Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Sweet, good info since I'm planning to get a sway bar too. 4wd *should* run sway bars in the rear at least for a track with good traction.

Do you guys run both the front and rear?
Yes, I usually run a yellow bar up front & a red one in the rear, & if I need some steering(& I'm not worried about traction rolling), then I'd switch the front to a red, or go yellow all around if traction rolls are an issue that day....
Old 12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Am having a drift touring race on asphlat in 2 weeks time and im setting up my ver2 for it. Am using 9T Brushless system on a 29T x 105T 64P spur. Any recommendation on the FDR for drifting. At the moment i am running 7.44 FDR
Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default :)

Hi im planning to buy this kit i would like to ask you guys if this kit is better than HB cyclone S. btw im going to use it for drifting
Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Cant be biase base on brand alone as each model has their own advantage and their own disadvantage. So far i am using the VerII kit for drift and it hasnt let me down. When you get this kit, make sure you get the steering kit set and universal for the front as these are the only items that have brought my new ride to a halt when i first drift this kit. When i first set up the whole car, it was on TC setup and changing to drift tyres makes the whole ride interesting and well control-able. As far as i can comment on HB cyclone S, i have a friend who own this kit and so far it is as good as ver2 kit. Downside of this kit is the diff seems to be loose all the time. You should survey more comparism on these 2 kit before finalising your choice. Good luck.

Originally Posted by ultranoob
Hi im planning to buy this kit i would like to ask you guys if this kit is better than HB cyclone S. btw im going to use it for drifting
Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Akudou
Cant be biase base on brand alone as each model has their own advantage and their own disadvantage. So far i am using the VerII kit for drift and it hasnt let me down. When you get this kit, make sure you get the steering kit set and universal for the front as these are the only items that have brought my new ride to a halt when i first drift this kit. When i first set up the whole car, it was on TC setup and changing to drift tyres makes the whole ride interesting and well control-able. As far as i can comment on HB cyclone S, i have a friend who own this kit and so far it is as good as ver2 kit. Downside of this kit is the diff seems to be loose all the time. You should survey more comparism on these 2 kit before finalising your choice. Good luck.
Wow thanks a lot sir Akudou ill do more research about this two kits.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Solved my stabiliser bar issue. Am trying which colour bar to be install as i am setting up my car for my next drift touring race in less then 2 weeks

Originally Posted by gimpex
Yep , I have an IFS.

Maybe try posting a pic to show us what problem you are having.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any of u here runs Turnigy, Zippy, Rhino pack on your V2? Does it fit?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok, I had my first outing with my TA05v2 today... Some of the things that broke/didn't work good:

Suspension mounts - The rear arm popped out after the pivot balls ripped out of the socket...

Servo Saver - This thing kept shifting, causing me to take off the servo to remount the thing.

Front C Uprights - Snapped.

I'm considering to go alloy for the C Uprights, carriers, knuckles, (but still maintain plastic arms), and also alloy suspension mounts,

What brand do you guys recommend? Yeah Racing? 3Racing? GPM?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

I am not surprised about the servo saver as i had these problems 3 months ago when i was running this machine. As you can read on the previous post, my upright didnt snapped but had a loose thread in it leaving me to get the 3R aluminium upright of TB03, which also snapped.. left & right with only very little impact. I suggest you look for the original parts unless you are willing to part with your money should the aluminium upright snapped too. I dont recommend aluminium parts on the upright, carrier, knuckle, etc

Ok, I had my first outing with my TA05v2 today... Some of the things that broke/didn't work good:

Suspension mounts - The rear arm popped out after the pivot balls ripped out of the socket...

Servo Saver - This thing kept shifting, causing me to take off the servo to remount the thing.

Front C Uprights - Snapped.

I'm considering to go alloy for the C Uprights, carriers, knuckles, (but still maintain plastic arms), and also alloy suspension mounts,

What brand do you guys recommend? Yeah Racing? 3Racing? GPM?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, maybe I'll just order up a few parts tree, Tamiya parts tree always seems to be pretty cheap, although you do end up with 9,999 of the spare parts that never seem to break...

As for the servo saver, did you go with a Kimbrough or something more reliable? I think the stock Tamiya one is junk. Funny though, the servo saver in the TA05v2 kit is nearly the same as the one that came with my DF-03MS kit, and the one in my DF-03MS is still working flawlessly... Weird...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

True enough on the tree parts but you will never know when you need the rest of the parts as ver2 keeps getting interestingly faster once you have the setup right.

I went for a Futaba Aluminium servo horn instead as i am running the Futaba Digital brushless servo BLS451. Insaningly as everyone remark on what i am doing as these can cause damage to my servo but till today its still working fine despite of my high speed and high torque crashes.

You might wanna check out if you have left out anything not installed on the servo saver that differs your ver2 and DF03ms. But so far that i know there is 3 ver2 locally here and none of us can get the servo saver to stay at that position very long.

Yeah, maybe I'll just order up a few parts tree, Tamiya parts tree always seems to be pretty cheap, although you do end up with 9,999 of the spare parts that never seem to break...

As for the servo saver, did you go with a Kimbrough or something more reliable? I think the stock Tamiya one is junk. Funny though, the servo saver in the TA05v2 kit is nearly the same as the one that came with my DF-03MS kit, and the one in my DF-03MS is still working flawlessly... Weird...
Old 12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Akudou
True enough on the tree parts but you will never know when you need the rest of the parts as ver2 keeps getting interestingly faster once you have the setup right.

I went for a Futaba Aluminium servo horn instead as i am running the Futaba Digital brushless servo BLS451. Insaningly as everyone remark on what i am doing as these can cause damage to my servo but till today its still working fine despite of my high speed and high torque crashes.

You might wanna check out if you have left out anything not installed on the servo saver that differs your ver2 and DF03ms. But so far that i know there is 3 ver2 locally here and none of us can get the servo saver to stay at that position very long.

Yeah, I was thinking of just skipping the servo saver and go back to the metal horn that came with my servo (AE DS1313). It's metal geared and has a high torque, so I'm willing to risk it...

Yeah, the servo horn caused me nothing but headaches, as any little scrape against a wall or lane dividers would cause me to adjust my steering trim to keep my car straight...

Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

If you have another servo as spare then you can go on with it. Not only will the original servo saver causes headache, i recall the night i had to open the whole damn thing up countless time due to adjusting it. Good luck and enjoy the ver2.

Yeah, I was thinking of just skipping the servo saver and go back to the metal horn that came with my servo (AE DS1313). It's metal geared and has a high torque, so I'm willing to risk it...

Yeah, the servo horn caused me nothing but headaches, as any little scrape against a wall or lane dividers would cause me to adjust my steering trim to keep my car straight...

Old 12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Servo horns are only good if their is a spring on the bell crank like with off road cars. Don't do it. If your hitting the boards your going to ruin your servo. Try the Kimbrough servo saver. I had the same problem as you then I switched and now it works great. A 3.00 servo saver is worth replacing a servo. My thoughts on aluminum C-hub's and upright's. They don't give and anything attached to them snap.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What's everyone's tire choice for racing? I want to try the Tamiya belted slicks but which ones. Type A or B?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.