Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bishop
I also noticed it's now cogging badly at low throttle, so I'd be curious to see if anyone else has found this?
I have same problem with stock 0
Not with other soft
Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The cogging issue is being addressed. The next update should get rid of the cogging.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mispost
Old 01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually, I thought of this last night during racing, so went looking for that function in Stock0, only to find it was not there!

My Hobbywing and I believe the Orion and many others all have it, so I was almost dumbstruck to find it missing from the Pro.
it is there, i thought the same yesterday you just have to update the proram box and reflash the esc and it will show
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toolmannz2
it is there, i thought the same yesterday you just have to update the proram box and reflash the esc and it will show
Again....Reventon has nothing to do with Hobbywing or Orion or Yokomo or 3-4 other different rebatch ESC. But we will consider to add that onto the stock0. We did not change anything on stock0 except we found out there are some minor cogging on the stock0 at launching if your motor's timing is set higher then 35*.....we will address that problem and hope we can update the problem without resubmitting the software to ROAR again. If we do have the update and if ROAR need us to resubmitt, it will take some time....
Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by quickershifter
I just bought a new SP Ver.3 motor 17.5T, hooked it up to my SP Rev Pro but no throttle (motor not turning). Try to calibrate the ESC after firmware v22 updated, no beep sound in the ESC, but the orange led blinks. I can feel the motor staggering but no turns. Any advice on this?
Before you send the ESC back to us, please check your PM, I have give you one final back check from our software and hope that will solve your problem. Your ESC looks like it has the software upload failure while uploading and it scratched the file upload, it is a software issue and I hope my PM will give you a good upload (reformate) and resurrect your ESC.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bumpy
Do we have a potential date for the release of the pro EX yet?
I would guess it should be some time MARCH. Because we just done some indoor carpet testing with the current 2012 Paved On Road National TQ and Champ Dave Arnold and saying the STOCK1 and MOD2 software works excellently and it was one of the best feeling 1S supported ESC. Along with the Speed Passion V3 3.5 motor that he was using.

The new EX will be 1-2 cells supported, so, if you are planning to run 12th scale, Oval and even TC....look for the new EX.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by X men
I just resend my pm...thanks!
Dude, I swear to GOD...I did not see your PM, not the pass 2 weeks. Can you ask the question on the thread instead?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Airflow
Hi solara, do I need to upgrade my Reventon R firmware to the one you posted? I'm using stoc01

What's the benefit of upgrading to this new firmware anyway?
Actually, there are no update on the STOCK1 software for the R, we only updated the brake (internally) and there are no performance update for the R. We tried to PUSH the limit by using the REVENTON PRO Stock1 program direct implanted onto the R and we blew up several R unit within 3 minutes time.

There are different between the PRO and the R internally and we just cannot drop in the power from the PRO to the R just like that. I wish we could, but the R has its own limit.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RSCosworth
Well, the new program for the pro has definatley sorted out the mid range problems. However, the brakes have now become too soft so, well done but please keep at it.
You need to adjust your braking from the card, just can't use default setting and expect it to the best....we have to set the default to LOW so you can adjust per your liking.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikelebron
I noticed just about most major online etailers and even Speed Passions own online store have no inventory for just about all products.

Is there an issue with the company?
Depends on which item you are talking about...? What are you looking for..?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone else find the new software for the Reventon Pro a little odd?, I was using Stock0 last night during racing with the older firmware, still noticing the brakes were very weak, so today I flashed the new ware onto it.
First things I noticed was it felt like there is more brakes there now, but then I also noticed it's now cogging badly at low throttle, so I'd be curious to see if anyone else has found this?
Do this...turn down your motor timing and gear up a little. We will address an update on this issue but this issue is caused by the motor timing are too high...when using Speed passion motor...when the motor timing board was set below 35* it will be acceptable...and if set above 36*, yes, it sound pretty bad....

We will get this figured out...
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Why do I need to cut a wire to make any motor work with the esc. That is ridiculous that i have to hack my motor.
NOT ANY MOTOR...just some, especially motor that has the TEMP SENSOR built in but DOES NOT tell the customer and mfr about this little chip.

The 2nd wire that customer need to cut off is the TEMPERATURE READING signal to the ESC. Since REVENTON ESC does not have motor temp reading, so you can cut that wire off and it will be effect a thing on the ESC and motor performance.

We will have this addressed in the future.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ript
Just tried my brand new Reventon Pro tonight at a club meet, I'm getting the EXACT same problem. Happens after a 6min race, ESC temp was 42 degrees (c) and when you turn it back on it starts repeatedly beeping with no throttle response.
I'm running the Stock0 blinky firmware that I downloaded to it from the latest software release, I'm wondering if that's something to do with it as a mate at the track has one and he didn't update and doesn't have that problem.

Lipo cutoff is off but when I change to a fresh pack the speedy operates fine so I'm confused as hell. I'm running 21.5 blinky and it doesn't use more than 3000mAh of a 6600mAh pack so I find it hard to believe it something battery related.

Couldn't find a reply to TransAm's question, is anyone else getting this problem too?

edit: i found some replies saying its incompatibility with some motors which imo is shit! I'm using a LRP x12 21.5 I'm going to order a SP 21.5 to test this theory (need a spare motor anyway).

I am sorry....yes, LRP motor does have temperature sensor, you just need to cut off the 2nd wire on your sensor wire and that should work fine. It will NOT effect and performance what so ever, on ESC and on MOTOR.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Akita
Windows 8 ready or i have to run it in Win7 compatibility mode ?
Yupe....running Window 8 now, but if you have any problem, run it as a administrator and set the program for Window 7 completable mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.