Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by asier
Thanks for your answers

could you tell me
Drive Axle Drive Shaft and are most appropriate for use with other 4.0t

in my car when the direction is rotated vibrating

No problem.
I use 50mm ECS shafts in the front and 50mm aluminum drive shafts in the rear.
If the vibration is coming from the front end while turning it is most likely the front drive shafts binding, The ECS shafts in the front will make no vibration at all.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
No problem.
I use 50mm ECS shafts in the front and 50mm aluminum drive shafts in the rear.
If the vibration is coming from the front end while turning it is most likely the front drive shafts binding, The ECS shafts in the front will make no vibration at all.

Thanks
What outdrives do you use? As I have not broken one part in my T3 until I put in the 50mm's. I have broken 3 outdrives. I'm trying tthe 1mm shim, but I have to shave the sides so they can fit inside the spool, to then put in the outdrives. I would like to see pics if anyone has tried this . Thanks Paul
Old 03-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
What outdrives do you use? As I have not broken one part in my T3 until I put in the 50mm's. I have broken 3 outdrives. I'm trying tthe 1mm shim, but I have to shave the sides so they can fit inside the spool, to then put in the outdrives. I would like to see pics if anyone has tried this . Thanks Paul
the one mm. shim on the inside is the only way to go .I know that you just need to grind off the sides of the shim and maybe a little longer screw and your
dialed .also maybe try the xray alum. outdrives if i'm correct thats what paul's using.
morning paul
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Paul, having a problem with my car being very loose the first 3 or 4 laps of a race. After that the car gets better as the race goes on. Trying to avoid using tire warmers. Running 17.5 rubber with sorex 32. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Paul...i never did ask how you did in the Nationals? and where was that? was it in las vegas? ICC? or does ICC not hold events anymore...i guess scotty and you would know the most about it...just an assumption
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hay paul what do you think about putting a ball diff in the front i was wondering how much slower the car will be.i see people running the gear diff in the front and the back. just curious how much difference in lap times thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by gonzo416
Hi, I use the aluminum outdrives and i do the same thing that you do with the spool. just like big dog does also. No problem, Thanks.

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
the one mm. shim on the inside is the only way to go .I know that you just need to grind off the sides of the shim and maybe a little longer screw and your
dialed .also maybe try the xray alum. outdrives if i'm correct thats what paul's using.
morning paul
Thanks J.

Originally Posted by franc furter
Paul, having a problem with my car being very loose the first 3 or 4 laps of a race. After that the car gets better as the race goes on. Trying to avoid using tire warmers. Running 17.5 rubber with sorex 32. Thanks for the help.
I assume this is for asphalt. I would try a little more rear toe, more rear toe should lock the rear in at the begining of the run but not cost you much steering at the end BC the rear tires will get hotter. Tire prep also plays a huge role on asphalt. how much toe do you have right now and how are you prepairing your tires?

Thanks

Originally Posted by TEXT
Hey Paul...i never did ask how you did in the Nationals? and where was that? was it in las vegas? ICC? or does ICC not hold events anymore...i guess scotty and you would know the most about it...just an assumption
This was the roar Carpet Nationals in WA state. it went good, I ended up 6th or 7th in 12th scale but could have done much better, and i won TC.
Scotty still does the IIC once a year.

Originally Posted by spammy
hay paul what do you think about putting a ball diff in the front i was wondering how much slower the car will be.i see people running the gear diff in the front and the back. just curious how much difference in lap times thanks
It depends what class you are running and how well your car is set up for a front Diff
. In 21.5 i would think that a ball diff in front could be just as fast or almost as fast as a spool, once set up properly.
in 17.5 i think that you would be 1 tenth per lap slow with a ball diff,
boosted 17.5 more like 2 tenths.
Regular speedo 13.5, 2 tenths. boosted 13.5, 3tenths.
Mod, 4 tenths.
A front ball diff has problems handling power, a gear diff handles the power well BC it cant slip.
If you try a front gear diff you will have to use a thick diff grease and run the diff pretty tight.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

hi paul...
1. i see most of the time drivers running with harder front shock than rear... what is the main reason of that..? and have u ever try softer at front? i feel softer front will give more steering but never know time laps improvement comparing those...
2. i never saw your car setup with additional front weight, or i missed it... any good of that...?

thanc for reply...
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
hi paul...
1. i see most of the time drivers running with harder front shock than rear... what is the main reason of that..? and have u ever try softer at front? i feel softer front will give more steering but never know time laps improvement comparing those...
2. i never saw your car setup with additional front weight, or i missed it... any good of that...?

thanc for reply...
On my local track running 10.5 I found that running slightly harder front oil simply gave me better lap times, I think the steering will react quicker with thicker front oil.
How much difference it makes may well depend on how tight and fast your corners are etc.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
hi paul...

thanc for reply...
Hi, the reason for the stiffer front shock set up is because of the shocks mounting location on the front suspension arm. if you measure your arms from the hinge pin to where the shock mounts, the front shock will mount much closer to the hinge pin than the rear, this making it naturally much softer. so basicly we always run stiffer front spring and oil to compinsate for that. Even with 2.6R, 3.0 front spring the front is still softer and less progressive than the rear on the pit board.

when i go softer than a 3.0 in the front, the car seems to lay over and lack mid to high speed steering. Thanks

Originally Posted by Skiddins
On my local track running 10.5 I found that running slightly harder front oil simply gave me better lap times, I think the steering will react quicker with thicker front oil.
How much difference it makes may well depend on how tight and fast your corners are etc.
I find the same also. Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Paul, nice talking with you at the TCS race a few weeks ago. Brads car was dialed onced you hooked it up. i will be at the sct tace at trackside this summer. talk with you then.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by C5R01
Paul, nice talking with you at the TCS race a few weeks ago. Brads car was dialed onced you hooked it up. i will be at the sct tace at trackside this summer. talk with you then.
Great. hopefully i will be around to hang out a bit that weekend.

See ya!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Gravity RC

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of town for a race and i wont be on here much in the next two weeks. Feel free to keep it going and i will catch up when i get home.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Good luck at the Worlds Paul!

EA
Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paul L

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of town for a race and i wont be on here much in the next two weeks. Feel free to keep it going and i will catch up when i get home.

Thanks
Good Luck bro!..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.