Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwvrt
After rebuilding and setting up my car this weekend I've noticed that it has bump steer on the rear of the car, in my case the toe increases as the suspension is compressed. Is it just a matter of tuning this out with more shims on the rear steering link. It would be nice to run a low toe in setting for extra speed on the straights but if I'm thinking correctly when the car leans into a turn the extra toe would only be on one side of the car so not good. Most setups I see use a 2mm shim which gives the situation I have.
I think it really depends on the setup and conditions as to whether it is good to use "active" toe in the rear. Just last night my car had a mid corner (on power ) under steer. I added 1.5mm of shims ( total of 4.75mm. ). It was an effective change as it slightly reduced toe during compression . As I applied power causing the rear to squat ( mod class - 5 turn motor ) the decrease in toe allowed the rear to rotate just a slight bit. I know other solutions are possible even preferable but this ultimately was a quick solution for me.

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

ok I see what you mean , so it's possible to have a slight rear wheel steering effect if I shim the rear so that the outside wheel on compression toes out , which will help bring the back round but without loosing traction.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Congratulations to Mike and Karl for a excellent showing at 2013 Roar Carpet Nationals. They both finished well in the 17.5 A-main TC class. In A3, they both showed great race pace to keep up with the lead cars.

Look forward to watching these guys bring Awesomatix USA a lot of success.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MDawson
Congratulations to Mike and Karl for a excellent showing at 2013 Roar Carpet Nationals. They both finished well in the 17.5 A-main TC class. In A3, they both showed great race pace to keep up with the lead cars.
Look forward to watching these guys bring Awesomatix USA a lot of success.
Congratulations and thanks to Mike and Karl!
Thank you Mark for all your efforts also and wish you more luck next time!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

2013 Roar Nats Recap

Simply I failed. I never connected with my cars, tires/sauce and track.

My power package was really good.

Early on the cars were good, the track was lightly grooved but somewhere in between practice and end of the race I lost the feel of my car.

As the race went on, the track transitioned from lower grip to its highest in the main. I thought that window of change was really big considering that many of the first runs racers tried no-sway bar setups. The track had a combination of high speed load areas and a high level of dry grip. There were a lot of cars in the later rounds that found the catch net due to the traction increase.

The A700 develops a heap of traction - I am glad that asphalt season has arrived. I think our current crop of setups will actually adapt well to the outdoor season.

I did have some good takeaways from the race:
- Refine set-ups that target mid-high bite US carpet, our track barriers are unforgiving, the tracks are big with 180s and switchbacks. Need to look at both configurations.
- Look at non-sway bar, heavy spring/dampening, stiff chassis setups for spec classes
- Explore rear-steer characteristics

Did I say I was happy that the outdoor season is starting?..

I failed, no excuses.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mike Gee (practice tq cursed?), Karl Hoffmeister, and Mark Dawson all did very well at Horsham. As Mark mentioned, there is some work to be done on CRC Clik Trak boards. I'm very excited about the overall pace of the car.. And putting 2 of 3 cars in the building into the Stock TC Amain is a huge accomplishment!!

Next race out I know the numbers of Awesomatix drivers will grow. There was a lot of interest in getting car kits now with the formation of Awesomatix USA. I cannot wait for the start of the North American outdoor season. The Carpet Nats was my last touring race with TOP ... And I'm super excited about the upcoming years with Awesomatix.

Looking forward at the larger outdoor races .. And trying to figure out how to make two races in the month of May
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

On this weekend Özer Yürüm with A700L won the National Championship of Germany in the class 17.5.
Congratulations, Özer!
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-img_1739.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-img_1733.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-img_1715.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Congratulations and thanks to Mike and Karl!
Thank you Mark for all your efforts also and wish you more luck next time!
Thanks! My car was great early on in practice, and I was able to seed #1 for qualifying. The grip started to come up for qualifying and the mains, and I lost a little bit of pace. For A2 I finally hit on the change my car needed to be consistent, and this combined with another change for A3 I was finally able to show what the car can do, finishing 3rd from 6th on the grid, setting the fastest lap of that main (as well as best top 5, 10 and 20 lap avg's). Unfortunately I had rough go's in A1 and A2 and finished 6th, but I am very excited about the potential of the car, and with a little more time hope to translate it into some victories
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello everyone

I would like to report another win in Canada for awesomatix in 17.5 blinky at OGR march madness trophy race. There were competitors from all over canada and the USA, I set a blistering TQ pace right from the start and also won the race with the a700L. As the day progressed the car was getting easier to drive and had incredible traction that allowed me to put the car anywhere I wanted with confidence. I have not changed the cars setup except for droop and after testing i was able to come up with a great setup for rubber 17.5 blinky. I'm so happy with this car thank again Oleg for a great car.

Frank b
Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frank b
Hello everyone

I would like to report another win in Canada for awesomatix in 17.5 blinky at OGR march madness trophy race. There were competitors from all over canada and the USA, I set a blistering TQ pace right from the start and also won the race with the a700L. As the day progressed the car was getting easier to drive and had incredible traction that allowed me to put the car anywhere I wanted with confidence. I have not changed the cars setup except for droop and after testing i was able to come up with a great setup for rubber 17.5 blinky. I'm so happy with this car thank again Oleg for a great car.

Frank b
Yep Frank your AWESOMATIX look awesome ..best one on the track..
Old 03-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by frank b
Hello everyone
Frank b
Congratulations, Frank!
What about setup?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

here is the setup sorry for delay

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/awes...matixA700.html

Last edited by frank b; 03-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Middle River Hobbies in Maryland becomes the first hobby store to stock kits and parts from Awesomatix USA. Should be on their shelf's in 2-3 days...
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Servo saver

What servo saver have people found to fit the best?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
What servo saver have people found to fit the best?
i've been running a Kimbrough 'medium', but will be moving to the Xray T4 T3 Composite Servo Saver X-Stiff Set XR-372503.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.