering crank fouls on the stop deck before it hits left steering lock. Could probably be worked around by EPA's.

Maybe AE will release a blue velcro strap *hint hint* I'm not a fan of tape, and I saw a Photon with the strap so I thought I'd use it to. I posted a link earlier to where I got mine from.

I would double check your tie rod lengths and make sure you are starting with your steering rack at a 90 deg angle to the top deck.
My car goes lock to lock in both directions in any ackerman location.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
I would double check your tie rod lengths and make sure you are starting with your steering rack at a 90 deg angle to the top deck.
My car goes lock to lock in both directions in any ackerman location.
Mine too
Old 11-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Also for low grip asphalt the top deck could be made a little more flexible. I had a good look over a couple of TC6's and thought they were a very big improvement over the TC5.
They are a huge improvment.. Chassis flex is over rated and there would be no reason if you really have to do the same as the chassis flex idea that is on the tc5r. Countersunk washers and o rings and turn the top deck over and use the other side... Can be done
Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Motors that are rather square cannot be moved all the way back for motor meshing, can be worked around by using a larger spur gear. The steering crank fouls on the stop deck before it hits left steering lock. Could probably be worked around by EPA's.

Maybe AE will release a blue velcro strap *hint hint* I'm not a fan of tape, and I saw a Photon with the strap so I thought I'd use it to. I posted a link earlier to where I got mine from.
You might have to Stengel a bit off the top deck. Most cars of this design have this problem.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanted to prepare my TC6 for the LRP-HPI-Challenge. I put it on the scale and was surprised. It is with all my equipment and a 290g Lipo just 1,275 Kg...

@Scooter79rs: how much weight did you put in your car and what weight limit did you have for the race?

I have to push my car to the 1400grams limit for the challenge, but I don't know where to put the weight... (I can make little weight skyscrapers on the chassis )
Old 11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
As the TC6 was designed on high grip asphalt tracks, it can use a thinner top deck imo. Watching Darrin's car over the weekend it was only going faster and faster.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Scooter,

A good wiring job will get you a gain of about .5sec a lap
Old 11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, I just found a way to implement 125 grams of weight in my car. The weight shown in the picture is actually in the car. Can you find it...

Edit: Forget the wiring job, I just ordered some plugs to shorten all the cables...
Old 11-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
Ok, I just found a way to implement 125 grams of weight in my car. The weight shown in the picture is actually in the car. Can you find it...

Edit: Forget the wiring job, I just ordered some plugs to shorten all the cables...
Either stuck behind the lipo or down the centre of the car
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink

Under the top deck???
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MENTAL DENTAL
Under the top deck???
Yuck, that would surely NOT be my first option.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys.

So for the top deck and square motors all you have to do is remove a little from the underside of the top deck @ 45 deg following the curve of the motor. About 2mm is all you need. I can now go down to a 116/23 so that a ratio of around 10.09 so plenty. Not really a big issue. It also depends on what motor you are running and track layout as always.

Weight Wise I would suggest keeping the weight as close to the bottom deck as possible. There are a few countrersunk holes that can carry the HUDY style weights. 125 grams seems a lot? Mine is 1350 without the body and 1400 with it I then run 25 grams of weight.

Scooter your servo seems to be quite deep? looks like your steering arm is at around a 30deg angle. Have you tried to turn the servo mounts 180degrees so the servo ears mount towards the outside of the car? I know this will place the servo further out but this may also help with weight distrobution, I know Paul lemoix likes his cars like this. Failing that I run a 9551 and its perfect.
Also if you are having dificulty with the placement of the fan and the top deck you can re-jig your electrics. I would suggest mounting your receiver ontop of your servo (no there is no issue in weight etc) move your speedie further down and then you can flip the heatsink around 180 degrees. I did this on my xray and it worked perfectly.

As for flex in the top deck. I found that removing the front 2 and middle 2 (before the last 2 screw and after the lay shaft )counter sink screws helped on low grip ashphalt. Just make sure that the top deck doesn't rub/bind on the bulkheads at the ends.

AE velcro strap, yes please, though you could buy a TOP blue one and scratch the TOP off it lol

Last edited by xray09ACT; 11-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

under the lipo?

ed
Old 11-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

hm.

with body, tires you need 125g?

Awesome ...

Put weight in center line if you can and made 50/50 rear/front axle when
car is ready to run
m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.