Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Center Shaft Spacer

Need help!! I was changing out a spur gear and I lost both center shaft spacers. Does anybody know what I can use in it's place? Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wayne breault
Need help!! I was changing out a spur gear and I lost both center shaft spacers. Does anybody know what I can use in it's place? Thanks
Use some thin shims. This will prevent that it runs against the bulkheads.
You can use the rings that were used by the Scythe and ARP in the steering blocks betweens the ball bearings. You can also use the shims that were with the old caster blocks.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi
I'm getting ready to run my asphalt Photon on carpet..Who got the carpet set up?
I got blue Jaco for tire , our track is 100X60....med traction...
Old 01-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi
I'm getting ready to run my asphalt Photon on carpet..Who got the carpet set up?
I got blue Jaco for tire , our track is 100X60....med traction...
Larry Fairtrace posted his carpet setup on Page 164. Give it a try.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
TOP USA Customers: We will be doing limited shipping Jan 27-29. Michael needs a break. LOL Actually we are doing inventory.

You can send in your orders, but nothing will be shipped out until next week.
good time to take pictures.....
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I have read almost the entire thread but now I have a question for all you Photon owners. What are the reasons that I should buy this car over another?. This would be my first on-roader so I am unsure what to buy!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Well I have read almost the entire thread but now I have a question for all you Photon owners. What are the reasons that I should buy this car over another?. This would be my first on-roader so I am unsure what to buy!
Even though the Photons relatively new its following is getting stronger by the month here in the UK draging many drivers away from other well known makes!!....Its an outstanding all rounder for carpet or tarmac.

Its a super choice for the clubman,easy to set up with good feed back when adjusted.Three of my club members have set personal best's first time out with this little beast,easy to drive and superb in low grip
Old 01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lesbaldry
Its a super choice for the clubman,easy to set up with good feed back when adjusted.Three of my club members have set personal best's first time out with this little beast,easy to drive and superb in low grip
agree... the car is very easy to drive and consistent... i know that at least for myself and another, we found the photon easier to drive over the more popular "X" brand...

the car has an advantage when there is low grip or the tires are bad.... plenty of rear grip to the point that the car can understeer when grip level rises... but nothing a little setup change cant help...
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Yip I've just changed to Photon's from running only Tamiya for the last 5 years, I can definitely say that I have no regrets with the switch. The car goes together easily with little to no need at all for any shimming.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Initiate

motomanpat THERE other makes out there that are as good ,its down to personal choice really,but the main selling points to me are especialy for the clubman or any one new to touring cars is as mentioned earlier is the amount of grip the car generates,to be honest its one thing the Photon sometimes has too much of...but this is not a bad thing at all normally you are chasing grip with other makes (on the UK's cold tracks lol)

Importantly though some other top makes can be a bit "vauge"with set up feed back,not so with the Photon!! any one who buys this car will so learn. Also so far the spares back,help and info up has been top knotch!

I have tried various makes over the past years but have always gone back to my favoured HPI/HB...not this time though!....good luck with your decision.....Les

Last edited by lesbaldry; 01-27-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Here's my 2 cents. First off the car is very competitive. I think that's what we look for as a primary concern. It's also very durable. The first week I had the car, I broke a steering rack. I haven't broken anything since in over 4 months of racing. There are alot of really nice design features on the car that make it easy to work on and cheaper to maintain spare parts. The support for the car continues to grow on here and product support has always been outstanding with TOP USA and Amain. And last but not least..... it's RED.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

switched about a month ago and i started on the track with this car being .2 of a second slower than my tc5 on a real good day and that was with the stock setup that pushed like a brick in my home track. now km running consistantly a half second faster than my fastest time and doing it with ease.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer x 1
switched about a month ago and i started on the track with this car being .2 of a second slower than my tc5 on a real good day and that was with the stock setup that pushed like a brick in my home track. now km running consistantly a half second faster than my fastest time and doing it with ease.
i guess with all cars you will need time to get used to and understand the car... but must admit that the stock setup really pushes like mad.... very bad...

i spent nearly one whole month learning the car... i tried different setups and even went to the extremes by using whacked out setups... this way i could feel the car at the limits... been rewarding thus far...

great car if you work on it...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lesbaldry
Even though the Photons relatively new its following is getting stronger by the month here in the UK draging many drivers away from other well known makes!!....Its an outstanding all rounder for carpet or tarmac.

+1

Les, you need to get yourself to DMCRC in Hamworthy on a Friday night
Terry is down there occasionally too.
Would be good to meet you.

Daniel.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Any reports from the birds on how the team is doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.