Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Originally Posted by maxg123456
Someone was interested at Maritime Raceway yesterday where to get the Xerun. Here's the place!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XERUN-120A-SD-...item5887247fbc
i heard that maritime is closing due to the building being sold?????????
Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
i heard that maritime is closing due to the building being sold?????????

At the moment it's not hard and fast but yes the building has had an offer by one of the universities at Medway, the committee asked everyone to try to find a new location for the permanent track. They can afford to rebuild but it's just a bummer that we lose the venue.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ezrun...

Can anyone here able to help with flashing an ezrun program? Do you use the same equipment?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ezrun...

Can anyone here able to help with flashing an ezrun software? Do you use the same equipment?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bluetooth Hobbywing ESC.

To Hobbywing Technical services / Designers.

I recently purchased from eBay(Hong Kong) for £1 including shipping a micro USB Bluetooth adapter, this thing is so tiny one can only assume that the ‘working parts’ of it are minutely small.

I currently own an Android ‘Smartphone’ which has the ability to download apps a little like the iPhone.

We currently have laptops and USB programming cards to update own HOBBYWING ESC’s.

As an emerging force in the RC industry the inclusion of a Bluetooth link to the ESC would make this product unique in the industry, and a yearly subscription of $20 for the app would cover the loss of income from the sale of USB programming cards and also allow funding for software improvements.
This would allow racers to attend races with their iPhone or Android phone and to make adjustments to their ESC’s without the need to carry a bulky or expensive Laptop around with them.

There are many app designers on the web who would be more than capable of converting the USB link software to a Bluetooth linkage at minimal cost to HOBBYWING.

I believe that this would place HOBBYWING at the forefront of ESC technology and would increase sales exponentially, also there could be a ‘small’ price differential for the Bluetooth enabled ESC’s to cover the minimal costs involved in the addition of the relevant chips etc.

If you feel that this idea has some merit, feel free to email me and I will quite happily waive my ‘intellectual property’ rights for a minimal remuneration.

Keep up the fine work HOBBYWING I believe that we have the opposition on the ropes now and as a great technology company HOBBYWING deserves to be at the forefront of development in our field and I truly believe that this BLUETOOTH idea deserves closer attention and merits further research.

Cherry x
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
To Hobbywing Technical services / Designers.

I recently purchased from eBay(Hong Kong) for £1 including shipping a micro USB Bluetooth adapter, this thing is so tiny one can only assume that the ‘working parts’ of it are minutely small.

I currently own an Android ‘Smartphone’ which has the ability to download apps a little like the iPhone.

We currently have laptops and USB programming cards to update own HOBBYWING ESC’s.

As an emerging force in the RC industry the inclusion of a Bluetooth link to the ESC would make this product unique in the industry, and a yearly subscription of $20 for the app would cover the loss of income from the sale of USB programming cards and also allow funding for software improvements.
This would allow racers to attend races with their iPhone or Android phone and to make adjustments to their ESC’s without the need to carry a bulky or expensive Laptop around with them.

There are many app designers on the web who would be more than capable of converting the USB link software to a Bluetooth linkage at minimal cost to HOBBYWING.

I believe that this would place HOBBYWING at the forefront of ESC technology and would increase sales exponentially, also there could be a ‘small’ price differential for the Bluetooth enabled ESC’s to cover the minimal costs involved in the addition of the relevant chips etc.

If you feel that this idea has some merit, feel free to email me and I will quite happily waive my ‘intellectual property’ rights for a minimal remuneration.

Keep up the fine work HOBBYWING I believe that we have the opposition on the ropes now and as a great technology company HOBBYWING deserves to be at the forefront of development in our field and I truly believe that this BLUETOOTH idea deserves closer attention and merits further research.

Cherry x
very nice idea indeed. however would be a problem with mobile phones pairing as with many bluetooth device mobile device on mobile phones require special code for paring howerver standard 0000 may work. I do see problems if everyone is paring their hobbywing ESC with their andriod phone on 0000. which means everyone can either 1. copy someone else's settings covertly during a comp. 2. intentionally sarbotage someone else's settings in the hope to make the competition suffer.

It will be an ethical, security and a rule issue as to whether one shall be allowed to use the bluetooth device to setup your ESC during a race meet. Especially on a national or international scale. Everyone will just think it's a practical joke on club meet when someone's car went reverse out of a sudden.

However I do know a couple of ppl in our club who take things very seriously and the joker will definately end up in a world of pain should such thing happen. Can't really blame them, each one of those cars cost more than $1,000 each with all their fancy equiment attached. (eg x-ray + Tekin RS pro + Fantom + hop up, etc) It's nothing to joke about.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

would I notice a performance difference between the 60amp and the 120 amp versions running a 13.5 motor & 2Cell lipo? Just trying to save 30 bucks!

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Derry
would I notice a performance difference between the 60amp and the 120 amp versions running a 13.5 motor & 2Cell lipo? Just trying to save 30 bucks!

Thanks!
no difference.
The 60amp is targeted at stock classes and would be fine.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Derry

Thanks!
Is there a special class you are racing? or just backyard bashing?

if backyard bashing. go for 120A. gives you more choice when you want to get faster motor in the future.

If you're getting into M-chassis. the Maximum is 35Amp.

120A will probably draw more power from your battery, and your motor will probably run hotter and therefore less run time. However, the savings you'll make when you want to upgrade will negate that anyway.

Unless there are rules constraint (or budget), I'd go for a more powerful ESC. It just make sure you'll have enough power when you need it.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yobouno
Is there a special class you are racing? or just backyard bashing?

if backyard bashing. go for 120A. gives you more choice when you want to get faster motor in the future.

If you're getting into M-chassis. the Maximum is 35Amp.

120A will probably draw more power from your battery, and your motor will probably run hotter and therefore less run time. However, the savings you'll make when you want to upgrade will negate that anyway.

Unless there are rules constraint (or budget), I'd go for a more powerful ESC. It just make sure you'll have enough power when you need it.
I think you should stop giving advice until you know what you are talking about.

Just because an ESC is 120A doesn't mean it will throw 120A at the motor. The amp draw is dictated by the motor and racing conditions. The rating of the ESC only means what the amp draw that it can cope with. The 120A would not draw more power from your battery

Please do not post information like that. It only confuses the new racer

AS Razzor said the 60A ESC would be fine. In fact the new Extreme Stock ESC is only a 60A one so you should have no problems
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

hi...i am from Indonesia... using xe-run 60 A V.2 on 416 at the moment...this speedos is nice...software already updated (422 Stock) ... my son as the driver race this speedo on Indonesia Nat's Champ. for stock class 11.5T...any way.... it's competitive enough...and we are happy to use this speedo... ..
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
I think you should stop giving advice until you know what you are talking about.

Just because an ESC is 120A doesn't mean it will throw 120A at the motor. The amp draw is dictated by the motor and racing conditions. The rating of the ESC only means what the amp draw that it can cope with. The 120A would not draw more power from your battery

AS Razzor said the 60A ESC would be fine. In fact the new Extreme Stock ESC is only a 60A one so you should have no problems
Thanks for the advice. I am actually racing offroad so even if I decide to race mod I would probably not run anything faster then a 9.5.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

it's actually simple science. you have something that have an output of 120A. it will need more current to provide the output. The power might not be transfered to the motor, but it will end up as heat. therefore drain your battery in the form of heat.

I might not be an expert in RC, but I know my physics.

Also to counter your arguement, why would one need an expensive ESC like Tekin RS Pro in the touring car stock class if your claim is true. Extra output current definately give advantage, otherwise everyone would be running a 60A ezrun.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yobouno
it's actually simple science. you have something that have an output of 120A. it will need more current to provide the output. The power might not be transfered to the motor, but it will end up as heat. therefore drain your battery in the form of heat.

I might not be an expert in RC, but I know my physics.
You are so sadly wrong.

The ESC has a handling capacity of 120amps. It is not a constant drain only a handling capacity. It is not an fixed output as such.

So you are saying that an XX motor that demands 30 amps will mean an ESC will still pump 120A at the motor/esc? Hardly It will not drain the battery any quicker either

Under your analogy a 21.5 turn motor will drain the battery just as quick as a 3.5 motor and the ESC will get just as hot and the battery will be drained just as quick using a 21.5?

Last edited by cannon; 06-26-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

You are so sadly wrong.

The ESC has a handling capacity of 120amps. It is not a constant drain only a handling capacity. It is not an fixed output as such.

So you are saying that an XX motor that demands 30 amps will mean an ESC will still pump 120A at the motor? Hardly It will not drain the battery any quicker either
Wouldn't that depend on the ESC?. it will draw the amount of current it needs to run the ESC and motor. The rest is lost in the form of heat.

So overall lost = draining of power supply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.