Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Good job this week end Paul ! when is the Xray challenge at Jackson ?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Have you used the Thunder Power 60c 6000 battery yet, does it have any benefit over the 5200 50 or 5000 40C?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Gravity RC

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. just goy settled back at home after a race.

Originally Posted by gonzo416
Hi Paul, I bought an after market diff thrust assembly. The rings are grooved, but when assembled it is the same size as the Xray one. Is there a difference in performance? I am planning on using the after market rings with the Xray thrust bearing.
Hi. Grooved thrust rings are not good, the thrust simply needs to be as free and smooth as possible. the grooves will bind up the thrust slightly more than a thrust ring with no grooves. i would still ise the thrust rings but simply flip them so the flat side is running on the thrust balls.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by mracer
Who is the head cheese at RC America?

Thanks,
Unhappy customer
Yup, as Andrew says below its ralph or brian.

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
If it were me I would call and talk to Bryan or Ralph. I can't imagine a situation at RCAmerica that either one of them couldn't handle.

Phone: (800) 519-7221 or (214) 744-2400

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 9 A.M.-6 P.M. (central time)
Fri 9 A.M.-1 P.M.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Wonton
Paul / EA / anyone who rocks

When your driving do you brake alot or do you roll through corners? If you do use the brake do you brake before turning into the corner? Do you use drag brake? Is there anything noticable about your car that lets you know when to get back on throttle to power out of a corner. Do you adjust your steering d/r or do you keep it the same always. Are you very smooth with the throttle or twitchy through the curves?

Thanks for the Help!
Hi, I do use drag brake but not a ton, i also use push brake but normally only in a situation which i am about to overshoot the corner. I always use the same epa (inside tire touching the caster block always). I find that i am not all that smooth with the wheel but i am super smooth with the throttle and try not to blip the throttle threw the corner unless necissary to try and get the car to slide. i think it is important to be smooth with the throttle BC if you spin the tires your side bite will be broken. I am on the throttle as soon as possible without getting the car loose or off line, if it gets loose or off line in any section on power i wont get on it as early in that corner anymore.

Originally Posted by infokiz
+1

I have had the hardest time with braking since I started using brushless.
What are you breaking? what class are you running? I use the hard bumper on my car and it will help some with breaking.

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Hey Paul,

I'm running your Cleveland setup w/ 1.5 front & 2.5 rear camber on a tight technical layout, the car handles well but I am looking for a bit more exit corner steering (push on power) ... I could sacrifice a bit of entry corner steering if need be, any suggestions? (standard hexes all around perhaps?)

Also a general question .. say you have 1 front & 2 rear camber .. what causes you to go to 1.5 front & 2.5 rear camber .. or vise versa (since you are increasing/decreasing both front and rear at the same time). Are you looking for more/less lateral grip? what are you sacrificing in each case?

Thanks in advance.
Yup, standard hexs in the rear will help give you a little more on power steering, also you could try the smallest shim possible of kick up in the front, .4mms will make a big difference, the car will pick up steering all around.

adding camber all around will give the car a little more traction, 3 deg being the most traction. if i had a car that was ballanced and handled well with 1deg of camber all around, i would use 2degs all around and most likely have more overall traction and corner speed.

Originally Posted by kghills
Hey Paul. Congratulations on your ROAR Nationals win. Very cool. Maybe next years will be closer for us.

Keith and Jason.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Keven H
Good job this week end Paul ! when is the Xray challenge at Jackson ?
Thanks Kev, You too. Im sure when the challange in Jackson is, sorry.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Have you used the Thunder Power 60c 6000 battery yet, does it have any benefit over the 5200 50 or 5000 40C?

Thanks
Skiddins

I am using the 5300 65c in my TC right now and the 5400 65C in my 12th scale. the benifit with more run time in stock would be that the voltage should stay higher threw the run and not tail as much as it would with a lower run time battery. the benifit for Modified would be that the battery would simply be faster. the difference from low C to high C with the Thunderpower batterys in Modified is the Higher C's ability to discharce faster under extreme load situations. I will be getting back to more battery testing soon , but in recent months the motors have been my no1 priority.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats on yet another Nats Title Paulie!!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Congrats on yet another Nats Title Paulie!!
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys I have seen alot of question about the Xray challenges on here. We will have a anoucement on the RCAmerica/Xray/Hudy thread. If you have any question about them please post on that thread. We are waiting for the Jackson club to confirm the dates, but everything looks good. Will have something up soon.

Thanks Drew
Old 03-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey Paul, thought I would post a link on your thread to Jason's video. Hope you don't mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2jqOnhJ9E

It is my understanding under the dirt is the surface that years ago another young driver honed his skills to become a well respected champion.

Thanks for the help and guidence, Keith and Jason.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Paul, thought I would post a link on your thread to Jason's video. Hope you don't mind

It is my understanding under the dirt is the surface that years ago another young driver honed his skills to become a well respected champion.

Something still just doesn't sit right about that place being filled full of dirt.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Something still just doesn't sit right about that place being filled full of dirt.
Scotty is getting huge turnouts for his offroad program. Something like 75-100 entries on weeknights and 100-150 on the weekend series not to mention his special events. And yet, I will have to agree with you.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Scotty is getting huge turnouts for his offroad program. Something like 75-100 entries on weeknights and 100-150 on the weekend series not to mention his special events. And yet, I will have to agree with you.
That's happening where I race too. It seems like TC is dying. Trying to find a way to revive it.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That's happening where I race too. It seems like TC is dying. Trying to find a way to revive it.
Come to NJ! We had four on-road trophy events last year with over 100 entries. The season opener had 150+, and the season closer took 24hrs just to run the first race.

Paulie, looking forward to having you back out to Jackson for the Paved Nats!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Come to NJ! We had four on-road trophy events last year with over 100 entries. The season opener had 150+, and the season closer took 24hrs just to run the first race.

What class? Electric or nitro?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What class? Electric or nitro?
Electric mainly, but we do get a couple heats of 1/10 nitro TC at the trophy events.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Gravity RC

Hi Keith, sorry we havent talked in a while. been busy as im sure that you are also. Nice Video! thanks.

Ill be hanging around the dirt with Chase more often as soon as things settle down a bit for me. No problem, See ya!

Originally Posted by Xpress
I except it, its what is best for the hobby in this area right now. Plus, Winthrope harbor is not that far away, and it has served as a great track for me to keep up with practice and testing.

After just coming back from the On Road nationals at Timezone, I am accually optomistic about on road as a whole. Entrys were up, their were new Kids that attended and were Super fast, and It seems like people are a starting to buy things and race again, where as one year ago they would have been afraid would be obsolete in a week.

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

Nice, Glad to hear that the track is going strong. cant wait to come back for the nats, beautiful track their.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your answers

could you tell me
Drive Axle Drive Shaft and are most appropriate for use with other 4.0t

in my car when the direction is rotated vibrating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.