Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Legal for stock class?

Hi,
I was wondering why this esc cannot be run in stock class, ie no timing classes? Does it add timing? If so, any chance it could be made to run in "blinky mode" like others? Or it cannot be done? It's a shame, since that is what we need for getting new racers, an inexpensive esc for these zero timing classes.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi,
I was wondering why this esc cannot be run in stock class, ie no timing classes? Does it add timing? If so, any chance it could be made to run in "blinky mode" like others? Or it cannot be done? It's a shame, since that is what we need for getting new racers, an inexpensive esc for these zero timing classes.
How come you said this ESC is not legal to run in stock class..? It has a blinking red light underneath........it is designed for no timing racing and it has no software/USB support or computer altering for this ESC
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

This is a true stock class speedo, 'blinky' class. There is no timing software in it. All you can adjust is lipo cut off, drag brake and brakes.

HTH.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only the 1st ones didnt have the blinky light ,

One of mine is the PreProduction model and it has no blinky light , bt the others have a blinky light at no throttle
Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Only the 1st ones didnt have the blinky light ,

One of mine is the PreProduction model and it has no blinky light , but the others have a blinky light at no throttle
That must be why mine does not blink. If I have an early one, can it be updated? Or is it legal even if not blinking?

Someone had complained about this at a race, so I was wondering.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
How come you said this ESC is not legal to run in stock class..? It has a blinking red light underneath........it is designed for no timing racing and it has no software/USB support or computer altering for this ESC
Gonna say I run mine in 17.5 blinky and love it!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi,

Information taken from: http://www.thebigrc.com/?p=527

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club Race # 12280 No Timing adjustments-no LED Non-Programable

The Club Spec ESC is legal for no-timing classes and does not require a "blinky LED" as it is not programmable.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi,
See the ROAR rules for approved ESC's for non-timing class:
http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club is allowed.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Last edited by gene1219; 08-05-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was wondering if anyone has a problem with a KO PROPO 10 binding with a cirtix club esc.I used the cirtix with a M8 with no problem,changed radios and can't get it to bind.I go through the set up in the book and on SP internet and the lights do what there ssupposed to do but then the red light starts blinking.I've tried I don't know how many timesto reset both of my esc with no luck.If any body has a idea post it please.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

It seems from what I have been reading that these motors like to be geared very tall? I just ordered a Stock Club Race ESC and 17.5T Brushless Motor Combo set from amainhobbies. I plan to use it in a lazer zx-5. Would I be right to gear it around 4.5 fdr to start and tweak from there?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by brighty
It seems from what I have been reading that these motors like to be geared very tall? I just ordered a Stock Club Race ESC and 17.5T Brushless Motor Combo set from amainhobbies. I plan to use it in a lazer zx-5. Would I be right to gear it around 4.5 fdr to start and tweak from there?
I running the same setup as you and started at 4.5 as well. I'm currently at 4.0 but I think I can still go a little taller.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Urabus23
I running the same setup as you and started at 4.5 as well. I'm currently at 4.0 but I think I can still go a little taller.
oh ok thats good...So what spur and pinion are you running? I can only get my hands on a 76t spur, as thats the smallest I think they go for a zx-5? If so, Im not sure I'll be able to fit a big enough pinion on to get it down to a fdr of 4.5
Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Installed this system into my zx-5 this morning....very impressed! Nice power delivery and cool temps. I managed to gear it down to 5.29 fdr, which for a zx-5 is about the limit it will allow. I do have a couple of questions. How do you program the esc without the program card? Is the lipo cut-off set as default? I've read through the instructions but can only find how to calibrate the throttle position. Any ideas? Cheers!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brighty
Installed this system into my zx-5 this morning....very impressed! Nice power delivery and fcool temps. I managed to gear it down to 5.29 fdr, which for a zx-5 is about the limit it will allow. I do have a couple of questions. How do you program the esc without the program card? Is the lipo cut-off set as default? I've read through the instructions but can only find how to calibrate the throttle position. Any ideas? Cheers!
Lipo is pre set...cannot adjust. Set at 3v per cell.

You must purchase the programmer card in order to adjust brake....or you can borrow one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.