Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5tylez
I just wanted to say hats off to the TopRacing Team for an amazing TC.
I run my Photon at our local track Fastcats, and I must say my Photon is one of the most dialed cars I have ever driven in indoor carpet. I started with base setup, but did some adjustments to make it real aggressive and dialed. It does everything I want it to do, carries tons of corner speed and i can throw it hard into corners no problem.

Here are a few pics of my Photon.

looks like a lrp x12 motor in there. with is it 17.5, 13.5, mod? what motor timing insert you using and what's your setup on the esc?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

New photon stuff.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/03/t-o-p-p...is-conversion/
Old 03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

The new lipo chassis is great. It looks good and I want it.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

when is the aluminum bellcrank gonna be out,spent too much money on bellcranks.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

The new topdeck looks good with more room for the balance wires on the Thunderpower packs. Nice top bumper plate as well. The dogbones look beefier to me. Anyone else think so?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

The center weight is a nice addition. I'll see if EJ has the new stuff.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Hi Mazmo, I've been using the 1.2mm shock pistons the entire time. I made a mistake when writing down the setup. For some reason the at Speedworld the 306's in the front felt better to me. My local track the 324's in front feel better, I think it just comes down to driver preference for the particular track.
Thanks E.J

Would your local track have more or less grip than Speedworld?
Would help me decide which way to go

My local track has lower grip than most.... I usually have same springs all round there.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shouldn't the LiPo chassis be part of the standard kit and the 6 cell chassis be the optional part? I imagine the vast majority of new kit purchasers would be using LiPo batteries and would prefer the chassis designed for them.

If the bell-crank is as weak as some people have said, perhaps a stronger one should be added to new kits sold. If a servo saver is the answer, would including one in the kit be a reasonable idea? Are they servo brand specific? Are these dumb questions? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb. I may also be bitter because I really shouldn't spend the kind of money it would require to put together the exact touring car I'd like, at least not right now. I'm hoping that by the time I do pull the trigger on this purchase, maybe new Photon kits won't require quite as many extra bits to make the car I want.

Last edited by locked; 03-24-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Poor grammar
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have run my car all season with a kimbrough servo saver and haven't broke a bell crank yet. I have broke the ears off of servo cases. I like the idea of using the motor mount support to mount the servo. great idea.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
HOLY SHIZ!!! that is the best lipo chassis ive ever seen
Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

The new lipo chassi conversion is great, keep the good works.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
Shouldn't the LiPo chassis be part of the standard kit and the 6 cell chassis be the optional part? I imagine the vast majority of new kit purchasers would be using LiPo batteries and would prefer the chassis designed for them.

If the bell-crank is as weak as some people have said, perhaps a stronger one should be added to new kits sold. If a servo saver is the answer, would including one in the kit be a reasonable idea? Are they servo brand specific? Are these dumb questions? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb. I may also be bitter because I really shouldn't spend the kind of money it would require to put together the exact touring car I'd like, at least not right now. I'm hoping that by the time I do pull the trigger on this purchase, maybe new Photon kits won't require quite as many extra bits to make the car I want.
The lipo chassis may be included in the near future. Keep your eyes open for new updates. I may be wrong, but I don't think the whole world has gone to lipo yet. The 6-cell chassis will work with both, the lipo chassis will not. Seems to cover more of the market with the sub-c chassis included.
The bellcrank is being looked at as a point of failure. Since most people are being successful with the stock bellcrank and a servo saver, I doubt that an aluminum bellcrank would be included in the kits. However, TOP has surprised us before with free suspension pieces, so who knows. Servo savers are personal choice. If they included the kimbrough, some would throw it away to use another brand and wonder why they had to pay for the kimbrough. It's just a matter of choice. The stock Photon is VERY capable. I'm not sure what you are looking for to make it your dream car, but with the $120 you save over the competition, you should be able to put together a very nice ride.

The new rubber kits are expected next month, so we'll see what happens when they arrive.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default My Setup

Grouchy

here is the setup I run.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Photon_13_5_Rubber_Indoor.pdf (365.0 KB, 171 views)
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
very nice...
red ball nut and the new rear gear diff...

but i am wondering how do we put the battery strap tape. the picture shows only one end.. how to do it on the other end?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LOW ET
looks like a lrp x12 motor in there. with is it 17.5, 13.5, mod? what motor timing insert you using and what's your setup on the esc?
Im running 13.5, x12. 4 dot insert.
Here are my Tekin settings. Insane fast.
I've also set my radio Throttle Expo. at -30 to tame down the initial "Rush of Tekin Power" when I pull the trigger.

FDR around 7.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.