Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
No, TeamWave doesn't work with SP, I think I just trolled you,lol.

Oh you bad person, Quick BAN him lol

Irgo will sort out for you and send you the link by PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
I have to disagree with defcone. cherry2blost is a forum/thread troll.
Read the 2nd line as well.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Irgo I am racing tonight and I believe I have the CD with me that has the 'OLD' HW software on it, will attempt to put it on my hosting, along with the SP software that I host and post a link either later today or in the Morning.

i am also trying the Hobbywing Software version 2009 08 20 which is
General Tool Hobbywing USB Link Version 1.5
and tried the v1.02 HW LCD
then turn on the ESC, and switch to
DEVICE
ESC SPEED CONTROLLER
The software still unable to read anything
There is only
About Tab

So with GENERAL TOOL HOBBYWING USB Link Version 1.5 still can not rollback the esc firmware since the Software is not showing Updates Button.

So i will wait for your oldest Software ?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by san.
I have to disagree with defcone. cherry2blost is a forum/thread troll.
LOL

Having watched for several days Irgo attempting to get some form of resolution I have come on here to offer a possible remedy to his dilemma, how on earth is that "disrupting normal on-topic discussion"?

SP have gone quiet, for obvious reasons, King Golden are the owners of the HW/SP/TW brands, therefore I believe that it is right that those of us who may be able to offer some help do so. Adam originally bawled me out for offering this solution, which I have offered to Irgo, to him. But as he had supposedly 'programmed in' the 'bricking' of SP program cards to prevent the use of HW software this meant me being banned for a while for this 'crime'?

We in the HW/SP etc community need to stick together as these are uncertain days for all involved. I do sincerely hope that once the KG USA set up is completed that we shall not return to the days of misinformation and sometimes downright deceit that has taken place here in answer to certain questions? (Is that one trolling? lol)

My GT2.0 Pro is now on order from Schumacher UK at a very reasonable price, so will begin to play with this as soon as it arrives.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
How do you "toast" a motor? I always run my motors a little on the conservative side to keep the temps down, but I thought that if the motor did get too hot the thermal cutout would activate? Were you running without this? I'm just worried about killing my motors now

Ben
I was testing the prototype software...toasting motor is part of the plan (or expecting), so we know where is the problem.

Like other mentioned...thermal cut off is for the speedo, not the motor...and beside, I don't use it, nor the lipo voltage cut off...I (myself) don't find that necessary...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
do your self a favor buy yourself a tekin like the sp drivers for TITC10

they had about 20 of them

mybe you can send them a pm they might have a chep one for you

or you could always wait and hope that sp can catch up and pass the tekin Tec..............
Ok...thanks.

So you are 110% sure all 20 of those SP drivers that used the custom made Tekin GT2 LPF or TEKIN were all "FULL RIDE" contracted SP driver like Marc Reinhard that they MUST use SP speed control right..?

What he did was totally not necessary (putting the side GT2 sticker on a obviously way smaller and different looking speedo) but he might NOT required to use SP speed control because he might be only a sponcored driver without even a sponcored driver's agreement or restriction...

If you see Marc Reinhard did that with his speedo........NOW, that is a big deal.

I am just a END USER like all of you...I don't work for SP at all.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Back on topic. My sons WGT CRC GenX 10 car with SP GT 2.0 LPF and 17.5 SP V3 motor, 2S setup, 100 spur, 29 pinion, 58mm tires. Now using 323a version. With 107 and 110 versions there is cogging no matter what timing is on motor... Maybe someone can suggest what to do to get ride of of cogging...?

Now ESC settings:

Drag Brake Force - 5%
DDRS Start Mode - Level V
Maximum Brake Force - 50%
Neutral Range - 6%
AMTS Timing - 11.25

Motor timing all way to 10 mark.

What I can improve to make car a little bit quicker? Track is technical 25x8m high grip carpet. Thank you.

Last edited by audriusv; 03-04-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by audriusv
Back on topic. My sons WGT CRC GenX 10 car with SP GT 2.0 LPF and 17.5 SP V3 motor, 2S setup, 100 spur, 29 pinion, 58mm tires. Now using 323a version. With 107 and 110 versions there is cogging no matter what timing is on motor... Maye someone can suggest what to do to get ride of of cogging...?

Now ESC settings:

Drag Brake Force - 5%
DDRS Start Mode - Level V
Neutral Range - 6%
AMTS Timing - 11.25

Motor timing all way to 10 mark.

What I can improve to make car a little bit quicker? Track is technical 25x8m high grip carpet. Thank you.
Try replacing the sensor wire first. usually, that is the cause of most cogging issues.

Secondly, with the 323 Software, you want to max out your DDRS and AMTS.

Drag Brake Force - 5%
DDRS Start Mode - Level IX
Neutral Range - 6%
AMTS Timing - 26.6

With the 323 Software and 17.5, you want to max out both punch and timing to get max power from your 17.5.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Last edited by LOSI123; 03-22-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Try replacing the sensor wire first. usually, that is the cause of most cogging issues.

Secondly, with the 323 Software, you want to max out your DDRS and AMTS.

Drag Brake Force - 5%
DDRS Start Mode - Level IX
Neutral Range - 6%
AMTS Timing - 26.6

With the 323 Software and 17.5, you want to max out both punch and timing to get max power from your 17.5.
Cable is not option. I have changed two cables and even motor (Novak 10.5 Pro SS) . Cogging feels for very short time on very narrow speed stick movement. And with 323a there is no cogging with same cable and motor (and with Novak).
Thank you for suggestion about DDRS and AMTS.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
Perhap's it will do,

but if only Hobbywing willing to respond Speed Passion Users.
since the hardware was build by Hobbywing,
Last time i know Hobbywing is not gonna to release any new Software,
The Software Coder is now work's only for Speed Passion,

That seem loose connection between Hardware and Software Developers on Hobbywing,
and you Think will have chance to Hobbywing for
rebuild their Software re-flash?

why not pan Join us here right ?

Let's see how Pan respond on this
Hobbywing makes everything, hardware and software. King-Golden is like Horizon, they own a few brands. You can have your own ESC branded the way you, with any changes to the software you want or they have the capabilty of doing and all you need to do is place a large enough order.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by audriusv
Cable is not option. I have changed two cables and even motor (Novak 10.5 Pro SS) . Cogging feels for very short time on very narrow speed stick movement. And with 323a there is no cogging with same cable and motor (and with Novak).
Thank you for suggestion about DDRS and AMTS.
Yeah, it is really weird like that. Some fo the drivers had cogging issues with the 110 and 107 and some didn't. I never did, but i have seen it happen. Also, the 110 and the 107 like the higher settings much more than lower settings, especially the DDRS. If it is below 5 or 6, it runs funny.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
I was testing the prototype software...toasting motor is part of the plan (or expecting), so we know where is the problem.

Like other mentioned...thermal cut off is for the speedo, not the motor...and beside, I don't use it, nor the lipo voltage cut off...I (myself) don't find that necessary...
Solara,

The overheat protection should work for the motor and ESC. I took this from the GT2.0 manual.

If the function is activated, the output power will be cut-off when the temperature of the
ESC or the internal temperature of the motor is up to 95C for more than 5 seconds. When the protection happens,
the Green LED will light.
 When the ESC is over-heated: The Green LED flashes as “”.
 When the motor is over-heated: The Green LED flashes as “”.
Note: The over-heat protection function for the motor may not be 100% accurate for motors other than Speed
Passion brand.

Ben
Old 03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
Solara,

The overheat protection should work for the motor and ESC. I took this from the GT2.0 manual.

If the function is activated, the output power will be cut-off when the temperature of the
ESC or the internal temperature of the motor is up to 95C for more than 5 seconds. When the protection happens,
the Green LED will light.
 When the ESC is over-heated: The Green LED flashes as “”.
 When the motor is over-heated: The Green LED flashes as “”.
Note: The over-heat protection function for the motor may not be 100% accurate for motors other than Speed
Passion brand.

Ben
BEN,
FYI, we all had heat protection on. I blew 2 13.5's and 2 17.5's. This software testing is to ensure you guys don't blow your stuff up like us test drivers did.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lutach
Hobbywing makes everything, hardware and software. King-Golden is like Horizon, they own a few brands. You can have your own ESC branded the way you, with any changes to the software you want or they have the capabilty of doing and all you need to do is place a large enough order.
That's why i am pushing Speed Passion not Hobbywing,

as Speed Passion is the one that willing to achieve the Competition,
Speed Passion can lead us to the right way,
and now i am really suggesting Speed Passion to respond Firmware Cases.

So maybe not Speed Passion, if Speed Passion Brand belongs to King-Golden.

This will make King-Golden Responsible to the mess.

But none of Speed Passion or King-Golden have Technical Support like Hobbywing.

So Obviously Hobbywing Untill now have The latest General Tools USB Link the version 1.60

but Speed Passion is only had General Tools USB Link version 1.32

So Hobbywing had the latest Software since They are the engineer.
and
Speed Passion can only Developed the Esc Firmware.

you said that Previously Hobbywing is not interested on Build CAR ESC,
but now They did.

I belive you can tell them (Hobbywing) to find The Firmware Damaged Solution.

The only Solution is Re-Flash Firmware that work's like Rollback the ESC Firmware.

as we know until now, The latest Software to Flash is not from Speed Passion but from Hobbywing. but Hobbywing version 1.6 dont have Re-Flash to roll back, and The software is only enabled to Flash if the ESC Firmware is already booted.

Hobbywing must learn From what TeamWave done.
TeamWave can Flash Their ESC Firmware, when The Esc is Switch Off, with Er (error) detected,
not like LCD that must read esc first.

Last edited by irgo; 03-04-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.