Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
Im planning to buy a new tc but im not sure what to get. im looking at the pro4, XRAY T1FK, TC4 OR THE CORALLY RDX. wHAT COULD BE THE BEST CHOICE? Is the xray a good car. They didnt make it to the a main at the worlds....
Joel run a "out of the box standard FK" with spool. Not a single special part in it. Missed the A by two hundreds and did realy good laptimes winning the B.
This was the first time ever he used spool, so we donīt think there is any problem with the car. We just have to do our homework even better next time.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

FK gearing

Hi,

I have run into a little problem with my FK.

The indoor season has started and I bought a new FK. I also decided to run in modified class (12T) from now on.
The tracks we have around here requires around a 8,0 FDR and this is where I run into trouble.

I have always used 48 pitch gears on my cars and I was hoping to be able to continue this. However, the included 93 spur requires a 20/21 pinion to reach an FDR of around 8. This moves the motor up very close to the belts (and of course also affects the CG).

The main problem is finding a larger spur gear. The second problem is the large increments in FDR you make when using 48 pitch gears.
With more spur gears to chose from that problem will somewhat go away, so I'm back to finding large spur gears.

What do you guys do on small tracks with a low wind motor?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

go to precisionracingsystems.com and buy their 64 pitch gears. you will be able to get them as large as 134.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone noticed excessive tweak in the FK stock chassis? I am guessing the new BMI chassis will stiffen it up alot. I was thinking of getting one because i run carpet only and i need a stiff setup. Anyone know if the XRC is for carpet or asphalt?

Jon
Old 11-03-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDXray
anyone noticed excessive tweak in the FK stock chassis? I am guessing the new BMI chassis will stiffen it up alot. I was thinking of getting one because i run carpet only and i need a stiff setup. Anyone know if the XRC is for carpet or asphalt?

Jon

Seriously.
I understand that some companies want to sell "after market products", but to Xray?
Come on guys. No-one make it better than Juraj anyway.
Work on your set-ups instead.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Anders,

Congratulations to the results of the Swedes in the world championships! I hope Norway will be in the mix also in the future!

Do you know the part no for the spool for the FK?
Old 11-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by theisgroup
go to precisionracingsystems.com and buy their 64 pitch gears. you will be able to get them as large as 134.
I know I can solve it by switching to 64 pitch, but I was looking for a sollution without having to buy a whole bunch of new pinion gears...
Old 11-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Ole, but we are not sure if we are happy or not....
11:th place sucks more than anything else
Anyway,
the Spool is on X ray web.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...?kategoria=868

Alu Solid Axle Hard Coated - Set

Good luck racing!!
/Anders
Old 11-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by OleC
I know I can solve it by switching to 64 pitch, but I was looking for a sollution without having to buy a whole bunch of new pinion gears...
There is no short-cut here. Just by them as you need them..
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, a soon to be proud owner of a FK, I am converting over from a TC3...Anyways, any build tips or landmines to watch out for as I build the car up?

Thanks!
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDXray

Jon
I think ths stock chassis is easy to tweek and if you are not a factory pilot, you probably need to check that the chassis is not tweeked every run. The xrc has been run on carpet and most recently it looks like the world team ran them as well. Looking at the pics of ralph's car fromthe worlds. What we have noticed is that with the xrc chassis, the front belt seams to be a lot tighter then with the stock chassis. so either the mounts for the bulkheads are in differnt places or the chassis is a little stiffer and resist the flex the stock chassis has. The 2 bmi chassis I have on my fk also do the same thing. I am running my front belt at the loosest setting. for carpet and mod, you will want a stiffer chassis. You want the suspension to work more then the flex of the stock chassis.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

thansk theisgroup, just what i was looking for.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OleC
no one make very large spurs in 48 pitch. I think the biggest is 98. prs actaully cut the 134 for the xray guys just because of the problem you are facing. also there is not that many gear to buy. basically if you get the range of spurs you want, you can probably fin 4 pinions that will get you almost all the ratios you need. For stock and 19t I am only using 3 pinions and 2 differnt sizes of spurs. I am sure with mod, you will have a bigger variance, unless you are only running 12t.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TigeRyan
Hey guys, a soon to be proud owner of a FK, I am converting over from a TC3...Anyways, any build tips or landmines to watch out for as I build the car up?

Thanks!
The kit is pretty much straight forward, but build the Shocks slowly so you dont mess them up because when you get those to work well there awesome, and there fully adjustable externally.

What class are you running stock? Mod? 19t? If putting your belts on loose, where the inserts are; you'll see it in the manual when you put those inserts in.

Hope it helps

Jon
Old 11-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Seriously.
I understand that some companies want to sell "after market products", but to Xray?
Come on guys. No-one make it better than Juraj anyway.
Work on your set-ups instead.
Actually Anders,

Though xray may have some of the best designs, they may not have access to the best materials. An example is the alum c-hubs. Alot of the US factory guys are running alum c hubs on carpet. So most of mortals are also. Well, the c-hubs that xray has bend easily. In the US we get a better grade of aluminum, or at lease our goverment does. So there is a guys that took the c-hub design and mills them here in the states. I don't know of anyone that uses these that has every bent one. Actually the guys that makes them will replace any of them that are bent. Can't say that about xray. I would tend to believe that carbon fiber is the same way. We probably can get a better grade of CF here in the states then xray can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.