T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Any questions?
What's your price for a hundred grams? XD

I think it's more to do with the looks when you're running alu bits in the car?
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
What's your price for a hundred grams? XD

I think it's more to do with the looks when you're running alu bits in the car?
The shipping is gonna kill ya'

The more un-sprung weight you can remove. Adds up to more overall traction and yes it looks a little better too if you like red.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
The axles are the same from stock to steel, so you really only need the bone, amain sells the bone itself for $8.50 each, that's more than reasonable and they last a long time. If you are running a spool though, you will really want to go the ECS route, pricey but worth it...
In the end I got lazy and bought the Top bones, though at some point I'd like to try some Yoko ones, I know one site lists the Top pin retainers in the Yoko section, which suggests something interesting, looking forward to the steel bones though, my alloy ones have worn a fair bit in 10.5T.

Front ECS not needed right now, still playing with a front diff, in fact I got some 200k oil to try, though what I'm really looking forward to is the Yoko rear diff showing up in my parts order...
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
In the end I got lazy and bought the Top bones, though at some point I'd like to try some Yoko ones, I know one site lists the Top pin retainers in the Yoko section, which suggests something interesting, looking forward to the steel bones though, my alloy ones have worn a fair bit in 10.5T.

Front ECS not needed right now, still playing with a front diff, in fact I got some 200k oil to try, though what I'm really looking forward to is the Yoko rear diff showing up in my parts order...
Oh ok, I am running the stock steel axles with a front diff as well, but I run oil that is a bit thicker than 500k. I'm still working on the car binding up a little too much in the corners, got a few things to try next track visit.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 AM
pmc
Tech Adept

Hello

Setup 3º Round of National championship Torres Novas track.

Best Regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm not sure if Jesse Stark reads this thread but I'd be interested to see his setup from open mod at the reedy race.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah Jesse's Car was insane, I have a litle of his feel as far as springs and oil on my car, and ?I will say it was flat dialed.

A super huge thanks to Top USA's EJ Evans, Michael OD, Jay Sharpe for the amazing support. I took my old FOAM Photon and threw an old tired rubber chassis under it. it worked well enough to get it into the show, but a closer look Saturday Night by EJ followed by some serious crap from him about my tattered ride he sat there late and helped throw on a new top USA lipo edition chassis and his setup and holy smokes what a difference. Man what a car, and with a few cleaner first laps in the mains who knows...

Thanks also to Steve Ashby and Larry with Team Powers for the tuning of an already super fast motor, what a rocket...
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would like to thank TOP USA EJ Evans and Mike OD for the new sponsership that they gave me 3 weeks ago.The first time out with the new car and putting it in the show was more then I had hoped for,and for and old guy such as myself the car has to be really good and all I have to say is the car is the best I have ever driven............THE CAR IS THAT GOOD,So Thanks agian Top USA.Doug Lemmons

Last edited by Doug Lemmons; 05-31-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Good runs to you all at the Reedy.. wish I could of been there.

How did the non-boosted class go? Where there any smokers? Was anyone speedo, motor, etc. faster than another?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default Reedy Race 2011

I just want to give a huge congratulations to my friend and TOP team driver Jesse Stark for winning Open Modified at the 2011 Reedy Race!!!!!!!

Jesse TQ'd the first two rounds of qualifying and won the first two mains. Setup and race report soon.

Also I want to congratulate Kyle Bergstrom for TQ'ing the 17.5 Ramping class. The mains didn't go so well, but still a great job!

Yes, the Photon TQ'd two classes at the Reedy.

Other notables:

Doug Lemmons made the a main in 17.5 Ramping

In 17.5 Non-Ramping there were two Photons in the show. Ron Schurr and Mark Day.

I did decent with a 13th place finish in Invite. The car was great, it was mostly driver error. LOL I'll post my setup soon as it's fairly different then what I normally run.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MAD916
Yeah Jesse's Car was insane, I have a litle of his feel as far as springs and oil on my car, and ?I will say it was flat dialed.

A super huge thanks to Top USA's EJ Evans, Michael OD, Jay Sharpe for the amazing support. I took my old FOAM Photon and threw an old tired rubber chassis under it. it worked well enough to get it into the show, but a closer look Saturday Night by EJ followed by some serious crap from him about my tattered ride he sat there late and helped throw on a new top USA lipo edition chassis and his setup and holy smokes what a difference. Man what a car, and with a few cleaner first laps in the mains who knows...

Thanks also to Steve Ashby and Larry with Team Powers for the tuning of an already super fast motor, what a rocket...
Anytime Mark! and thank you for running our car.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Doug Lemmons
I would like to thank TOP USA EJ Evans and Mike OD for the new sponsership that they gave me 3 weeks ago.The first time out with the new car and putting it in the show was more then I had hoped for,and for and old guy such as myself the car has to be really good and all I have to say is the car is the best I have ever driven............THE CAR IS THAT GOOD,So Thanks agian Top USA.Doug Lemmons
Great job Doug! The hard work paid off.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
How did the non-boosted class go? Where there any smokers? Was anyone speedo, motor, etc. faster than another?

Non-boosted A main was good. Very close field in the A. Again came down to the guy with the least amount of mistakes. I was shocked to hear the LRP/Thunderpower motor in the 3rd place car was as fast as the others running Tekin.Nice to hear. Noone local runs the LRP esc option.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
I just want to give a huge congratulations to my friend and TOP team driver Jesse Stark for winning Open Modified at the 2011 Reedy Race!!!!!!!

Jesse TQ'd the first two rounds of qualifying and won the first two mains. Setup and race report soon.

Also I want to congratulate Kyle Bergstrom for TQ'ing the 17.5 Ramping class. The mains didn't go so well, but still a great job!

Yes, the Photon TQ'd two classes at the Reedy.

Other notables:

Doug Lemmons made the a main in 17.5 Ramping

In 17.5 Non-Ramping there were two Photons in the show. Ron Schurr and Mark Day.

I did decent with a 13th place finish in Invite. The car was great, it was mostly driver error. LOL I'll post my setup soon as it's fairly different then what I normally run.
Good work at the reedy guys. I would like to see those setup sheets.

Originally Posted by racenut123
Non-boosted A main was good. Very close field in the A. Again came down to the guy with the least amount of mistakes. I was shocked to hear the LRP/Thunderpower motor in the 3rd place car was as fast as the others running Tekin.Nice to hear. Noone local runs the LRP esc option.
A lot of people have been switching to LRP/TP lately around here. The fast ones at least...
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Ron's car in 17.5 non boosting had the fastest lap of the weekend at 17.2But, my 414 did have alot more 17.3's.LOL Congrats for a great showing to all that made the mains. Lots of great driving. Congrats on an awesome win Jessie. Good luck in invite next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.