Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

That is nuts!!
I am ordering one as soon as Tower get the Hara edition in stock again
Old 08-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by speedxl
this thread has dropped way down time to bring up to the top.
I have gotten 35 runs out of enduros with one cut on a 10x1 blue enbell motor! how is every body elses motors holding up.
on enduros....u get about 30 runs on my steenari motor (12x1)..it is amazing how much more life you get between cuts compared to a regular motor.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Legend

13d V2

off-road truck

first cut & replace bursh > 35 runs
Old 08-26-2004, 12:38 AM
tornado

Originally posted by azenis
That is nuts!!
I am ordering one as soon as Tower get the Hara edition in stock again
Please note that Hara edition comes with screw com and sprint brushes.......these brushes don't quite last like the enduros. Only the regular V2s come with enduro brushes.

Bryan

Old 08-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I cut mine usually every 15 runs or so (2 outings)... One or two passes is all it takes

With the enduro brush, I ran about 30 runs on them before I switched to sprint brush and hard springs for more ooomph... I replaced my first set of spring brushes yesterday when the car started glitching.... I figured out they were too short and not making good contact... They had around 35 runs...

Seriously... this product is killer... I love it, it puts the fun back in electric.

One thing to check though: DO NOT overtighten the head screws, it binds the head and misaligns the bearings. The motor then overheats and brushes become toast. When you tighten the screws, stop when it becomes slightly harder to screw them on, ie when the screw heads touches the Alumiunium head. It will not move.

Later,
Paul
Old 08-26-2004, 01:45 AM
tornado

Anybody tried Surikarn Edition by Peak ? Heard they have screw like come similar to Hara Edition.

Bryan

Old 08-26-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by Lonestar
I cut mine usually every 15 runs or so (2 outings)... One or two passes is all it takes

With the enduro brush, I ran about 30 runs on them before I switched to sprint brush and hard springs for more ooomph... I replaced my first set of spring brushes yesterday when the car started glitching.... I figured out they were too short and not making good contact... They had around 35 runs...

Seriously... this product is killer... I love it, it puts the fun back in electric.

One thing to check though: DO NOT overtighten the head screws, it binds the head and misaligns the bearings. The motor then overheats and brushes become toast. When you tighten the screws, stop when it becomes slightly harder to screw them on, ie when the screw heads touches the Alumiunium head. It will not move.

Later,
Paul
what wind was that with?
Old 08-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

what is a screw com?

Originally posted by tornado
Please note that Hara edition comes with screw com and sprint brushes.......these brushes don't quite last like the enduros. Only the regular V2s come with enduro brushes.

Bryan
Old 08-26-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
what wind was that with?
Sorry, it was obvious to me since we're in Europe... we all tend to get ethnocentric sometimes

It's actually a Corally Gold 12x2 arm in there. Comparable to an Orion HT.

Later,
Paul
Old 08-26-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by azenis
what is a screw com?
I thinks he means "twisted". The comm segments are not straight.

Not that many people use the twisted comms... They're fast, but extremely inefficient. Better have killer runtime batts.

Paul
Old 08-26-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Oh OK wasnt aware of this feature on the Hara.
What are the other major differences? I thought it was only the webbing and brushes (and color)
Old 08-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

OK stupid situation...

I scratched a line on my V2 can to show me where my timing is. ( about 3 degrees). I take my motor apart, cut the com. And I must say about 10 runs, the com was slightly purple but one slight skim and it was gone. I put new brushes in it, put it back to gether put my timing mark back where it was. hook it up to my T-35 and the motor is running backwards. WTF?

Also, does anyone esles brushes show wear that looks like the hood is not alighend. I had about 1/8th of the brushes that was un used from miss alignment.

But getting back to it running backwards... I put the motor to gether exactly as I took it apart, and now it is running backwards. If I turn it around it will run in the correct way, but sounds whimpy and shows ok amp draw.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

The only thing that will make a motor run backwards is either having the endbell on backwards or hooking up the positive and negative wires to the motor backwards. You also say "3 degrees of timing", do you mean the third line on the motor? If so that is actually about 18 degrees of timing.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A few posts up I believe you guys are refering to a "skewed" com.......Hey smalls, you must have flipped it 180deg by mistake...thats the only way I can see that It would be running backwards, aside from hooking up the power leads backwards......Flip it around (get it going in the right direction) and set your timing around 15 to 18 degrees......and see what happens............Joe
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess I type too slow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.