Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R Gear diff review

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi they are the new gaskets and Xring's for the shafts.. it only leaks at the pulley.. cross tightened and also sanded.. followed the instructions on the youtube vid from spec r.. bigger shims 0.2 used..
Old 03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos
Hi they are the new gaskets and Xring's for the shafts.. it only leaks at the pulley.. cross tightened and also sanded.. followed the instructions on the youtube vid from spec r.. bigger shims 0.2 used..
Sounds like your just over filling it you only need to fill it up to just below the plastic T
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by warnos
Like JasonC says - if everything else is okay, you are probably using to much oil.

But it is normal for it to leak a little for the first couple of runs.

Regarding the shims, I can't say if it better, as I have only used the standard shims provided with the geardiff, and my diffs work great.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

also have that problem, mine is for a tcx with the green gasket. sanded the gears and tightened it in x pattern but still leaking in the pulley. not overfilling it either since everything is ok the first 3 laps then kaboom, no oil. all is spilled in the chassis. any help guys? will i need to get a new set? please wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality pageplease wait 2 seconds for an uncompressed image, or press Ctrl+F5 for original quality page
Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hay guys and gals, do you know if any spec r diffs fit my tamiya 415?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there I have just bought the spec r diff for my X-ray T3. I was wondering what is the difference between the stock diff gaskets that come with the set and the green version 2 diff gaskets? What does it mean that they are matched with 0.2 mm internal shim?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
hay guys and gals, do you know if any spec r diffs fit my tamiya 415?
Chek this out! (Last post)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...f415-1396.html

Greetz Blueman
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sanding the gears ?

I have e question about (how much) sanding the gears from the Spec R diffs?

I build one for the 416, and one for the TB03, and only had a used 1000 sanding paper for polishing/sanding the gears.

I builded them up per instructions, and think that the gear mesh is to thigt.

With wich kind of sanding paper, or other stuff did you guys sanded/polished the gears, and how much?

BTW. i filled both with 1000 oil.

Greetings Blueman
Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
With wich kind of sanding paper, or other stuff did you guys sanded/polished the gears, and how much?
I use 600 sanding paper.
The gears do need quite a lot of sanding to get the geardiff silky smooth. If you can feel the gears / the teeth when the geardiff is assembled and you turn it by hand, then it needs more sanding.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nilks
I use 600 sanding paper.
The gears do need quite a lot of sanding to get the geardiff silky smooth. If you can feel the gears / the teeth when the geardiff is assembled and you turn it by hand, then it needs more sanding.
I will build my new spec r diff tomorrow for my T3. what do you mean by feeling the gears / the teeth?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chubba
I will build my new spec r diff tomorrow for my T3. what do you mean by feeling the gears / the teeth?
It is hard to explain (especially when english is not my first language), but when you turn the outdrives, it has to feel silky smooth. If you can feel the gear-teeth touching when you turn the outdrives, then it needs more sanding. It can take a couple of tries.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

It is hard to explain (especially when english is not my first language), but when you turn the outdrives, it has to feel silky smooth. If you can feel the gear-teeth touching when you turn the outdrives, then it needs more sanding. It can take a couple of tries.
Thanks for your explanation. You only sand the rear of the gears right. and also what is the shims adjustment for?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chubba
Thanks for your explanation. You only sand the rear of the gears right. and also what is the shims adjustment for?
Yes - Only the back of the gears. If you don't sand the back enough, they will sit too close and be too tight.
I can't answer you on the shims question. I just use the stock shims and my diffs work great.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Yes - Only the back of the gears. If you don't sand the back enough, they will sit too close and be too tight.
I can't answer you on the shims question. I just use the stock shims and my diffs work great.

Do you only sand the back of the outdrive gears or also the smaler "cross" geasrs? or both the same way?

Thx for the info!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
Do you only sand the back of the outdrive gears or also the smaler "cross" geasrs? or both the same way?

Thx for the info!
I sand all the gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.