Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
AWSOME!!! Cannot wait to see you guys again!!!

You can run anything you want. We have Corally "jack the Gripper" for sale all the time if you want to go odorless!! I am sure MO's got some left too from his Nats domination tour!!!

Oh-yeah-Paragon is of course the favorite sauce, but were trying to get as many people to switch as possible.

Bring a table and chair!!! if you need one-I'll bring in a couple fr you guys. Just let me know so I can bring em Sunday.
How does the Corally Jack the Gripper compare to Paragon?
Old 04-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Corally TC2 "Gripper"

Glad you asked!!

It is almost exactly the same on track performance, but a little bit diferent off track. YOu need to put it on a bit longer-though it soaks in great!!! Wipe off just before racing and scrub tires into track very well before racing if not car will skate around for a lap.

It lasts a really long time-thats noticeable in 12th scale's 8-minute race. Also noitceable in Sedan where I can practice, make changes and keep going out and grip level stays very consistent for a good 20 minutes.

After 24 to 36 hours after race-tires Feel and Smell like they never had traction compound on them!!!

I think that may be a big advantage over Paragon-which keps softening the tire if you dont clean them after every race. Also-all that cleaning with motor spray and lighter fluid makes the glue soften and you are more susceptible to chunking.

But the biggest adavantage is I can give my daughter a big HUG when I get home and start playing-not "Hello-sorry gotta take a 20 minte shower and try and breath again". And get the "llok" from tired Mom!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Corally TC2 "Gripper"

Glad you asked!!

It is almost exactly the same on track performance, but a little bit diferent off track. YOu need to put it on a bit longer-though it soaks in great!!! Wipe off just before racing and scrub tires into track very well before racing if not car will skate around for a lap.

It lasts a really long time-thats noticeable in 12th scale's 8-minute race. Also noitceable in Sedan where I can practice, make changes and keep going out and grip level stays very consistent for a good 20 minutes.

After 24 to 36 hours after race-tires Feel and Smell like they never had traction compound on them!!!

I think that may be a big advantage over Paragon-which keps softening the tire if you dont clean them after every race. Also-all that cleaning with motor spray and lighter fluid makes the glue soften and you are more susceptible to chunking.

But the biggest adavantage is I can give my daughter a big HUG when I get home and start playing-not "Hello-sorry gotta take a 20 minte shower and try and breath again". And get the "llok" from tired Mom!!
Thanks, I'll look into it and try it out.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

pucho, I had the same problem with my first T1. The foam was 3/16" thicker than that on my second T1. It was 15/16" compared to 12/16". I merely cut out the area covered by the top brace ; problem solved.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

JBrake-great-some set-up help on the evo2 will be welcome!!! Are you going to run stock or 19 turn?
Just stock. I don't have the experience or parts to run mod on carpet.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Default Re: Question about asembly

Originally posted by pucho
Im putting an evo2 together for a friend. so far it's everithing is going well. Now Im putting on the bumper it states that the body post shoud extend down through the foam bumper but thins thing seams to be too thick. Am I supose to just squeese it unlitt it fits? or does it need to be trimed? Also what pistons are you guys using?
Hey pucho....Is that Alex's car your building?
Old 04-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Question about asembly

Originally posted by PW
Hey pucho....Is that Alex's car your building?
No, it's Gabe's I think Alex actually build his because gabe took him all his stuff to Miami. It's a prety nice car but the way I look at it the car is still a highly refined Corally. The basic desirned of all the parts are exacly the same.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by c-lyon
pucho, I had the same problem with my first T1. The foam was 3/16" thicker than that on my second T1. It was 15/16" compared to 12/16". I merely cut out the area covered by the top brace ; problem solved.
Thanks for the help I just basicly sqeeased it together. It didn't seam to hurt anything. If I would have had a belt sander available I would just shave it down but Im not about to do so with hand tools.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

What I did with the foam was added shims where the bumper brace and the bulkhead meet. It solved the problem of the brace being bent from the foam. A new problem arose though. The problem was that the brace was raise high enough where the brace and bulkhead were not flush. This setup may potentially cause a break on the brace, or separate the laminated graphite should the car crash into something.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Silicone Oil viscocity

Guys, I need your input based on your experience with the shock oils. I've noticed that the Evo2 seems sensitive to the change in shock oil viscosity. I ran 3 fixed piston with 40wt AE - white springs all around. Yesterday, I switched to 40wt Team Orion oil. The change was quite dramatic, the car tended to bodyroll thru corners.

And I happened to have a little AE oil left in the bottle, and I took a time to make some comparation with the Orion. I think Orion oil is thinner than AE's. Or could Orion oil easily lose its viscosity due to the weather changes ?
Old 04-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default RCI tell me about your C-hub setup

I picked up the composite C-hub kit at So-Cal today. The kit has 3deg(med) front blocks, but I also picked up the 6deg (med) set.

I know you have the aluminium kit, just curious how do you have yours setup ?
Old 04-04-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Redsand: There is no standard in viscosity of the shock oils. 40 wt lost and AE are different. This stuff is not SAE certified like automotive oils. Iuse X-Ray in my X-Ray and AE in my pan cars. Makes life easier.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RC Nitro
Redsand: There is no standard in viscosity of the shock oils. 40 wt lost and AE are different. This stuff is not SAE certified like automotive oils. Iuse X-Ray in my X-Ray and AE in my pan cars. Makes life easier.
Actually the Losi oil is certified, but that's only guarrantes that your 30wt you buy from them is going to be the same as the last one. Now when goign for manufactures to nanufactures that's a diffrent storey you will find that all oils aren't created equal.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: RCI tell me about your C-hub setup

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
I picked up the composite C-hub kit at So-Cal today. The kit has 3deg(med) front blocks, but I also picked up the 6deg (med) set.

I know you have the aluminium kit, just curious how do you have yours setup ?
Hi Dave

I am running the stock setup for my composite c-hub car for stock racing. For 19T, I'm running the aluminum c-hubs with 6deg blocks, the rest is stock.

I see you couldn't resist getting back to the "real car", not that toy you've been tinkering with.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Dave

Now don't get confused running two different cars like I did with the F201.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.