Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the market has been slow for quite some time so most hobby shops won't stock spare parts unless you ask them to order the part you want for you.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its not HPIs fault that the suppliers like Great Plaines and Horizon Hobbies doesnt have parts. These distributors have not purchased from HPI. HPI has a full selection of parts currently. If your hobbyshop orders from HRP there is a chance they can get you parts. I think they are the only distributor who is carring parts right now. We need to jump all over Horizon and Great Plaines.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
But in better news, YESSSS!!!! I found it
That's an oldy but a goody - I think my LHS still has a couple of those buried on the back of a shelf collecting dust...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdob
That's an oldy but a goody - I think my LHS still has a couple of those buried on the back of a shelf collecting dust...
wow - I didn't even know HPI made one of these

Wish i could find the old civic hatchback or the VW polo/gulf
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
wow - I didn't even know HPI made one of these

Wish i could find the old civic hatchback or the VW polo/gulf
I'm still rocking the hpi miata and the civic you're talking about
I asked one LHS if he could special order several of that parts tree and seems like his distributor(HRP) has some in stock. Funny thing was that there were plenty of the other parts left. Anticipating 3racing or YeahRacing to make an alloy version, but where would the weakest link be after that?

On a side note, this kit is on par with those high-end chassis. You can never get a M03 to this level. That's the reason why I was so critical on the build. But I know I'll still get a M05 when it comes out.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation Whole 'nother level.

Yeah, this CupRacer is a step above the MO3.. Don't know why anyone would even compare the two.

-O
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran mine on a different asphalt surface today and it wanted to swap ends. I could almost drift it. I remedied it by lowering the two rear droop screws by two turns. The rear is very low now but doesn't scrape and it allows me to take full speed corners.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Deep dish rears?!?!

nice!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Yeah, this CupRacer is a step above the MO3.. Don't know why anyone would even compare the two.

-O
Sup buddy! Got one? Running it anywhere soon? I think I'm headed to BCR Sat to run mine
Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ScionBox
Thanks for convincing me to buy the new Tamiya M05 chassis when it comes out.

Judging by the numerous posts in this thread of people having to...

shim this, cut that, droop this, change that screw out, smooth out that bearing seat, use F201 springs, degrease the kit's bearings, swap out the thrust assembly with a spare Tamiya one and shaving off suspension arms, among other fixes too numerous to mention...

...the Cup Racer sounds like too much trouble.
People dont do any of that stuff to an M chassis because it doesnt help. LOL. If you think you are going to outperform a club racer with an M05, then Im afraid you are going to be dissapointed.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2

Deep dish rears?!?!

nice!
i really like that body and the rims really go with it
Old 05-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
People dont do any of that stuff to an M chassis because it doesnt help. LOL. If you think you are going to outperform a club racer with an M05, then Im afraid you are going to be dissapointed.
My point is that you should NOT have to spend nearly $200 on a kit and then have to correct the manufacturer's shortcomings in it.

I am just making an observation that a Tamiya M chassis (that cost almost half as much as the Cup Racer, and also includes a silver can motor and a ESC) build goes a lot smoother and faster. Plus the fun factor is probably just the same as the Cup Racer.

Of course a Cup Racer is probably faster than a Tamiya....

...but a fast car is only as good as the driver behind the wheel.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

My point is that you should NOT have to spend nearly $200 on a kit and then have to correct the manufacturer's shortcomings in it.

I am just making an observation that a Tamiya M chassis (that cost almost half as much as the Cup Racer, and also includes a silver can motor and a ESC) build goes a lot smoother and faster. Plus the fun factor is probably just the same as the Cup Racer.

Of course a Cup Racer is probably faster than a Tamiya....

...but a fast car is only as good as the driver behind the wheel.
Well....Lots of people have built the car without all of that and it seems to go together just fine. I think there are a lot of people on here trying to put it on par with something far more expensive.

As far as the M chassis goes I cant really argue with you on that. It is what it is and for the money its a fun ride and a great class to race in.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So what are these shortcomings that you have to correct in the Cup Racer? I built mine without one single issue that had to be fixed. What issue did you find when you built your Cup Racer?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
So what are these shortcomings that you have to correct in the Cup Racer? I built mine without one single issue that had to be fixed. What issue did you find when you built your Cup Racer?
ditto here...

there's things you can do to make it roll smoother/free-er, but nothing that HAS to be done...its like the TC3, the car built fine but people are always looking for ways to make it 'better'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.