Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Battery fittage

One thing I did with xxx-s is raise the battery mounting posts up
with washers.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I'll stick to the gp3300 for this car & the XXX4 for awile.
I'll run the IB3800's it the MF2 & BK2.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default XXX-S and ROAR Nationals

I entered my XXX-S G+ in the Master class at the ROAR Nationals in Tampa last week. I searched all the pit areas, I did not see a single other XXX-S the only Losi cars I Saw were the JXRS. I may have missed one in one of the little trailers or tents but I looked real hard caus I was hoping to get some set up advice, I never found another one.

What is weird is that the one big race we had in Colorado this year, the Fall Classic, the stock class was won by a 50 year old guy driving an XXX-S G+ with a front diff.

So it seems the XXX-S is still competitive, but not no longer at the national level.

Since diving skill is my limiting factor the car is more than adequate for me.
Any advantage the JXRS might have is wasted on me.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default imjonah...

the XXX-S is a fine car. It's the next marketing hype. The problem is new batteries will not fit in the car. Since Losi will continue to market the XXX-S in rtr kits, I would think the would continue to update the car. All those poor people buying the rtr can't use new loose made batteries packs.

Anyone know if 3800 STICK packs will fit into the XXX-S without mods?

I hope Losi will continue to keep the XXX-S around and update it. It's the best belted car for dirty tracks and street bashing.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

THey use the same mold for the XXX-4 and just add one piece to it at the rear end to langthen it for this vehicle. So I would assume they would change the battery mount to accomidate the new cells, even though I thought the 3300's were already at MAX diameter for the cell, guess not.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tthomas...

I'm not sure I'm following. Do you mean that the 3800s fit in the XXX-4 and they whould fit in the XXX-S or do you have to buy the XXX-4 chassis to replace the XXX-S chassis? Thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

The new IB's do not fit the chassis of the XXXs at all. The GP3300 was a larger cell also. They did not fit the Losi car very good either.

The IB3600 fit the car perfect.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
The new IB's do not fit the chassis of the XXXs at all. The GP3300 was a larger cell also. They did not fit the Losi car very good either.

The IB3600 fit the car perfect.
I know the GP3300's do fit the XXX-4 and XXX-S flush on the bottom, so no modifications are needed unless you run additional shrink wrap on the cells. With just the MFG shrink wraps, they fit.

Originally Posted by RCknight
I'm not sure I'm following. Do you mean that the 3800s fit in the XXX-4 and they whould fit in the XXX-S or do you have to buy the XXX-4 chassis to replace the XXX-S chassis? Thanks
No I am saying that the XXX-S and XXX-4 uses the same mold with the difference of the XXX-4 having an added 1/2 piece of mold added to make it longer. If the new cells do not fit either car, and they plan on continuin to sell the XXX-4, the it would be benifitial for them to have it retooled so the new cells fit.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

GP3300's no matter how much shrink wrap you put on them fit, within reason. If you are faced with the delima of the newer cells not fitting, you can always raise the battery brace mounts, place an o-ring between the chassis and the mount, and the new cells should fit, if this doesn't work, space it some more. I have never had problems with double shrinkwrapped cells fitting in any of my G+ chassis's. If anyone is having problems with the car or are looking for a set-up feel free to contact me about it. Also, if anyone needs a list of good mods to the car, feel free to contact me on that too.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc3stocker
GP3300's no matter how much shrink wrap you put on them fit, within reason. If you are faced with the delima of the newer cells not fitting, you can always raise the battery brace mounts, place an o-ring between the chassis and the mount, and the new cells should fit, if this doesn't work, space it some more. I have never had problems with double shrinkwrapped cells fitting in any of my G+ chassis's. If anyone is having problems with the car or are looking for a set-up feel free to contact me about it. Also, if anyone needs a list of good mods to the car, feel free to contact me on that too.
Thats one of the options, the other is to tape the cells in as i do!
Old 10-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

BTW. Can someone tell me how long your front droop screws are as i think i have the wrong ones in my car. They stick out from the chassis way too much and catch on the carpet or tarmac!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by losi_g+
BTW. Can someone tell me how long your front droop screws are as i think i have the wrong ones in my car. They stick out from the chassis way too much and catch on the carpet or tarmac!
about 6 mm coreect me if I'm wrong,
yeah, this droop screw are often catch the ground,
I delete this one and put inside shock spacer, more consisten,
though hassle to set different setup,
Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

tc3stocker YGPM!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Red RSX
about 6 mm coreect me if I'm wrong,
yeah, this droop screw are often catch the ground,
I delete this one and put inside shock spacer, more consisten,
though hassle to set different setup,
Think TBH, im just gonna either get my local hardware shop to order me some shorter grub screws or cut these down. They work well enough and are easy to set up so i dont see any reason to use shock limiters, although im not sure how you would use them to control droop!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.