Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up XRay opinion

Rustler, although you are looking for opinions from higher echelon racers, I'll give you mine. All I have is 7 or so years of experience [with competition not being my primary focus].

I will never own any other electric car kit other than the Xray. I've owned Kyosho, Losi, AE, HPI and Trax kits in different disciplines. The Xray is superb!

Tough, fast, easy, tunable and reliable [the only kit I've ever been able drive and imagine being in the driver seat-->pathetic, isn't it].

Parts->Stormer is usually very good, although I wish Tower stocked Hudy [the only thing I've had to concede]. Two LHS stocks Hudy, so I'm pretty lucky.

Bought a 'pre-owned' Evo2 and within two weeks of having it in my paws, I began planing getting an FK [to add to the garage].

Just my .02!

Good luck!

Last edited by Tom G; 08-08-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jiggamacdaddy
are u talking about the new one that only has the six slots in the back or the one that comes in the factory kit?
The one which comes with kit
Old 08-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

The XRay is an awesome car. I switched from a XXX-S G+ to an Evo2 FOC and picked up a lap to a lap and a half in stock. Soon after I switched to 19T and have been holding my own. The car is very stable, and the driveline is very free. I now own a Factory Kit and love it.

Give it a try, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Rob
Old 08-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

You can also consider the chassis the BMI has produced for the Xray. More rigid, and better battery placement.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Neil
Old 08-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Chassis

Chazz you might want to wait because the chassis the team ran will be out in a few weeks and it was made by Xray for Xray so keep that in mind Later Drew
Old 08-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow...great feed back....ok guys ya hooked me. Im going to get my Xray T1 Factory Team. I like the total design about it and it def. time to ditch the tc3. Drivers have to mod the tc3 too much in order to keep up with modern cars....blueprinting, bringing the battereies toward the center, new stiffer chassis, all sorts of stuff and even the tc3 barely manages. At Socal , many people are ditchin the tc3 as well because they came to the same conclusion.

thanks for the cool feed back and it was enough to convicnce me of the car.

peace out
Old 08-08-2004, 01:28 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Default Re: Chassis

Originally posted by Andrew Ellis
Chazz you might want to wait because the chassis the team ran will be out in a few weeks and it was made by Xray for Xray so keep that in mind Later Drew
Andew,

Is that this chasis, XRAY #301111? This one was released about two weeks ago. it's the 3.5 one that's also milled out. Or will there be a newer one coming out? I don't want to go out and buy the wrong chassis.

thanks in advance,

JCB
Old 08-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Chassis

Originally posted by JCB
Andew,

Is that this chasis, XRAY #301111? This one was released about two weeks ago. it's the 3.5 one that's also milled out. Or will there be a newer one coming out? I don't want to go out and buy the wrong chassis.

thanks in advance,

JCB
Then again, you could get a BMI chassis that is slightly thinner but just as stiff due to the higher quality CF that BMI uses....

They have two battery positions and will custom machine a 3-forward / 3-back saddle pack chassis like J. Cyrul likes to use.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

JCB yes that is the one it is the Chassis Ralph won snowbirds with and the rest of the team ran it this season it is 3.5mm sadle pak side by side 6 hole cutouts for the batts and milled down in spts for the same rollcenter the one that Josh ran was a prototype and like I said before made by XRAY for XRAY. Thanks for the support...Drew
Old 08-08-2004, 09:05 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info Andrew. That is the one I just received the other day. Looks great!

thanks again,

Juan Carlos
Old 08-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i have been swapping between 2 cars, the sexray and the MI2, after seeing a friends car with new chassis, top deck, front shock tower, and rear camber link mounts i am thinking of going purely xray again the car looked fantastic on the track, and was able to change direction amazingly fast. I feel that the stiff chassis allows you to be more confident in driving the car, in all conditions no just extremely high grip
Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default FYI

WooHoo. all in dallas. this from xray

Xray has some of the most important and exciting news over the last years:

1.) XRAY presents XRAY USA
Xray has teamed up with RC America to strengthen and support customers in the USA. XRAY would like to introduce our new North American head office and distribution center. We proudly welcome you to a tour of the new modern facility that was created solely for one reason, 100% customer support for US customers. Combine European excellence with North American flare...XRAY USA

* 100% customer service and support
* convenient hours to more effectively service both Eastern and Western time zones
* experienced and friendly staff including Ralph Burch Jr. with a wealth of R/C knowledge
* current National Champions on hand to quickly answer any question
* the world's largest stock of kits and spare parts
* computerized ordering and fast order processing
* stronger professionally picked distribution networks
* same day shipping to all dealers with astonishing fill rate
* extensive interactive webpage
* authorized repair center
* professional factory racing team
* toll-free support 1-800-519-RCA1 weekdays until 6:00 PM central time

XRAY shattered the bar in performance and car design, look for the same with support, true factory support... Luxury model cars... Luxury support... XRAY USA

Full contact:
RC America, 167 Turtle Creek Blvd, Suite C, Dallas, Texas 75207
Phone: 214-744-2400
Fax: 214-744-2401
email: [email protected]

2.) Xray proudly presents the brand new Xray Millenium RC Factory: XRAY has earned the world-renowned reputation for making premium, no compromise, highest-quality and highest-performance luxury racing cars. All of XRAY's resources, efforts, and involvement goes towards continuous research and development to bring the most professional and innovative RC cars to the radio-control car enthusiast. All XRAY products are 100% designed, developed, and manufactured in-house in Slovakia, Europe.

XRAY dedicates itself to design, develop, and manufacture new and innovative RC products and provide the very best support and service to all customers worldwide to make XRAY the RC car market leader. For this reason Xray has invested into building the worlds largest and most unique RC Factory that will enable XRAY continue producing only the best RC cars. See more details about the Millenium Factory online.

3.) Get the eXtra Rigid Chassis that all the current US National Champions used earn their title. Read and learn more about the chassis at our web site.

4.) We have just received information that HUDY has presented their brand new set-up systems online including innovative and revolutionary Tweak Station, read more at www.hudy.net

For more information about XRAY news please visit www.teamxray.com

Kindest regards

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS

T:h:e:::a:r:t:::f:::e:r:f:r:m:a:n:c:e:::....
www.teamxray.com
[email protected]

You are receiving these news because you have subscribed them at http://www.teamxray.com If you do not wish to receive these news anymore, simply click on http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/other/unsubscribe.php and enter your e-mail address.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

It is finally revealed.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:01 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

SWEET!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.