Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Look at my evo 4

Originally posted by Superdate
Thanks man, that is the one i saw before, hehe, just cant remember it. how do you find the alum cup?
go to www.speedtechrc.com, go to Spare Parts and Hop Ups, go to Tamiya Evo IV, go to Hop Ups

It'll be there

It says he's out of stock, but email Steve. He'll give you the most up to date information

vic
Old 12-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

are there any other parts very easy to broke? i am gonna order from rainbow, can someone pls give me some ideas/? then i can get some more spares
Old 12-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

are there any other parts very easy to broke? i am gonna order from rainbow, can someone pls give me some ideas/? then i can get some more spares
buy alot of bevel gears. if you use a one way, chances are you will chew-up some bevel gears. some tips for the car.... CA the screw that holds the bevel gears so that it will not come loose.

buy a lightened propeller shaft and aluminum input shafts to go with your alum drive cups. rainbow has them and they are not expensive.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
buy alot of bevel gears. if you use a one way, chances are you will chew-up some bevel gears. some tips for the car.... CA the screw that holds the bevel gears so that it will not come loose.

buy a lightened propeller shaft and aluminum input shafts to go with your alum drive cups. rainbow has them and they are not expensive.
i tore up a bevel gear today (finally) after three competitive races (two at socal, has a concrete retaining wall and 2x4 boards and a carpet race)

car is hold up great. buy the necessary hop ups and the car should be bullet proof for stock and even 19T. not sure about mod. i dont run that too chicken.

cooliomojo-cebu im close to that "aggressive" set up you wanted. -1.5 camber front, -0.5 camber rear is waaaay too aggressive. dont try it at home!

ill post on the TAOB thread once i finalize it at another track
Old 12-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chris... good practice today (where were you? jas kidding!)!!! Although I did felt bad about your 2nd burnt KO ESC. Make it a 3rd and you'll be in the record books.

Ran the Evo4 today at Tamiya and it was hooked up in cold weather with take off 27s. I did feel a bit of torque steer... but it wasn't consistent and sometimes just went away. The car was pretty much stable specially in the infield, but the 415(Speedtech Steve's) I was running with was a tad bit faster on the straights.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by eeyan
Chris... good practice today (where were you? jas kidding!)!!! Although I did felt bad about your 2nd burnt KO ESC. Make it a 3rd and you'll be in the record books.

Ran the Evo4 today at Tamiya and it was hooked up in cold weather with take off 27s. I did feel a bit of torque steer... but it wasn't consistent and sometimes just went away. The car was pretty much stable specially in the infield, but the 415(Speedtech Steve's) I was running with was a tad bit faster on the straights.
that was my third one over all! (remember joe burned one). oh well.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
November OC Circuit Race. (Behind the La Mirada library, second sunday of every month)

EvoIV - Ian Aquino
Pro4 - Jasper David
CGM - Paul Dabao
TRF415 - Me
TRF414SS - Kevin Cole and Terence Cole
Barracuda R3 - Bryon Kaholi
X-Ray T1FK? - Howard Hudson
Mr. Mark Dawson of Losi fame was gonna run his JRXS with us, but he broke his car a heat before the mains from running mod. See what Chris just said? Run mabuchi and there's like a .0001 chance you'll DNF... run mod, and the possibilities of breaking goes up to about 99%
Old 12-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU

already got the aluminum input shafts and i used thread lock glue as well, there isnt any problem at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion, i will get some spares just in case.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Look at my evo 4

Originally posted by hierog
take a look at www.speedtechrc.com. you can buy the Tamiya cup or the Square cup. The Tamiya cup is a bunch cheaper, and both are of the same quality. I bought the Square one because it came out first!

The tamiya cup should run you about $7 USD

vic
Agree totally Vic. Bought Square bits first for the outdoor mod car and then the Tam bits for teh indoor one when they eventually came out. Tam bits are as good.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

anyone who hadnt noticed, Rainbow Ten has a sale going on right now on small Tamiya parts...
Old 12-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Lord

Talking Clear Covers

Old 12-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Clear Covers

Originally posted by Hebiki
WOW thats beautiful Chris
Old 12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

I love the pink body clip! YES!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

now if only he could get the clear pink covers...
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I noticed that Hebiki didn't have the support posts for the center of chassis, to join the plastic top and bottom decks on. I believe that they come with the clear tamiya plastic stuff too. Can anybody confirm that??

also, what are the ball ends used there?? I mean the grey cups that sit on the balls.

Also, what turnbuckles are used there too. I really wanna get some more of this blue on my car!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.