Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

This chassis is really nice, but in case of impact how it will behave? Changes made to the car are designed for modified or for the stock?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

For me the logical thing is to build a belt transmission version of this car. That way no complicated antiflex devices needed. Car probably easier to drive for the average drivers. Transmission more reliable and lower cost. All in all it would be a much more affordable car for us the cosumers.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Money should not play the major role right now is my opinion. If you want an affordable chassis you will find a lot. With all the similar designs on the market I am glad Awesomatix has a different approach. They should focus on performance to raise the bar and set a new standard.

Is there a known time window for a A700L Evo kit to hit the market?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

For me, that wouldn't be logical at all. I see the Awesomatix as a true 'exotic luxury' touring car. In the real world, these types of cars are not for the masses. That's how I view this brand. Oleg didn't want to just bring another belt car to the market. He took a platform that other mfg's pretty much abandoned and gave it new life. The challenges of a shaft-driven touring car has all but been eliminated, not to mention the absence of upright shocks and shock towers. All without the sacrifice of quality in materials and weight. And the Awesomatix brand is flourishing.
Why rock the boat of its success. If it ain't broke, why fix it....
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JayBee
For me, that wouldn't be logical at all. I see the Awesomatix as a true 'exotic luxury' touring car. In the real world, these types of cars are not for the masses. That's how I view this brand. Oleg didn't want to just bring another belt car to the market. He took a platform that other mfg's pretty much abandoned and gave it new life. The challenges of a shaft-driven touring car has all but been eliminated, not to mention the absence of upright shocks and shock towers. All without the sacrifice of quality in materials and weight. And the Awesomatix brand is flourishing.
Why rock the boat of its success. If it ain't broke, why fix it....
Would you still not be interested in a belt drive if Oleg made one, it proved faster and more consistent, easier to drive than the current version? Still keeping the other parts which sets it apart, keeping the exotic luxury style of product? How to make a belt drive chassis can surely be improved by applying the same thinking that gave us the current A700.

Again, not trying to say you are wrong and I'm right. Just trying to undertand if the feeling of luxury exotic is more important than performance by asking this hypothetical question.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is a belt drive prototype on the Awesomatix website during early testing, and seems the shaft was faster head to head.

http://www.awesomatix.com/prototypes.html
Old 11-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FXFX
Would you still not be interested in a belt drive if Oleg made one, it proved faster and more consistent, easier to drive than the current version? Still keeping the other parts which sets it apart, keeping the exotic luxury style of product? How to make a belt drive chassis can surely be improved by applying the same thinking that gave us the current A700.

Again, not trying to say you are wrong and I'm right. Just trying to undertand if the feeling of luxury exotic is more important than performance by asking this hypothetical question.
After seeing how free the drive train is with the shaft system that Oleg developed I couldn't picture a belt feeling the same or better. I'm not a mod driver so maybe I don't understand some of the reason why the shaft is an issue. Maybe once I man up and put a mod motor in the car I'll understand.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

awesomatix is not like any other car..:-)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

[QUOTE=wtcc;12690468Is there a known time window for a A700L Evo kit to hit the market?[/QUOTE]

Dec/Jan
Evo parts strap onto a A700L in about 25m.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Gear diff

When will more information be released on the new gear diff? I am thinking the new design might be something like the Corally SGX gear diff.

Patrick
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Man I am uber stoked after getting to run a few laps with my awesomatix last night after racing
My t4-14 was really good in the last qualifier and even better in the main till the shock bottom came lose.
But to swap electrics over in about 30 minutes and go right out on 7 run tires was sick how well the car felt with not even and practice it was as fast and handled better I did leave the transponder out on purpose as to not worry about lap times and again super impressed with the car
Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
When I built the car it was under weight by allot... Now I have to add even more weight sigh...
When I was testing the A700 on USGT class...I think it was 1450g....my car, with a heavy Tamiya GT-R body with those of shoe-glu reinforcing...ended up 1368g...............I ended up taped a extra SERVO on top of the deck because I ran out of time and ideas...I tried to tape 2 extra tires on it but it won't lay down flat..
Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJS414
For me the logical thing is to build a belt transmission version of this car. That way no complicated antiflex devices needed. Car probably easier to drive for the average drivers. Transmission more reliable and lower cost. All in all it would be a much more affordable car for us the cosumers.
The way this car exits the turns in the stock motor classes is amazing. I can't say for certain it's due to its shaft drive or not, but it's clearly visible on the track.

What would be interesting is if other mfgs jumped on the shaft drive bandwagon again and started offering a purpose-built car for stock motor classes.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

there should be plenty of room under the shaft to put stick on weights there. I run the original A700 in VTA with only weights down the center and only a 5000mah battery.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Dec/Jan
Evo parts strap onto a A700L in about 25m.
Nice! I will wait for the evolution kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.