Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hello again, can I convert my TAO3F into TAO3R? what should i get for the convertion?
Old 10-10-2002, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manuel
Hey Steevo, where are you in Sydney?

I didnt know there were any ta03 users still around here

Gotta go see this 'for sale' post of yours
Manuel,
I am up here in sunny Brisvegas
Selling my TA03F to make way for my new TA04S Kit
And Just when i got my 03 running like a dream. I have a whole lot of original plastic parts (2 chassis worth) as well. Once I catalogue them I will be selling them all off.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

You can convert the 03F to an 03R. To do it properly you will need the 03R tub chassis, The 03R front gear case and Bumper and the little wheel that lifts the belt over the motor. You can however swap the front end with the back end on your current 03F and do it like that. You will then however have most of the weight in the rear half of the car but it does work. I have even left the belt off altogether and had a rear wheel drive only version. If you need any help with it just let me know. I also have plenty of spare parts for sale if you need any....

Have Fun
Old 10-10-2002, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TA03f for sale

Anyone want to buy a TA03f? This car is completely stock and without a scratch. I drove it for 2 packs, that's it. Looking to get $60 US. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send some pics if interested.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: TA03f for sale

It wouldn't happen to be an "FS" would it? I'll take it if you have an "S" car.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default FS?

I don' think it is an FS, but I wouldn't know how to tell the difference. What is the difference?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: FS?

Originally posted by crookedlawyer
I don' think it is an FS, but I wouldn't know how to tell the difference. What is the difference?
"S" stands for short wheel base.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

And what would be shorter? How can I tell, ie. what is the measurement?
Old 10-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Visit the Tamiya site for the exact size. The Tub Chassis is shorter, the rest is the same. Look at the tamiya site for the wheelbase size for the 03F and the 03S and you will see the difference. I am at work so I can't check the catalogue and give you the measurements myself.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Last edited by Cube; 12-23-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2002, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

If anyone is interested i have just listed my 03F with loads of extras in the for sale section.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Bay Area racers, Sheldons Hobbies in San Jose, CA just started a "box stock Tamiya" racing class. Some hopups will be allowed for racing like ball bearings, upgrading to plastic body oil dampers and possibly opening up tire inserts to non-kit inserts. Otherwise, it's "what came in the kit." No "competition" chassis will be allowed. This includes the TA03 TRF and David Jun Edition as well as any variant of the TA04. The idea is to have a low cost class that showcases driving talent. Silver can 540 motors only! Come on out next Sat. 10/26 and race with us!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys. I just picked up a TA03RS (short wheelbase version.) I raced it this past weekend in a class that requires tub chassis, kit tires and 540 silver can motors. It was a blast, but I don't have much steering on the car. TB01's are diving under me in the turns and I can't defend the corner at all. I am considering converting it to front motor "F" configuration. I'm hoping this will give me more steering. Has anyone done any direct comparisons on this? Since I plan to run this car in TCS GT2 and the current class that I'm racing it in requires kit tires, I am very limited on hop-ups that I can add to the car. Plus, I like the way it handles right out of the box except for the lack of steering. Any thoughts?
Old 10-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default motor info

Originally posted by RetroTamiya
Hi ShadowAU,
I think you should get the Tamiya Dyna Run Super Touring if the track is tight and small. It is the most efficient of all the motors.
Here is the specs:
Dyna Run Super Touring 13X2
New Super Modified 11X3 ( if I am not mistaken )
Acto Power 16T if I am not mistaken
Type T 23T closed endbell
Type R
Type S
I can't remember which particular stock motor is able to turn the endbell. If I am not wrong it is the Type R. We use Type T for TCS race in Singapore and it is quite fast and efficient I might say.
I read the rules and regulations in the latest Sept RACING LINES magazine and I notice that the rules are pretty flexible. Well actually it all depends on which class you wanna join.
The Super Modified is an 11x1... I know this for certain after buying one for the Australian TCS...
I ended up 11th (offfically, but won't talk about that) and I am pretty certain I was first TA03... the car was faster than the result sounds but I had a lot of problems with a one way diff that took Me a little while to find... 4 qualifiers to be exact I know that if I could've found the problem earlier and adjusted the car properly using normal front diff it was definitly A-main material

I am now considering turning My TA03RTRF into a F... I need more steering and this is the easiest way I can think of to get it and have adjustability... I have all the parts already... will let people know how it goes

ShadowAU
Old 10-31-2002, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm pretty sure the Super Touring is a 11x3....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.