Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

1S booster report-
Ran this weekend at TQ raceway in the Cirtix Spec 1/12 class. My Novak booster would work for a while then the car would shut down and both LEDs flash. Cycle the switches and then it would be fine again for awhile. I think I was hitting the Lipo shutoff. We borrowed a receiver pac and won the class. Ok two faster cars broke out but I still came home with the first place trophy. Word on the street is that 4 sub-C is faster in 1/12 Cirtix spec.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I have used the 17.5 combo in my sedan for the last 3 local race.

I have found that the ESC is not giving me all the power that I need.

When I follow the other racer with noval, lrp ESC, they have a better acceleration for the first 10-15 feet then we are at the same pace.

Back in the day where Brush ESC were popular, I had a nice futaba mc230 (pink). The acceleration was terrible. The I bought a novak GTX and the acceleration was wayyyyy better

could it be the same ?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

I have had contact with a guy from Speed Passion who told me that the Novak booster doesn't work well with the Cirtix Stock Club Combo. From what I've learned the TQ Cells booster is the one that works with the Cirtix. I also contacted TQ Racing in Chino, CA where you guys are racing and they also recommend the TQ Cells booster.

Hope this helps
Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
I have used the 17.5 combo in my sedan for the last 3 local race.

I have found that the ESC is not giving me all the power that I need.

When I follow the other racer with noval, lrp ESC, they have a better acceleration for the first 10-15 feet then we are at the same pace.

Back in the day where Brush ESC were popular, I had a nice futaba mc230 (pink). The acceleration was terrible. The I bought a novak GTX and the acceleration was wayyyyy better

could it be the same ?
What kind of battery are you using? Maybe it is not giving enough. I am running 30C 5000 MAH and mine pulls just as hard as the Tekins/Novaks at my club. They do get me by the end of the track but that seems to be gearing, I stay conservative.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
1S booster report-
Ran this weekend at TQ raceway in the Cirtix Spec 1/12 class. My Novak booster would work for a while then the car would shut down and both LEDs flash. Cycle the switches and then it would be fine again for awhile. I think I was hitting the Lipo shutoff. We borrowed a receiver pac and won the class. Ok two faster cars broke out but I still came home with the first place trophy. Word on the street is that 4 sub-C is faster in 1/12 Cirtix spec.
Originally Posted by Enforcerman
I have had contact with a guy from Speed Passion who told me that the Novak booster doesn't work well with the Cirtix Stock Club Combo. From what I've learned the TQ Cells booster is the one that works with the Cirtix. I also contacted TQ Racing in Chino, CA where you guys are racing and they also recommend the TQ Cells booster.

Hope this helps
I sure hope the TQ Cells booster is the answer for those who want to use the 2S club spec but running 1S on 12th scale....I will have the 2S club spec along with the TQ Cells Booster display @ the upcoming I-hobby Show Expo, then after the show...will have our driver to do testing with V3 13.5 motor on a Gen X and hopefully TQ cells booster is the answer.

The other answer....Speed Passion GT2.1 EX ESC.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Chip73
What kind of battery are you using? Maybe it is not giving enough. I am running 30C 5000 MAH and mine pulls just as hard as the Tekins/Novaks at my club. They do get me by the end of the track but that seems to be gearing, I stay conservative.
yeah, my lipo could be the problem. I'm using a 2 years old lipo 4800 20C.

OR it could be the motor. my friend told me that the lrp x12 is way faster.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
yeah, my lipo could be the problem. I'm using a 2 years old lipo 4800 20C.

OR it could be the motor. my friend told me that the lrp x12 is way faster.
If I'm not mistaken, the LRP motors have timing built in. Novak ballistics have 30* for sure. So naturally the more spendy motor would be
Speedier. Back the timing down to 0 and see what happens...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I sure hope the TQ Cells booster is the answer for those who want to use the 2S club spec but running 1S on 12th scale....I will have the 2S club spec along with the TQ Cells Booster display @ the upcoming I-hobby Show Expo, then after the show...will have our driver to do testing with V3 13.5 motor on a Gen X and hopefully TQ cells booster is the answer.

I just plug a 200mil life into a receiver port and drive happily away. No need to worry about compatibility or having more electronics go poof. Probably weighs about the same too.

But please have your people consider a 1s version of the club spec system!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
I just plug a 200mil life into a receiver port and drive happily away. No need to worry about compatibility or having more electronics go poof. Probably weighs about the same too.

But please have your people consider a 1s version of the club spec system!
I have 2 1S version of club spec months ago...tested and the outcome is not satisfied...send them back and waiting for re-design.

I think using 2S with booster/receiver pack is the better concept due to the material used in a $60 ESC.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara

That does't qualify as Cirtix Spec.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HB Moose
That does't qualify as Cirtix Spec.
No...I am talking about running 12th scale in general.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

According to the folks who run TQ Racing in Chino, CA they race 1/12 pan car with 1S lipos and the Cirtix Stock Club Combo with the TQ Cells booster and they claim it works great. Just don't use the Novak booster, it won't work for some reason.

My suggestion is to contact TQ Racing to verify what I just said.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Default brake delay?!

Anyone else has the brake problem.
It will brake....eventually.
First it takes approx 1.5s full brake to actually start braking.

Did the tx-setup a few times, tried different expo settings or epa settings, but all ended with the sam delay. Which is a pain in the @ss.

Anyone knows how to solve this?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm considering the Cirtix speedo for VTA? Is this a legal speedo in combination with the Novak balistic motors? I've read some things about the sensors going out? Is this with the motor or speedo? I guess I need to know if the speedo is rock solid. I have a Tekin RS, but I guess it's illegal.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I'm considering the Cirtix speedo for VTA? Is this a legal speedo in combination with the Novak balistic motors? I've read some things about the sensors going out? Is this with the motor or speedo? I guess I need to know if the speedo is rock solid. I have a Tekin RS, but I guess it's illegal.
I have been running a Cirtix Club Spec ESC all summer in RCGT (17.5, Spec ESC) and now have a Novak 25.5 connected for VTA this winter. ESC has run perfect since day 1.

Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.