Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by anthony390
actualy it did

and well i herd about cutting teeth off but ya i wasnt really interested it that method

maybe i can do some chores and get some money to buy a black belt kit...by the way how much is it?
According to the Team Losi's website the price for the black belt kit is $19.95.
here's the link and it's also explains what the belt does and also showed a diffrent belt kit for xxx4 ..

hope that help..
Old 01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilDriver
According to the Team Losi's website the price for the black belt kit is $19.95.
here's the link and it's also explains what the belt does and also showed a diffrent belt kit for xxx4 ..

hope that help..

i see so anyway thanks for all the help
Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default carpet setup

Hi,
Just found this site, looks awesome. does anyone have a good baseline setup for ozite? I'm running foam 19t (speedmind 35/55 hybrids front, 35 rear, seems to be what is the most common at the track) smooth track, fairly open. thanks

Scott
xxx-sg+
Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 AM
PDI
Tech Rookie

For those of you looking for a graphite chassis you cant beat $29.99. Came across this looking for other parts and had to order one.
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...ookup=LOSA9918

Last edited by PDI; 01-07-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PDI
For those of you looking for a graphite chassis you can beat $29.99. Came across this looking for other parts and had to order one.
http://www.southeastrc.com/Items/Std...ookup=LOSA9918

did that used to cost 54,9500

Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

xxxkat

JUST GOT IT

thanks so much

(now i can drive my car )
Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ahhh....

just imagine the all new XXX-Scf+. It has the XXX-S drivetrain with cf upper deck and chassis. Long aluminum two peice bulkheads, upper deck, cf rear stand offs like the T2 and JRX-S shocks. What a simple and affective design. Add the ability to move the standoffs in or out to adjust the chassis flex. That would be something new if Xray already has a patent on the upper deck. Yea...it will look like the others, but Xray did what I have always suggested. They took some of the best features from other cars and added them all into one. Now, they are laughing it all the way to the bank. When is Losi going to listen? The JRX-S less popular than a TC4. The XXX-S drivetrain was perfect and with a cnc groove down the center so that the belt won't drag. Perfect! Who wants one?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
just imagine the all new XXX-Scf+. It has the XXX-S drivetrain with cf upper deck and chassis. Long aluminum two peice bulkheads, upper deck, cf rear stand offs like the T2 and JRX-S shocks. What a simple and affective design. Add the ability to move the standoffs in or out to adjust the chassis flex. That would be something new if Xray already has a patent on the upper deck. Yea...it will look like the others, but Xray did what I have always suggested. They took some of the best features from other cars and added them all into one. Now, they are laughing it all the way to the bank. When is Losi going to listen? The JRX-S less popular than a TC4. The XXX-S drivetrain was perfect and with a cnc groove down the center so that the belt won't drag. Perfect! Who wants one?
T2 is pretty nice looking... but I liked it better when Tamiya released it in blue.

The XXXs drivetrain was no where nearperfect. My JRXS spins as well as most TC4's Iv held.

JRXS is a very bold design that says "we are looking for better and faster designs". The XXXS was a fantastic chassis in 2000 when it came out.. and it took a few years for the competition to copy it, market it as their own and do well with it. Rather than sit back and let the rest fo the world come out with chassis that looked similar.. they gave us the JRXS.

In the month i have been driving the car, i have learned a bit about it. I think the car is dialed and every bit as competetive as others. It can be "fineky" in that you actually have to be on your toes with the setup (i found this out last weekend)... but once its close it will run the laps you need it to.

Losi is the hardest working team in this. They are constantly trying new ideas and theorys.

as far as popularity... i think it is quite popular. You have to remember that in 2000 there were only a few mainstreame chassis... now we have MANY.

KB
Old 01-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Does having a tc with the most free spin make it the best?

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
T2 is pretty nice looking... but I liked it better when Tamiya released it in blue.

The XXXs drivetrain was no where nearperfect. My JRXS spins as well as most TC4's Iv held.

JRXS is a very bold design that says "we are looking for better and faster designs". The XXXS was a fantastic chassis in 2000 when it came out.. and it took a few years for the competition to copy it, market it as their own and do well with it. Rather than sit back and let the rest fo the world come out with chassis that looked similar.. they gave us the JRXS.

In the month i have been driving the car, i have learned a bit about it. I think the car is dialed and every bit as competetive as others. It can be "fineky" in that you actually have to be on your toes with the setup (i found this out last weekend)... but once its close it will run the laps you need it to.

Losi is the hardest working team in this. They are constantly trying new ideas and theorys.

as far as popularity... i think it is quite popular. You have to remember that in 2000 there were only a few mainstreame chassis... now we have MANY.

KB
The XXX-S drive train is free enough and it's close to anything out there. Most of it has to do with rotating mass and if the bearings are greased or not. Some companies use grease, some don't. I'm sure Losi could make the drive train even better. I would rather have a simple design like what I mentioned, rather than have a second longer free spin. Not to mention the XXX-S has the lightest rotational mass of any drivetrain.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

The XXX-S is still a competitive car to drive with. At my track in Expert Stock, im racing against mostly RDX FK05, one JRXS and I finished 3rd and 2 RDX ahead of me. My setup is working great for me. Run the car for about 3 years, and I'm still faster than most cars too. Just keep your bearings clean and have a great setup. This old school car can still keep up with the new ones I love this car and its so easy to work on. I dont know if anyone wants to look at my setup and if you want to try it out I'll post it up on here.

Chris
Old 01-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

my step-dad has a new TC4
with the same motor pinion/spur gearing i have and i still will
and were about evenly matched,

he even has foams
and all i have are HPI slicks
Old 01-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Agreed!

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
The XXX-S is still a competitive car to drive with. At my track in Expert Stock, im racing against mostly RDX FK05, one JRXS and I finished 3rd and 2 RDX ahead of me. My setup is working great for me. Run the car for about 3 years, and I'm still faster than most cars too. Just keep your bearings clean and have a great setup. This old school car can still keep up with the new ones I love this car and its so easy to work on. I dont know if anyone wants to look at my setup and if you want to try it out I'll post it up on here.

Chris
I'm sure this will happen soon enough. All depending on when Losi will swallow their pride. I think everyone will agree that the XXX-S so easy to drive. I just want my company back, that's all.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default couldn't find any speed.

been out of rc for 5 years. First time racing my xxxs (non-graphite)
last week in 19T and I couldn't find any speed at any part of the track.
Was using IB3800, Novak GTX, Reedy 19T spec with stock spring and
stock brush. I tried gearing from 22/90 to 29/90, tire dia was 58mm...
none of them worked.. I was being blown away by others at the straight.

I simply couldn't figure out what was wrong. I am new to 3800, 19T and
all. Was pretty successful with 2000 cells, street weapon many years ago.

What could be the problem? The 3800 was non-matched from maxamp.com.
I changed the motor spring to the red and green one, it helped a little bit but still way down on speed.

Was never ever been so out of a race. Do I need a new car?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Maybe you have a hung up brush...

or your gearings wrong. Top end should have nothing to do with the XXX-S. What about proper belt tention or a bearing that's locked up? The thing about the stock plastic XXX-S is that it is heavy comparted to other TCs. I recommend lightening it up with a molded graphite kit, ti screws/tie rods/hinge pins/ball studs. Also gearing the IB 3800 cells differnt than GP cells. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by RCknight; 01-15-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks. yeah, I just didn't think the weight made that much of a
difference... about 4 seconds a lap... I put 1 second on my rusty skills...
1 second on setup..
still 2 seconds on top and bottom end from the motor/gearing
I almost think it's my new GTX esc. I am going to check the output
voltage.

It it's weight... means I need a new car. This is a car I bought 5 years ago
when it first came out without graphite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.