Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TigeRyan
Hey guys, a soon to be proud owner of a FK, I am converting over from a TC3...Anyways, any build tips or landmines to watch out for as I build the car up?

Thanks!
Hi,

The T1FK uses a very twisty spurgear, due the fact that it's lightweight.
I went back to the older spurgear as used on the T1 FOC.

I also spraid the belts and pulley's with runnertime free.
That works great.

Thomas
Old 11-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by theisgroup
Actually Anders,

Though xray may have some of the best designs, they may not have access to the best materials. An example is the alum c-hubs. Alot of the US factory guys are running alum c hubs on carpet. So most of mortals are also. Well, the c-hubs that xray has bend easily. In the US we get a better grade of aluminum, or at lease our goverment does. So there is a guys that took the c-hub design and mills them here in the states. I don't know of anyone that uses these that has every bent one. Actually the guys that makes them will replace any of them that are bent. Can't say that about xray. I would tend to believe that carbon fiber is the same way. We probably can get a better grade of CF here in the states then xray can.
Hmm,
Little outside my area this, as I donīt know what alu and graphite is used.
But the graphite is from US. Thatīs for sure.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by theisgroup
Actually Anders,

Though xray may have some of the best designs, they may not have access to the best materials. An example is the alum c-hubs. Alot of the US factory guys are running alum c hubs on carpet. So most of mortals are also. Well, the c-hubs that xray has bend easily. In the US we get a better grade of aluminum, or at lease our goverment does. So there is a guys that took the c-hub design and mills them here in the states. I don't know of anyone that uses these that has every bent one. Actually the guys that makes them will replace any of them that are bent. Can't say that about xray. I would tend to believe that carbon fiber is the same way. We probably can get a better grade of CF here in the states then xray can.
Seems a bit narrow minded to me to believe that US is the only place to get good aluminum in.

I think it's more a matter of cost and maybe how easy it is to work with.

Just my thoughts...

/Arvid Stenberg
Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was going to soak the belts in WD-30 like I have done for my other belt cars, is this a bad idea with the XRay belts?
Old 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

I was going to soak the belts in WD-30 like I have done for my other belt cars, is this a bad idea with the XRay belts?
Hi,

I don't know if this is a bad idea, I have no experience with soaking in the belts with WD30 or WD40.
Since I live in Europe, and WD40 seems hard to find here, I use Runnertime Free.

I have heard that WD is stuff to clean 1000+1 things. It seems to be a degreaser, and I guess you don't want to degreese your belts.

Thomas
Old 11-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

BTW; the X-ray belts are like most belts made by Bando, so they are the same as used on the Tamiya, Kyosho, Schumacher, etc etc.

If you have good experiences with WD30 and those belts I guess it's a good thing to do.

Thomas
Old 11-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont think its necessary to soak your belts in WD 40, the belts are already very flexible and when you run them after awhile they break in, i have seen the belts lose some of those threading in bit but it still performs the same.

Is there a difference between the regular belts that Xray gives you in the kit box verses the Hi-Performance ones?? I have some Hi-Performance ones just never used them, any comments?/

Jon
Old 11-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Another question, with this being my first CF Plate car, I know I have to CA the edges of the chassis, are the battery slots already done or do I need to do them and if so what is the best way and best tool to do this? I want to build this car "The Right Way" so I hope you guys don't mind the questions....
Old 11-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Another question, with this being my first CF Plate car, I know I have to CA the edges of the chassis, are the battery slots already done or do I need to do them and if so what is the best way and best tool to do this? I want to build this car "The Right Way" so I hope you guys don't mind the questions....
just use a q-tip and put some CA on that and just go around the edges, and yes i think you have to CA the battery slots, but someone may have to double check me on this.
Jon
Old 11-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Actually on the battery slots I was wonder ing are they already filed for the batteries to sit properly, I know some CF plates dont come that way and you have to file the slots....
Old 11-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Take a dremel with a grinding stone and grind the battery slot edges at a 45degree angle, clean, and then CA. Also sand the edges of the chassis smooth and round them and then CA them. That way nothing catches on the sharp edges.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Actually on the battery slots I was wonder ing are they already filed for the batteries to sit properly, I know some CF plates dont come that way and you have to file the slots....
Oh no they are not, and if you do file them down BE VERY CAREFUL you dont want to file too much that you batts fall out.

And another thing is when you use those battery straps to strap down them battery make sure they down tight or battts will go flying.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

There is a tape that airplane guys use between the wings and fuselage that creates a cusion. You can put this tape on the underside of the battery straps to make a snug fit against the batteries.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help, can't wait for the car to show up Friday, it is like Christmas in November
Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Corey, I havn't talked to you since my Trinity days. How you been?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.