Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking at his car made me seriously consider a Photon. It is truly a new design from the standard top-deck. I have not seen any car come close to what this does.

Edit: I'm one post late
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow that top deck...I did'nt know it was possible to improve a Photon

Could the design be to keep a certain amount of flex but to reduce chassis "wind up/bogging" when pushed hard in high grip with Mod...Que Josh

PS..I wish a few more UK drivers would "cotton on" to what I feel is one of easiest to drive and best chassis for the clubman/stock classes!

Last edited by lesbaldry; 04-07-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Well - I know thats a deep subject ,
Technically Alex I just typed it ! lol !

Hope all is well up there !

me

Hope we can mix it up this summer!

Take care, my friend........

......... BTW, this car is HOT!!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Q you got pm
Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Those pictures do not do justice!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone - Just wanted to let you know I am going to make a new CEFX thread for our coming products and stay off the TOP thread for their products.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Josh no longer with TOP???
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Unfortunately as he indicated Josh and Top have parted ways, but Myself, Schreff, EJ, Vincent and the rest of the team will continue to run the car the way it is produced out of the box.

Of course we will still be working on improvements but we will not be running the conversion kit, because IMO the car works great in the stock TOP form.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Unfortunately as he indicated Josh and Top have parted ways, but Myself, Schreff, EJ, Vincent and the rest of the team will continue to run the car the way it is produced out of the box.

Of course we will still be working on improvements but we will not be running the conversion kit, because IMO the car works great in the stock TOP form.
Wow - Cyrul gone from TOP!!!! He took a next to nothing company and put it on "TOP" - someone will be kicking themselves in no time flat.

LMAO - run it box stock ???? Working on improvements ???? Who is stepping into Cyrul's shoes ???? My guess it is team orders you can't run CEFX!!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yes Mr. slewis a guy that hasnt posted on RCtech in almost 2 years we will be running it in the Form that won the Reedy Race, Tqed and qualified 3rd at the Halloween Classic with a 2nd place finish, Tqed and qualified 3rd at The Snowbirds and won and most Recently won 13.5 at the Carpet nats where Vincent Jackson hot lapped even mod with his 13.5.

I think for the first year of the car being out it did just fine in the stock form and it will only get better.

I wish Josh luck with whatever he is doing, he is a friend and a very skilled racer and accomplished designer.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Who forgot to lock the door...?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can understand why a sponsor might want what they sell to be what the team drives, especially when it performs so well right out of the box, but if a designer/racer were to test new things out, I imagine during competition would be a pretty good way to judge how well it truly performs. *shrugs*

I just ordered a Photon today. Been looking at TC kits for a while and finally just decided to get myself the current Photon. I love the design. I also think the CEFX Evo kit for it is extremely cool and I might eventually buy one for my new car. I'm going to start out with the stock kit, but if I happen to break the chassis or have tweak issues, I'll probably go right to the Evo instead of replacing the stock chassis. I would at least switch to the lipo only chassis and at that point I'd probably just go for the CEFX Evo kit. The stock Photon design is awesome. Josh did a great job. What he has done with the CEFX Evo looks like an improvement on an already awesome design.

Maybe they didn't have a very good contract or maybe everyone's intentions and expectations weren't perfectly clear. I certainly don't know, so speculation is probably not such a wise move on my part, but for some reason I keep typing. This breakup, in the long run, might not be good for TOP, but who knows? Given his creativity and ingenuity, I expect Josh will be perfectly fine. I apologize if someone like me, looking at this from the outside and commenting on it is offensive to anyone or deemed inappropriate, but hey, this is the internet. I doubt I'll say anything further on this particular subject anyway.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
I can understand why a sponsor might want what they sell to be what the team drives, especially when it performs so well right out of the box, but if a designer/racer were to test new things out, I imagine during competition would be a pretty good way to judge how well it truly performs. *shrugs*

I just ordered a Photon today. Been looking at TC kits for a while and finally just decided to get myself the current Photon. I love the design. I also think the CEFX Evo kit for it is extremely cool and I might eventually buy one for my new car. I'm going to start out with the stock kit, but if I happen to break the chassis or have tweak issues, I'll probably go right to the Evo instead of replacing the stock chassis. I would at least switch to the lipo only chassis and at that point I'd probably just go for the CEFX Evo kit. The stock Photon design is awesome. Josh did a great job. What he has done with the CEFX Evo looks like an improvement on an already awesome design.

Maybe they didn't have a very good contract or maybe everyone's intentions and expectations weren't perfectly clear. I certainly don't know, so speculation is probably not such a wise move on my part, but for some reason I keep typing. This breakup, in the long run, might not be good for TOP, but who knows? Given his creativity and ingenuity, I expect Josh will be perfectly fine. I apologize if someone like me, looking at this from the outside and commenting on it is offensive to anyone or deemed inappropriate, but hey, this is the internet. I doubt I'll say anything further on this particular subject anyway.
There can be so many reasons for the break up, but please remember that a professional car is not build/designed by only 1 guy alone. I am sure that TOP will continue it's succes, in a matter You havent seen before, and I am sure that all of You guys can look forward to a lot more interesting new products from T.O.P.

Soeren Boy Holst
Denmark
Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Wow Josh is gone from TOP... Having 3 guys at my local track that are super fast with the current car I see first hand that the car works However, if the guy that designed the car feels that it can go faster with upgrades why would TOP not welcome the changes...
Old 04-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Wow Josh is gone from TOP... Having 3 guys at my local track that are super fast with the current car I see first hand that the car works However, if the guy that designed the car feels that it can go faster with upgrades why would TOP not welcome the changes...
Hi Teacher
Remember that the GUY has his own company

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.